Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:19:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is bitcoin dead?
Bitcoin is dead. Look at the price fall. Get out while you can!
Bitcoin is dead. The high volatility proofs Bitcoin is neither good for hording nor for transferring value.
Bitcoin is dead. Sooner or later the difficulty will fall to a value the central banks will manage to run a 50% attack on it.
Bitcoin is more alive than ever. Bitcoin has been subject to some pump and dump but that only proofs interest of investors. Next round will come for sure.
Bitcoin is more alive than ever. There are more businesses today than two months ago accepting Bitcoin. Exchange rates are only interesting for horders.
Bitcoin exists in a quantum state of being simultaneously both alive and dead, collapsing into either state when the observer looks at the latest bitcoin market charts.
none of the above

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin dead?  (Read 1937 times)
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 10:21:26 PM

Hi

people are going crazy about a readjustment of the BTC/USD rate. I guess all arguments are on the table. At least those that I read were repeated 20 times each. Maybe it's time for a poll.
Please let me know if I forgot any important options.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 10:42:39 PM

Bitcoin exists in a quantum state of being simultaneously both alive and dead, collapsing into either state when the observer looks at the latest bitcoin market charts.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
giszmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 10:47:20 PM

Smiley added

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 10:47:31 PM

none of the above.
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 12:43:41 AM

You can't be that lucky.

HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 12:45:04 AM

It has nowhere to go by Up, up, up !!!
makatia

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:09:21 AM

There is no way to tell now that Bitcoin will die at the moment
leonair

Activity: 1218
Merit: 390

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:13:55 AM

This thread was started on 2011 and somebody woke it up, ever since the first 2 years of Bitcoin there are people already asking 'Is Bitcoin dead' and up until now but guess what, it's still alive and well so to those unbelievers of Bitcoin you all better think twice before judging too fast that it has no future.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
12tribes

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:51:34 AM

I am quite aware that the bitcoin price may have dipped in the recent times but that doesn't mean it is dead. The bitcoin has survived harsh storms that points to the fact that it is tenacious and here to stay. Anyone who understands the history and dynamics of the bitcoin cannot write her off by a few market downturns.

Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:06:12 PM

Hi

people are going crazy about a readjustment of the BTC/USD rate. I guess all arguments are on the table. At least those that I read were repeated 20 times each. Maybe it's time for a poll.
I don’t think that bitcoin is dead or something, in many of my posts I have clear stated that bitcoin is very sustainable crypto currency and and it will last for many decades and would end up being the central currency globally. Though the condition of bitcoin is not that good and being an Indian , I know the condition of bitcoin in India, it is strictly ban here and after the completion of 3 months period that reserve bank of India has given, they have clearly stated the ban over crypto currencies but still I feel there is a hope and bitcoin will shine once again as it was in last December’s month.
Abigail Asi

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:07:13 PM

Bitcoin can never die because because has a lot of packages in store for its users. I strongly believe bitcoin will be economically stable and one of the leading cryptocurrencies in some years to come.
Kethek

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:15:15 PM

bitcoin is not dead but bitcoin is falling and sinking at this time but bitcoin will never die, if bitcoin die meaning all coins in the market will die because bitcoin is king of all coins in the market
Mekmbem

Activity: 78

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:22:59 PM

bitcoin will never die bitcoin will always be alive indeed the price is often up and down as it happens today bitcoin prices fall very deep but that does not mean bitcoin dies because bitcoin will always grow bigger in the future
gaurangi28

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:23:47 PM

bitcoin isn't dead , and won't be anytime. as more and more people are being connected to it everyday. the bitcoin market would be at a low level now, but the rates will be higher in the coming months or years.
finlandais

Activity: 397
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:30:53 PM

No this is not true, bitcoin has a long life. It has amazing future.I don't understand why people are believing on such fake news.As an intelligent investor we should know that such important asset can never be dead.People are investing in it because they know that is will pay them back as it has the capability to do so.Bitcoin has a bright future,us and downs are very common in BTC, so stop worrying about such things and keep on investing in it.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
mgoz

Activity: 265
Merit: 232

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 05:38:53 PM

Only a 209,999,900% increase in price since I started mining....
StarofBTC

Activity: 1148
Merit: 528

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:11:04 AM

I am quite aware that the bitcoin price may have dipped in the recent times but that doesn't mean it is dead. The bitcoin has survived harsh storms that points to the fact that it is tenacious and here to stay. Anyone who understands the history and dynamics of the bitcoin cannot write her off by a few market downturns.
Exactly no matter how the market trend stays bitcoin won’t die anytime soon in current world bitcoin and other cryptos are the favourite assets of any investors and its volatile rates and potential of making quick profit attracts the young and risk-taking investors into it, also the fact being it can be used as a currency in multiple places for example betting and gambling sites, btc has gained a lot of popularity among gamblers and bettors around the world too, I don’t really see bitcoin dying and if someone says btc is dying due to price dips , its an investment it will have ups and downs.
Akenosi

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:19:40 AM

I will go with this option = Bitcoin is more alive than ever. There are more businesses today than two months ago accepting Bitcoin. Exchange rates are only interesting for horders.

Many people will stil join this world of crypto sphere, we shall see more growth in few months to come...
letsfly

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:22:02 AM

Bitcoin is not dead, not until all the internet are dead. Bitcoin is slowly being accepted globally.

futile-resistance

Activity: 840
Merit: 516

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 07:40:44 AM

Hi

Bitcoin aint dying and it won’t die anytime soon, it is just like gold or any other precious metal just the difference is it’s an digital currency or investment whatever term you like , it’s like an asset we keep our money invested in , although it has a very volatile rate and the graphs tell rest of the story about bitcoin or any other crypto but bitcoin definitely won’t dying it will rise again and reach a new peak soon.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: