Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:43:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICOs are Currently Dead…in the US  (Read 81 times)
sureshotcoin (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:37:56 AM

Over the last year, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) froze the ICO market by (i) indicating that all ICOs are securities offerings, (ii) issuing subpoenas to a wide range of leading industry participants, and (iii) criminally pursuing “bad” actors. Given the harsh penalties at stake, most reputable projects are scared to move forward.

So now, the market lays in wait for greater regulatory certainty. One of my favorite quotes from the conference was “the SEC said don’t speed, but didn’t give us a speed limit”, which I think sums up the situation perfectly.

So the ICO market is essentially on hold until the security token exchanges (like Templum, tZero, and Polymath) are up and running. Though many at the conference were skeptical about when these exchanges will be up and running, I believe we’ll start to see Security Token Offerings (STOs) heat up in 2019. Many projects are already heavily invested in launching STOs and are well along in the process, which gives them a strong incentive to push things forward.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 08:56:59 AM

ICOs aren't dead anywhere but they are dying and the reason isn't because SEC and the equivalent in other countries said something about them or the government banned them, all these decisions may have played a role in the death of ICOs but the main reason is because ICOs have been terrible on their own. and also all the scams that happened made everything that much worse. so people are not stopping to trust them because finally they have opened their eyes.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: