Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:45:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING Cryptostocks.com INVESTORS SECURITY FLAW  (Read 17123 times)
hashbros

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 01:42:38 PM

So what is going on with FireMine? I cannot upgrade my shares...it says under trade-in that I am allowed max 0 shares. I have 16 shares...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinerjoe

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:37:22 PM

lol thats funny coming from someone running a lottery.  what a fucking con job.
glongsword

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:20:30 AM

What the hell is going on.  It's obvious at this point that FIREMINE/ALTSWAP/MINECO/maybe others?  Are a SCAM!!!  This "hack" has nothing to do with cryptostocks, altswap is just trying to rip all of us off by dumping all the shares they have to clean up the order books and abscond with the money.  They even went so far as to issue 100000 more altswap shares to clear the really low buy orders out.  What is more absurd is that their mineco is still listed, and being traded!  All of these listings have the same owner "info@altswap.com".  This is freaking absurd.  Why hasn't cryptostocks come here to a) Refute claims that they are easily hacked and b) Warn traders about this OBVIOUS SCAM!?!?

After seeing this thread I lost 0.12 BTC to altswap assuming they were acting in good faith.  Had cryptostocks been paying any damned attention to how altswap is manipulating their system, they would have halted trading on these SCAM stocks immediately and refunded as many traders as they could out of ALTSWAP's account balance.

Scammers will be scammers, but cryptostocks.com making no attempt at all to monitor and resolve this situation makes me extremely weary of their service.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:46:34 AM

What the hell is going on.  It's obvious at this point that FIREMINE/ALTSWAP/MINECO/maybe others?  Are a SCAM!!!  This "hack" has nothing to do with cryptostocks, altswap is just trying to rip all of us off by dumping all the shares they have to clean up the order books and abscond with the money.  They even went so far as to issue 100000 more altswap shares to clear the really low buy orders out.  What is more absurd is that their mineco is still listed, and being traded!  All of these listings have the same owner "info@altswap.com".  This is freaking absurd.  Why hasn't cryptostocks come here to a) Refute claims that they are easily hacked and b) Warn traders about this OBVIOUS SCAM!?!?

After seeing this thread I lost 0.12 BTC to altswap assuming they were acting in good faith.  Had cryptostocks been paying any damned attention to how altswap is manipulating their system, they would have halted trading on these SCAM stocks immediately and refunded as many traders as they could out of ALTSWAP's account balance.

Scammers will be scammers, but cryptostocks.com making no attempt at all to monitor and resolve this situation makes me extremely weary of their service.
Could not agree with this gentleman more.  Obvious firemine, mineco, and altswap are a singular scam effort at this point.  These are only a few in a long-line of scam-shares that have been posted on CS.  The fact that the CS admin can lead one to only one of two conclusions:
1.) Some sort of obvious kick-back in the aftermath of each scam
2.) Admin is earning so much with transaction fee's he figures, if it ain't broke (insofar as to what it earns me) why fix it? 

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
Oztwinpeaks

Activity: 133

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 10:22:06 AM

Could not agree with this gentleman more.  Obvious firemine, mineco, and altswap are a singular scam effort at this point.  These are only a few in a long-line of scam-shares that have been posted on CS.  The fact that the CS admin can lead one to only one of two conclusions:
2.) Admin is earning so much with transaction fee's he figures, if it ain't broke (insofar as to what it earns me) why fix it? 

Yeah, I couldn't agree more. It brings down the integrity of the whole exchange. I have a very limited amount of stock on CS now, mostly because the quality of companies are so poor. I'll being moving out of those asap. Havelock, at least from my experience seems to quality check the companies that they exchange a little more thoroughly. 

QuintoBTC

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:30:32 AM

I agree that it's possible that cryptostocks might be getting kickbacks.

When we created our account, immediately we sent all our information for verification.  Even with all this going on we still have not received anything back from cryptostocks.  We send image for the home page to be recognized more, but all the miners images get posted such as COIN which disappeared within  a few days.

It makes it extremely difficult to start an legitimate IPO, when the service you selected is doing nothing to protect from these scams.

Cryptostocks owner, (I am assuming one person) need to improve the customer relationship or it a sinking ship.
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:25:54 PM

Could not agree with this gentleman more.  Obvious firemine, mineco, and altswap are a singular scam effort at this point.  These are only a few in a long-line of scam-shares that have been posted on CS. The fact that the CS admin can lead one to only one of two conclusions:

There's no doubt that FIREMINE/ALTSWAP/MINECO is a scam and it's unbelievable that CS allow them to keep going, one second they claim to have been hacked, the next they are leaving CS and after that they try to promote there next scam MINECO, can CS/Kumala please be kind and explain exactly what's going on there.

1) The know kickbacks Kumala/Cryptostocks gets is 1 btc per listed project so 3 btc from this obvious scammers listings.

2) 0,15% from both sides on bought/sold shares so before the mess started in altswaps listings maby 35 btc*0,003=0,105 btc from altswap and 63 btc*0,003=0,189 btc from firemine Mineco seems to have sold 150 shares so 7.5 btc*0,003=0,0225 btc the rest of the 5020 must be a few that transfered over shares but i look more likely that it's alswaps way of scamming investors from the dividend that they now pretend to be paying some of, but in reallity most of it is probably going back to themselfs throu accounts they control witch would be breaking Cryptostocks rules as the issuer is not allowed to get dividend on the shares they have in there possestion.

Each transfer(not per share as far as i understand it) Cryptostocks take a fee of 0.005btc*2(both the one trading in and the issuer pays that) for. The 0.01 per stock that firemine announced for traing in firemine to mineco goes to firemine.

Each withdrawal Cryptostocks charge 0.005 btc for.

If Cryptostocks actually takes bribes to let actual and obvious scams to carry on scamming people on there exchange i don't know, hopefully not.

twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:34:23 PM

If Cryptostocks actually takes bribes to let actual and obvious scams to carry on scamming people on there exchange i don't know, hopefully not.

The sooner that people stop using Cryptostocks, the better. When scams are discovered on Cryptostocks, the 'contract' levels drop from White/Gray/Black, then there is a trade stop, and then the stock is delisted so that the 'projects' page isn't filled up by the numerous scams that have been perpetrated there.

Labcoin? Delisted and gone. Scrypt Asic International? Delisted and gone. Litecoinbank.org? Delisted and gone. The place requires 1BTC and no verification for someone to list a security - it shouldn't be that much of a surprise that scams abound there.

Cryptsy and Cannabit are the ONLY stocks that anyone should be looking at there - don't even think about the others and the new ones. If a stock on Cryptostocks doesn't even have a bitcointalk thread? Forget about it.

Cryptsy gets a pass because of how big it is (and was verified by the announcement directly on Cryptsy).

Don't use Cryptostocks, Kumala could care less about people getting scammed.
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:53:19 PM

I agree that it's possible that cryptostocks might be getting kickbacks.

When we created our account, immediately we sent all our information for verification.  Even with all this going on we still have not received anything back from cryptostocks.  We send image for the home page to be recognized more, but all the miners images get posted such as COIN which disappeared within  a few days.

It makes it extremely difficult to start an legitimate IPO, when the service you selected is doing nothing to protect from these scams.

Cryptostocks owner, (I am assuming one person) need to improve the customer relationship or it a sinking ship.

Yes they need to improve there customer relationship.

The owner of Cryptostocks is Kumala https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41776 last logged in March 05, 2014, 03:30:37 PM on this forum so you should be able to reach him by PM here on bitcointalk to if you need to get in touch with him.
Kumala is also the majority(70%) owner of Vircurex exchange. I did read somewhere that Cryptostocks is under Vircurex as in owned by Vircurex/registered under it, if that is the case you probably have a few hundred small partial owners of Cryptostocks to in the form of shareholders in Vircurex but i haven't seen Kumala either confirm or deny whether Vircurex owns Cryptostocks. But in either case Kumala is the one running the ship on those two company's.

nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 09:17:55 PM

FIREMINE, MINECO, and ALTSWAP exceptionally high scam-probability.  Avoid at all costs!!

Gimme the crypto!!
coinreturn

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 09:43:10 PM

Would it even really matter if you had 2FA? Cause if you're using 2FA wouldn't you likely have the login auth sent to your email anyway? Thus if they have access to e-mail they can get the auth then.
Then again if you are using a site/email that is this important your password needs to be pretty much un-bruteforceable, not just "smokeweed555" but rather like "diu@E3O-)SvV1!n^mk#9iPz$"
*shrug*
I bought some shares of Altswap a while back thinking it showed promise but watching the launch deadline come and go a month ago does not bode well, glad it wasn't much.
But, as a project co-owner on cryptostocks, I can say this doesnt help people feel safe about using the exchange :/

nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:32:28 AM

Crypto::stocks seems to be a losing proposition all around.  Now P2PDVC asset is turning out to either be another scam, or yet another "hacked" account.  This is completely unprofessional either way.

Gimme the crypto!!
QuintoBTC

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 02:17:57 AM

From https://cryptostocks.com/announcements/1084

Cryptoworld : Want high returns? Check us out !!

Dividend payments will start soon, it will be paid on daily basis and expected returns are between 0.04-0.06% per day. This is equal to 12%- 18% per month. Buy shares and contribute to our growing operations. We are group of professional people engaging in different cryptocurrency activities and our exchange is an upcoming project which will add to the profits. Join us and be a part of the group.

What a joke this guy is, their website look like a 12yo made it.

They use the name cryptoworld all over, yet their domain is cryptowrld.com without the 'o'.

On their website it show @cryptoworld.

Eex77

Activity: 160

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:12:25 AM

Dividend payments will start soon, it will be paid on daily basis and expected returns are between 0.04-0.06% per day. This is equal to 12%- 18% per month. Buy shares and contribute to our growing operations. We are group of professional people engaging in different cryptocurrency activities and our exchange is an upcoming project which will add to the profits. Join us and be a part of the group.

They use the name cryptoworld all over, yet their domain is cryptowrld.com without the 'o'.

Another cancer. They've made 11 separate announcements since the 9th all basically saying "BUY ME, BUY ME!", I'm surprised they haven't been removed yet.

DOGE: D9X7qReZrCzkWefgt5FW55ENftoLiyvZHq             BTC: 1NXinRxyWhuetk7VTqUE2xFepbFJUD4MZf             EAC: epECRCi4eLytstZZiD57gXRoLwEJLgTgZx
hyper

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:19:48 AM

Another cancer. They've made 11 separate announcements since the 9th all basically saying "BUY ME, BUY ME!", I'm surprised they haven't been removed yet.

I'd be surprised if they'd have been removed at all. ALTSWAP and the gang are still there.
QuintoBTC

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 12:23:20 PM

From https://cryptostocks.com/announcements/1089

Cryptoworld: 3 days to go for the start of daily dividends.

We will start paying dividends from 15th March on daily basis. Expected rate of return is between 0.04-0.06%  per day. Buy shares before the dividend payment starts and enjoy the highest returns in the industry.

Highest return in the industry... Can you multiply 0.04% by ZERO.
jiefangqian

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 01:54:51 AM

the hacker is :

------------------------------------my email:

Dear voxblake2013,

You have withdrawn 485910.0 DVC to address 1BwEXLmnb2PvFH2shMCBwCCNubAyJBmBNV

Thanks for using Cryptostocks for your trading activities
Your Cryptostocks Team

----------------------------------------------------dvc block explorer
Balance: 16534240 DVC
Transactions in: 7
Received: 17020125 DVC
Transactions out: 1
Sent: 485885 DVC
Transactions

Transaction   Block   Approx. Time   Amount   Balance   Currency
b5c5f191ae...   129143   2014-03-10 11:05:57   1702236   1702236   DVC
c6408bb24a...   129145   2014-03-10 11:18:44   11999975   13702211   DVC
cbbcc92a0d...   129146   2014-03-10 11:26:48   655407   14357618   DVC
faccab74cf...   129146   2014-03-10 11:26:48   1407525   15765143   DVC
009abe623d...   129149   2014-03-10 11:58:45   605272   16370415   DVC
8de09a9aa4...   129149   2014-03-10 11:58:45   163825   16534240   DVC
3a4093d116...   129207   2014-03-10 23:20:37   485885   17020125   DVC
d207c8383e...   129260   2014-03-11 10:44:25   (485885)   16534240   DVC

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
jiefangqian

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:23:54 AM

I was not use GA (I am afraid  losing my phone)
The hacker  changed my password.I don't know How could do it.
My email's password was not be changed, so I used my mail changed my cs's password.

Now I used GA.

XBC:B7jR5zX8pBpyjyrcMMiYCQyLVLC6YZjFYh
badpeanut

Activity: 333
Merit: 251

Karma is a Btc

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 02:00:31 PM

I was not use GA (I am afraid  losing my phone)
The hacker  changed my password.I don't know How could do it.
My email's password was not be changed, so I used my mail changed my cs's password.

Now I used GA.

Setup a password pin on your phone for security
mdtspain
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 03:14:35 PM

BE AWARE ..... CRYPTOSTOCKS.COM IS A SCAM!!!!!!

They are the owners of VIRCUREX.COM.

They took the money from the people who where trading there, they will do the same here!!!!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!

Don't put your money in the hands of persons you don't know!!!

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: