Bitcoin Forum
September 28, 2024, 06:26:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I withdraw alts without veryfing in Poloniex?  (Read 100 times)
slyfox (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:48:09 PM

Hi, I need to buy some altcoins and Poloniex is one of the few exchanges that has the currency pair that I need, my question is if Poloniex still allows withdrawals from unverified accounts since I do not like the idea of going through KYC? I just need to buy a few hundred dollars in coins so it's nothing big, can I do that?

It seems you can withdraw up to 2000 a day without verifying but I cannot find that information in the site of Poloniex and since I have never used a centralized exchange I am fearful my money is going to be stuck there.
jacee
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:05:07 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 05:15:11 PM by jacee

Hi, I need to buy some altcoins and Poloniex is one of the few exchanges that has the currency pair that I need, my question is if Poloniex still allows withdrawals from unverified accounts since I do not like the idea of going through KYC? I just need to buy a few hundred dollars in coins so it's nothing big, can I do that?

It seems you can withdraw up to 2000 a day without verifying but I cannot find that information in the site of Poloniex and since I have never used a centralized exchange I am fearful my money is going to be stuck there.
You can! As long as you do not withdraw/transfer a huge amount of coins then you're good to go without undergoing the KYC.

EDIT:
Wait. I just checked my poloniex account and it's asking me for to undergo verification. Have they updated their terms?
I haven't checked my Polo account for months.

EDIT:
Looks like anyone who is not a legacy user will have 0$ withdrawal lmit.

limit withdrawals to $2,000 if one is a legacy user. Anyone who does not fall into this category will be given a $0 withdrawal limit until he or she completes the proper verification procedure.

Just try a different and better exchange.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:34:54 PM

No. I don't think that they will let you.

I've stopped using poloniex ages ago, but when I stopped it was due to legacy accounts not being able to withdraw with a $2k limit per day anymore and had to also undergo the necessary verification in order to withdraw. So previously, you had only one set of users called the legacy users who could stay anonymous, but now, even that is gone.

I'd suggest not even thinking about using Poloniex due to its horrendous track record with their customer support, but rather use Shapeshift if you want anonymity, are only exchanging a small amount of coins, and don't care about a few less percent on your coins.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:39:30 AM

Wait. I just checked my poloniex account and it's asking me for to undergo verification. Have they updated their terms?
Yes. Poloniex has broken its promise to not further limit legacy accounts. Bittrex did the exact same thing.

limit withdrawals to $2,000 if one is a legacy user. Anyone who does not fall into this category will be given a $0 withdrawal limit until he or she completes the proper verification procedure.
They have done their best to get rid of legacy account holders, so this is probably only a statistical bit of nonsense. It's not for nothing that Poloniex is near empty nowadays. Remember, it used to have 50,000-100,000BTC volumes per day at some point. Messing with users is a perfect way to ruin your exchange, and Poloniex has followed that path with destructive (irreversible) consequences.

Literally; Poloniex is the most regulated crap exchange.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: