Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:58:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To HODL or not, this is the question  (Read 500 times)
chulos

Activity: 268
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:50:21 PM

I think that the market fluctuation is caused not by small investors, who, when the market is so stable, buy it. But big investors, who want to buy even cheaper, can influence the market and thus cause market fluctuations. Right now we're pretty low. It's time to buy something into HODL tactics. Virtually all coins this year have fallen significantly and are still looking for the bottom. Bitcoin is still holding, and if it's over $ 6,000, it could eventually end the downtrend. I'm holding coins and not selling in fear that the price will go down. The answer to the question is difficult if you did not sell at the beginning of the year, now i would not sell.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:18:38 PM

I think that the market fluctuation is caused not by small investors, who, when the market is so stable, buy it. But big investors, who want to buy even cheaper, can influence the market and thus cause market fluctuations. Right now we're pretty low. It's time to buy something into HODL tactics. Virtually all coins this year have fallen significantly and are still looking for the bottom. Bitcoin is still holding, and if it's over $ 6,000, it could eventually end the downtrend. I'm holding coins and not selling in fear that the price will go down. The answer to the question is difficult if you did not sell at the beginning of the year, now i would not sell.

Without the small guys chipping in the waves would be much smaller. Sure, the drops may be initiated by those big investors, but it's full force shows when those small guys start to panic. There's really not that many big investors out there and many of them don't even trade. Most of the wealthiest Bitcoiners are holders.

Is holding a good idea? If you did not sell and the market is down by 70%, like it is now, think about what you can gain and lose and what are your chances.
After a 70% fall and 8 months of bear market the chances of a bounce back are much greater, and even if it were to go down, how much would it be? Another 5%? While going up 10% would still mean that it's trading with 60% discount. I like the odds.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
arafat222

Activity: 157

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:42:49 PM

I think hold is better option because when all market price down then you hold this long time it is good option for investor then market up you sell your all coin
TTshingeki

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:52:52 PM

If you have coin with low price, you should hold when it high because cryptocurrency is future.
kopamo

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:23:43 PM

In my opinion now this is hold time because all cryptocurrency now down so if you buy coin and hold it longtime you make huge profit
dn3

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 05:02:19 PM

To hodl for sure yes, but you need to select the best crypto for this, because many altcoins just fell down and remain down even if the market is green.
Sandus_Cryptolover

Activity: 482
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 08:40:07 AM

HODL, over time I've come to learn always lead to one's disadvantage. In the sake of HODL, now I have series of bags been carried around. HODL o believe is mostly encouraged by whales, while they dump on you and if not careful, would be forced to sell off at relatively very low price and the same set of whales still buy back from you again. Terrible sitaigion I must say. Best to to sell off as soon as you make some profits.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
FeverMore23

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 02:05:57 PM

There are a lot of strategy that you can use in crypto. If you think that you are still a beginner then I would suggest you to use the strategy of hodling a coin instead of trading because is trading is only good for those people who already have the best experience in crypto. Hodling is the best for anyone especially for those who are beginner because the only thing you need to do is to hodl until you get some profit.
Tornadocrazy

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:54:04 PM

I think that it was necessary to sell bitcoin for 15000-17000$, and now you need to buy! If you already have, then only HODL.

This is the only sensible decision to make under the current market. I can't agree more. HODL. Period.
ci1990

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:43:31 AM

It depends on what you HODL. If you choose the so-called "shitcoins" then it's quite risky to HODL. Yes it may pump some day but it may also go to absolute zero Smiley

I'd suggest to research some coins, read their whitepaper, check out their community support, their roadmap, their targets and the team. After you do your research you will feel much safer and decide which coins to HODL.

Sabertoothboth

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:41:49 AM

The question is 'What coin do you have?'
If it's Bitcoin, then HODL. Period.
Should you have other coins, I'd recommend checking how their related projects are doing and then make a decision.
Happy HODLing! Cool
Korkorjkk

Activity: 546
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 06:42:38 AM

Holding of coins definitely affects the price of the coins. People hold because the more there are holders, the more the coin price goes high. So holding is beneficial to all of us.

sumit.mathur101

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:11:34 AM

At this point of time, considering the market, I will definitely HODL for atleast next year.
r15lover1994

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:14:13 AM

HODL or sell depends on the coin which you are talking about. I dont see any point in holding alts which don't have any utility.
Troubleshoot

Activity: 20

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:39:24 AM

The question isn't to HODL or not; the question is what to HODL, and what not. If we are talking about BTC or ETH, the answer is obvious: yes, HODL and as looooong as it takes to win. Speaking of alts, I don't know... It's a matter of taste. I, for one wouldn't hodl'em under the market like this.
www.crypago.com

Activity: 51

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:50:15 AM

We see a lot of people holding on the the coins they invest in, either they are afraid to loose out on future gains, or waiting for a rainy day when they can cash out, does this not effect the market with so many coins not being traded, causing the fluctuated trade movements, with people mass selling when the market starts to fluctuate?
i can't give advice but as an experienced trader, my plan is to hold them for the next bull run which looks like we are on the cusp of if you look at the macro view. If I had more to invest, I'd effeminately go in heavy now with the plan to wait until a good price point and just expect a month or so. That's my current plan. I'm happy with it and plan to see that decent turnover soon.
Sabertoothboth

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:24:28 AM

The question isn't to HODL or not; the question is what to HODL, and what not. If we are talking about BTC or ETH, the answer is obvious: yes, HODL and as looooong as it takes to win. Speaking of alts, I don't know... It's a matter of taste. I, for one wouldn't hodl'em under the market like this.

I totally agree. The only option under the circumstances is hodling and only either Bitcoin or Ethereum.
konomi

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:01:02 PM

I think that for HODL or not, depending on your understanding of the cryptocurrency, if you only rely on the recommendation of a friend to buy a coin, then HODL is meaningless to you!

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
Zodiaclo

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:50:23 PM

I think that for HODL or not, depending on your understanding of the cryptocurrency, if you only rely on the recommendation of a friend to buy a coin, then HODL is meaningless to you!

Probably, konomi is right: if you ask a question like that, it might mean you should probably sell...
Think about it...
Alforendo

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 06:24:24 PM

Nowadays there is only one way- hodl because of situation on the market only this will save you.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: