Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:55:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitMEX Bolsters Anti Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance Monitoring  (Read 41 times)
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1661

View Profile
November 12, 2020, 10:34:05 PM

For Bitmex users out there, they have partnered with a company, Eventus System to strengthen their trade surveillance and AML capabilities.

We can confirm that we’ve partnered with Eventus Systems to support our trade surveillance and anti money laundering (AML) transaction capabilities. This partnership is an important part of continuing to deliver on our promise to provide a safe and secure trading environment for all our users. 

Through integrating the Eventus Validus technology into our existing trade surveillance and AML processes, we will be able to more efficiently screen out bad actors and increase proactive monitoring for unauthorised trading activity on the BitMEX platform.

https://blog.bitmex.com/bitmex-bolsters-anti-money-laundering-and-trade-surveillance-monitoring/

This is to be expected though, exchanges today, specially top tier or who have established itself to enforce this kind of surveillance because of regulatory pressures.

For those who wanted to check the company: https://www.eventussystems.com/

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Darker45
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1867

🙏🏼Padayon...🙏

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 01:55:15 AM

We can confirm that we’ve partnered with Eventus Systems to support our trade surveillance and anti money laundering (AML) transaction capabilities. This partnership is an important part of continuing to deliver on our promise to provide a safe and secure trading environment for all our users.  

LOL to this. I don't know how others would see it but I guess privacy is more apt as a partner of safety and security than surveillance. Withholding personal information sounds a lot safer and secure to me than divulging them to third parties.

Why are customers always used as an alibi? Why can't they just be honest and say, "we are implementing this on behalf of the government."  Grin

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1661

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 10:22:05 PM

LOL to this. I don't know how others would see it but I guess privacy is more apt as a partner of safety and security than surveillance. Withholding personal information sounds a lot safer and secure to me than divulging them to third parties.

Why are customers always used as an alibi? Why can't they just be honest and say, "we are implementing this on behalf of the government."  Grin

It's because they will take a lot of heat from their customers,  Smiley so they have to do it a subtle way by making this "protect their customers", blah blah blah.

But we can smell than from afar isn't it, this is just an excuse and we all know that governments and regulatory bodies are putting a lot of pressures to these exchanges so they better comply to continue their business.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████