Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:26:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum has reached the historically lowest point of profitability per megahash  (Read 699 times)
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:03:03 PM

the same thing happened in 2013-2014, asics came and crashed profitability, plus, many gpu miners used their credit cards and now they are selling all what they mine to pay debts hehe, is so much fun, i remember telling trolls about it but they never listened hehe but fear not trolls, next year and 2020 will be a blast again, weekly 20% upwards, eth might hit 5000% rise in 2020 from where is at moment.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:15:06 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7)

...I told them that is a good thing to mine even when at a loss because the price may go up a lot in the near future.
This is unfortunately a stupid thing to do.
If it costs more to mine the coin than it does to buy it, why would you do the former? Do not mine at a loss, it makes zero economical sense. If you still want coins, buy them at their price. Do not pay more in electricity for the same amount of coins!!
whitesites

Activity: 88
Merit: 7

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:46:14 PM

By the time the ASICs are in the hands of miners the returns will be half of what they were when they ordered them. 
The ASICs will be lucky if they can ever pay for themselves.  And by the time they do, they will be irrelavent.
Its better to go the GPU route, as they hold their resale value.
Comino

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

No noise. No hustle. Quiet as whisper. Comino.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 09:35:14 PM

Unfortunately this is true. A single rig with 6 Rx cards , the high end, 570 and 580 series is only making 3.30 dollars daily with Nicehash. The colleagues that I manage the rigs for told me to shut down their rigs because they are barely making even but I told them that is a good thing to mine even when at a loss because the price may go up a lot in the near future.

For the moment they told me they will run the rigs until end of September and if nothing changes they will shut down their rigs. A bad moment for Ethereum in all the possible senses, price , trading and mining.

Why stop mining and switch off if you break even? You should know how the price walked back and forth since ETH was created. It is only the matter of time.

Or do you mine and cash out monthly?? If so, coin speculation is a better idea...

**COMINO** 
WORLD'S FIRST LIQUID COOLED GPU MINER
200 MH/s * 30dB(A) ASUS, Noctua, Chieftech, HardwareLabs
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1709

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:44:32 AM

Unfortunately this is true. A single rig with 6 Rx cards , the high end, 570 and 580 series is only making 3.30 dollars daily with Nicehash. The colleagues that I manage the rigs for told me to shut down their rigs because they are barely making even but I told them that is a good thing to mine even when at a loss because the price may go up a lot in the near future.

For the moment they told me they will run the rigs until end of September and if nothing changes they will shut down their rigs. A bad moment for Ethereum in all the possible senses, price , trading and mining.

Why stop mining and switch off if you break even? You should know how the price walked back and forth since ETH was created. It is only the matter of time.

Or do you mine and cash out monthly?? If so, coin speculation is a better idea...

I am pretty sure most miners are just doing it for the money not for the technology or to support the network.

Maybe if they at least got their rigs paid for, they might mine a little and hold thru a bad period however keep in mind most miners spent anywhere from 4 to 5 figures on their mining rigs and they want them paid off ASAP.

Hence they probably cash out every single time they get a payment from their pool. I am pretty sure the BTC miners are more HODL'er than ETH miners.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██