Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:17:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asking about how high are payments depending on ranks?  (Read 301 times)
@oweljayr (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:53:39 PM

I just saw a Junior member like me asking how much are the take home pay for each members depending on the ranks.  Many have answered that are just the same as each other.  Depending on the ranks.  The questions really are, why is it so hard now to rise up lower ranks from Junior and what are the basis to get that promotion for higher ranks?  I just hope we could get some information so we could do and apply what is needed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10727

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 04:12:27 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (5)

<…>The questions really are, why is it so hard now to rise up lower ranks from Junior and what are the basis to get that promotion for higher ranks?  I just hope we could get some information so we could do and apply what is needed.
This topic should be moved to Beginners & Help, so it would be wise for the OP to do so.

So far, 2.274 forum users have ranked up to Member with the need of Merit (see Merit Dashboard, specifically on the “Ranked-Up” tab). Not a tremendous figure, but certainly achievable by the looks of it. Honestly, earning 10 sMerits from scratch is not that difficult. I didn’t say easy either.

I think that the first Merit or two are the most difficult ones to get. It took me almost two months to get my first Merit, and at the time I thought it was rather a difficult quest. Of course, back when I started posting I really didn’t have much of a clue about the forum itself, and not enough knowledge on most topics discussed here. I probably still don’t.

In order to be awarded sMerit, you need to first understand what kind of posts gets merited. Forget looking through the obvious cases of merit abuse, and the exceptional cases of outlier posters, but concentrate on the core cases. Understand why they get merited, by reading their posts. You’ll likely find them contribute and often thoughtful, with a tendency to be more than one-liners.
A good place to start is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats.

Really, you needed to: Invest time, think things through content-wise, be argumentative, be rather well versed with words in the language you post ,be non-repetitive with your posts vs other posts on the forum, and so on. It’s also better to avoid mega-threads (when I read posts, I normally visually filter directly to the smaller threads, with a few exceptions, in order to avoid all the spam).

One key question is deciding if you’re here for bounties, contributing to the forum, or both. I find that bounties are the worst enemy of merits, so if you’re here just for the bounties, Merit will always be a distant echo. This assertion is aligned with what I said above, since if that is your sole purpose here you will never focus on the post content, but rather on activity and post counts per week.
I’ve seen quite a few hybrid cases, where people that do bounty hunting and also manage to contribute to the forum itself. This is not a norm I find, but rather an exceptional pattern (being contribution interpreted as what I exposed above).
The vast majority of merited people around are not bounty hunters (but may be signature bearers), and are miles away in posting stile to those just bounty hunting.

Related to this, one’s post history is very important when it comes to being merited. A decent post may go unmerited because of a history of wall quoted bounty reports. The opposite may happen too: one may be merited for an average post, but where a decent non-spamming history help towards the overall appreciation on the post.

If you think moving from Jr. to Member is difficult, take a look on the Merit Dashboard just how difficult it get from there on.
Historically, 68,59% of merit awarding consists on 1 single sMerit. That is 10% what a Jr. requires to rank-up, but 0,2% of what Hero requires to get to Legendary. Most posts get merited by a single user (81,32%), so ranking-up after Hero is quite a chimera.
Let’s take into consideration that the overall amount of sMerit per week is not too great either (in the 4k weekly area, and even below lately – I hope it’s a summertime effect). This all adds up to the fact that, in order to rank-up nowadays (for the higher ranks), you need to stand-out and/or be very persistent in doing great work.

Being a Jr. Member, the question is really down to whether you’re really willing to invest the time and effort it takes, or are just happy bounty hunting at Jr level (I don’t mean you specifically, but rather anyone on this rank).

I could add quite a bit more, but there are plenty of other personal experiences and guides here on the forum. The “search function” is also one of those features we need to master...
cryptoking252

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:18:31 PM

You will need to give good post like a professional and the post and review should be creative. There are now huge competitions and so to get higher rank is really a challenging one.
cryptoshops9944

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 04:28:36 PM

Professionalism is important here and the quality of the post matters too. The competition is tough and fierce we need to up our game a bit.\
cryptolovers990

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:55:04 PM

Given how tough and competitive the market is, it will be a challenge to up our game a bit here and to be at the top ranking.
cryptoking963

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:20:43 PM

If you’re looking for merits then post something that’s actually helpful. Your discussions should contain relevant information and it shouldn’t be too long. If you’re providing answers to question then make sure your answer is right, also provide citation I you’ve collected them from elsewhere. If you post anything about ads or promotion then you’ll be losing you chance of getting merits.
Crystal24

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:28:12 PM

I have been hearing for ages, how its necessary one makes constructive posts and all that to be able to get merit.
I'm afraid to say that , that it is not all about constructive  posts ....there is something else, we are not being told.
HDContent751

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:50:25 AM

Hope this forum give some help option to know about this if not hope someone who are top ranked will help by giving information about that.
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:17:52 AM

I have been hearing for ages, how its necessary one makes constructive posts and all that to be able to get merit.
I'm afraid to say that , that it is not all about constructive  posts ....there is something else, we are not being told.
There are no secret, you can look at the OP to see how he gets merit.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:30:59 PM

I think the answer you are looking for can be found in the Overview of Bitcointalk Signature-Ad Campaigns. In here you will get the idea on how much people are earning based on their ranks but if you will notice it will still be different with each other as not all signature campaigns are built the same. You will also notice that not all ranks have signature campaigns, members ranked Jr. Members and below currently have no BTC paid signature campaigns in the forum as for the main reasons of the have less design compared to other members, and newbie ranks cannot wear a signature with a link on them (they are just basically wearing a text on their sig code). Also this lower ranks are not worth the pay as they are known spammers and low quality posters.
Cinamon

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:50:38 PM

If we look at the number of reward tokens maybe we will see the difference in each rank, but the tokens that we get are not necessarily we can sell, we still have to wait for the token to have value, if the token is not valuable, then between Junior and Senior ratings just the same, all of them don't get a profit.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 04:38:06 PM

I just saw a Junior member like me asking how much are the take home pay for each members depending on the ranks.  Many have answered that are just the same as each other.  Depending on the ranks.  The questions really are, why is it so hard now to rise up lower ranks from Junior and what are the basis to get that promotion for higher ranks?  I just hope we could get some information so we could do and apply what is needed.
Are you serious about "take home pay" ? Do not join this forum for just doing some FB and TWT bounties. Find a real job and education if you are in age of school or college.  It become hard to rank up because people abused the system of default activity ranking. They are farming accounts, farming bounties and posting spam.  Merit system stopped the default ranking for them now.

I am alive
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:06:07 PM

Aside from those who are fond of cheating the system and being caught every time which result in them being given negative rating for cheating, there nothing else that you are not being told other than put in some constructive posts. @DdmrDdmr is of a member rank and he has over 700 merits which is already enough to get him an hero member position if he decides not to earn any merit again. It might sound unbelievable but looking at the content he dished out, its not surprising that he is able to garner such amount of merits within a short period of time.

The point is give it your best and if you feel you are not getting the recognition, submit your posts in threads opened for merit purpose and you will be noticed. The most important is add value and you are sure someone will notice.
@oweljayr (OP)

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 04:18:20 AM

Are you serious about "take home pay" ? Do not join this forum for just doing some FB and TWT bounties. Find a real job and education if you are in age of school or college.  It become hard to rank up because people abused the system of default activity ranking. They are farming accounts, farming bounties and posting spam.  Merit system stopped the default ranking for them now.

I am a Hypermarket Section Manager in the Middle East and having a business as well in my country the Philippines but still living simple and low profile though and so I just say I am not so serious if I get increase in rank or not, if I do, I'd be thankful for that and if not, thankful too and just go on doing my best in the forum.  This is just asking why it is so hard now to rise up a rank and if the answer is what you have said, then maybe the abusive members deserved not to get it. I appreciate your answer for that question sir.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3192

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:14:39 AM

If you are here only to earn money from your signature, then you will probably never rise above Jr. Member, so it is not going to matter how much the other ranks earn.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Determan

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:10:42 PM

As I see the higher rank you have the higher will be your payment for the signature campaign.
aminurrahaman

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:11:40 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 10:23:24 PM by aminurrahaman

I just saw a Junior member like me asking how much are the take home pay for each members depending on the ranks.

Yes every bounty program has different payout for each rank holder, the more rank you hold more you get paid.

The questions really are, why is it so hard now to rise up lower ranks from Junior and what are the basis to get that promotion for higher ranks?  I just hope we could get some information so we could do and apply what is needed.

Yes its very hard to earn 1st merit and also its quite hard for rank-up from Jr. Member rank, cause this forum is totally about discussion and sharing where everyone sharing their knowledge and discuss about various topics to grow each other. So as a forum member our 1st motive should be learn as much as we can to take our knowledge into a certain level, after that we have to share our knowledge into this forum by creating new topics or replying in others post and discuss with other.
But thing is that every one except few are not willing to invest their time to grow their knowledge and contribute something good.

Also thanks to @DdmrDdmr to share his awesome knowledge about this topic, It was help me a lot.

This topic should be moved to Beginners & Help, so it would be wise for the OP to do so.

So far, 2.274 forum users have ranked up to Member with the need of Merit (see Merit Dashboard, specifically on the “Ranked-Up” tab). Not a tremendous figure, but certainly achievable by the looks of it. Honestly, earning 10 sMerits from scratch is not that difficult. I didn’t say easy either.

I think that the first Merit or two are the most difficult ones to get. It took me almost two months to get my first Merit, and at the time I thought it was rather a difficult quest. Of course, back when I started posting I really didn’t have much of a clue about the forum itself, and not enough knowledge on most topics discussed here. I probably still don’t.

In order to be awarded sMerit, you need to first understand what kind of posts gets merited. Forget looking through the obvious cases of merit abuse, and the exceptional cases of outlier posters, but concentrate on the core cases. Understand why they get merited, by reading their posts. You’ll likely find them contribute and often thoughtful, with a tendency to be more than one-liners.
A good place to start is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats.

Really, you needed to: Invest time, think things through content-wise, be argumentative, be rather well versed with words in the language you post ,be non-repetitive with your posts vs other posts on the forum, and so on. It’s also better to avoid mega-threads (when I read posts, I normally visually filter directly to the smaller threads, with a few exceptions, in order to avoid all the spam).

One key question is deciding if you’re here for bounties, contributing to the forum, or both. I find that bounties are the worst enemy of merits, so if you’re here just for the bounties, Merit will always be a distant echo. This assertion is aligned with what I said above, since if that is your sole purpose here you will never focus on the post content, but rather on activity and post counts per week.
I’ve seen quite a few hybrid cases, where people that do bounty hunting and also manage to contribute to the forum itself. This is not a norm I find, but rather an exceptional pattern (being contribution interpreted as what I exposed above).
The vast majority of merited people around are not bounty hunters (but may be signature bearers), and are miles away in posting stile to those just bounty hunting.

Related to this, one’s post history is very important when it comes to being merited. A decent post may go unmerited because of a history of wall quoted bounty reports. The opposite may happen too: one may be merited for an average post, but where a decent non-spamming history help towards the overall appreciation on the post.

If you think moving from Jr. to Member is difficult, take a look on the Merit Dashboard just how difficult it get from there on.
Historically, 68,59% of merit awarding consists on 1 single sMerit. That is 10% what a Jr. requires to rank-up, but 0,2% of what Hero requires to get to Legendary. Most posts get merited by a single user (81,32%), so ranking-up after Hero is quite a chimera.
Let’s take into consideration that the overall amount of sMerit per week is not too great either (in the 4k weekly area, and even below lately – I hope it’s a summertime effect). This all adds up to the fact that, in order to rank-up nowadays (for the higher ranks), you need to stand-out and/or be very persistent in doing great work.

Being a Jr. Member, the question is really down to whether you’re really willing to invest the time and effort it takes, or are just happy bounty hunting at Jr level (I don’t mean you specifically, but rather anyone on this rank).

I could add quite a bit more, but there are plenty of other personal experiences and guides here on the forum. The “search function” is also one of those features we need to master...

**/Surely if I have merit then I will give some merit to @DdmrDdmr but as I don't have any merit that's why I am thanking him by this way../**

liemfrans

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:31:18 PM

Indeed it is difficult but if we serious it is not that difficult. I just got my 1 post merit yesterday, and I'm very grateful.
The key is to keep the spirit and keep making useful posts. Maybe you can read from this Merit
 Stats
to get an example of a good post that usually get merit.
aiannejacob

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 10:30:52 AM

I always often read that quality post is needed to get merit. In other words the post or reply on the topic is informative or easy to undestand to newbie like me. I think if the post had essential contribution on the forum and they will give the merit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: