Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:33:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Similarities between cryptocurrency world and the real world  (Read 186 times)
Nanagyasi (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 09:51:24 AM

Throughout my stay on this forum I have observed one thing which to me is similar to the cheat that goes on in the real world.

In our countries, new graduates have to go through a lot before he/she gets employed especially by private companies all because they mostly require some years of working experience, mostly 3 years and above.

In cryptocurrency and on this forum, most signatute bounty campaigns requires participants to get to a certain rank, some surprisingly full rank and above.

I see this as a repetition of the real world cheat. What do you think too??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PlanetZebes

Activity: 68
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 07:41:34 PM

Not the best example because the rank requirements for campaigns is simply to minimize abuse from people with multiple accounts. While getting employed is more a matter of competence.
crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:15:30 PM

I agree with planetzebes, these are not the best of examples but if I relate to OPs examples you spoke of graduates getting experience to be ready for the real world but I think this is the complete opposite for cryptocurrencied as they get experience on the job and unlike getting better with time like a graduate,cryptos can go either way...either become better or become worse.

In cryptocurrency and on this forum, most signatute bounty campaigns requires participants to get to a certain rank, some surprisingly full rank and above.
This is simply to deter users from posting spam and also the signature space is more appealing for high ranked users than lower ranks which have limited styling styles and colors.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1584

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 09:45:27 AM

Throughout my stay on this forum I have observed one thing which to me is similar to the cheat that goes on in the real world.

In our countries, new graduates have to go through a lot before he/she gets employed especially by private companies all because they mostly require some years of working experience, mostly 3 years and above.

Is not an adequate metaphor:

a) You don't need to do bounty to rank up. In real world terms, you would not need to "work" and still would be able to get experience.
b) Campaigns are keen on upper ranks because they get more "add" space and a picture.
c) You can't "fake" workers in the real world, but you can do it in the forum, unfortunately.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 03:18:14 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

How is that a "cheat" IRL? It's not wrong for a business to want a qualified employee.

Bounty campaigns on this forum should not be treated as or compared to a job in any way. This is the root of most problems here.
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 03:21:41 PM

I think that it is similar to the real world. If the account has a high rank, it does not always mean that he writes so good and competent posts. This is due to the fact that the rank given for the number of posts, not for quality.
In my opinion, the rank must be confirmed at least quarterly, by receiving Merit.
Squishy01

Activity: 98
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:26:22 PM

Not the best example because the rank requirements for campaigns is simply to minimize abuse from people with multiple accounts. While getting employed is more a matter of competence.

This is what I really had in mind after reading this post. Although I get what OP was trying to say, but I believe that is not the best analogy for the world of cryptocurrency and the real world.

If I'm going to think of similarities, I think one would be the high stakes of investing in something in order to gain profit (stocks/bonds:cryptocurrency,altcoins/bitcoins)

Lkcrypt

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:34:16 AM

Everything is similar because it is run by the same people except the digital part everything in the cryptocurrency world is not tangible unlike the crypto currency world 
Cinamon

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:05:24 PM

If I look at it like this, the requirements determined by the bounty organizers actually look like a formality, they never filter participants from abilities and skills, in the ICO it needs an effective and targeted campaign, so that the ICO project can run smoothly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: