Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:18:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: my conclusion about Tether  (Read 325 times)
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:49:07 PM

Several months ago a low firm was investigating Tether if it is backed with proper amount of $ and they did not find any problems.
It  was not a full audit, but still it is important information.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
VVginial

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:52:34 PM

when the market bearish, and all the altcoins fall, even the crypto king also falls, there is a coin that catches my attention, that coin is Tether. the value cannot be affected by the correction.

Tether is an altcoin that has a lot of mysteries, when it was first released to the market, tether coin used for alternative reserves that replaced USD in trading activities in several exchanges.

the Tether inc company claims that Tether is backed up by USD, and every Tether has the same value of USD
1: 1. but something makes me doubt is that there is no official agreement between Tether and USD. the meaning has no legality value between Tether and USD.

today I have seen Tether on the market, and its value is stable, and has the same value with USD.

finally, I believe that Tether is USD and USD is Tether.
Do not worry about that. 1 USDT = 1 USD and will always be. If you want to print more USDT then they must have USD equivalent to the escrow. And checked by law enforcement to avoid fraud. Market up or down as usdt never changes. It is definitely usd in crypto
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:45:07 PM

when the market bearish, and all the altcoins fall, even the crypto king also falls, there is a coin that catches my attention, that coin is Tether. the value cannot be affected by the correction.

Tether is an altcoin that has a lot of mysteries, when it was first released to the market, tether coin used for alternative reserves that replaced USD in trading activities in several exchanges.

the Tether inc company claims that Tether is backed up by USD, and every Tether has the same value of USD
1: 1. but something makes me doubt is that there is no official agreement between Tether and USD. the meaning has no legality value between Tether and USD.

today I have seen Tether on the market, and its value is stable, and has the same value with USD.

Do not worry about that. 1 USDT = 1 USD and will always be. If you want to print more USDT then they must have USD equivalent to the escrow. And checked by law enforcement to avoid fraud. Market up or down as usdt never changes. It is definitely usd in crypto

lol =)) please look on the charts. The ratio was not ~ equal many times and their audits are not completely done

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
kojoannan

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:50:11 PM

Tether is there for traders to use it to their advantage as the market is bearish like this. Tether won't deviate too much from the original price if even bitcoins and other altcoins are heading to zero.

wxa7115

Activity: 2744
Merit: 708

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:21:48 PM

I also saw that Tether was a stable coin in this week. So that's why I thought about investing in this one coin. To be honest, I don't know about the Tether company claiming that Tether is supported by USD, and every Tether has the same USD value. But if this news is true, this will be good news for the Tether holders.
Tether has been this way from the beginning, unless you are holding most of your savings in a foreign currency I do not see the point of holding tether, tether is great if you want to keep the value of your investment for some time before investing in a cryptocurrency, it is also great as a way to get out of the market and wait until things calm down, in fact you could get profits in a bear market by holding tether.

But it is still very dangerous since tether is controlled by a single party and decides how much tether is printed, that goes against the decentralized emission of the currency, so tether is incredibly similar to fiat currency and I did not entered in this market to invest in the closest thing to a fiat currency that this market has.
Kjara

Activity: 322
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:17:44 PM

Tether continues minting new coins each time market goes down.
Here another wave of new coins appeared on exchanges:
Tether (USDT) Gets Closer to Emptying Treasury with 100M Token Intervention
https://cryptovest.com/news/tether-usdt-gets-closer-to-emptying-treasury-with-100m-token-intervention/
stellaekun

Activity: 234
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:22:18 PM

Tether is a stable coin, it value remains constant, much like the usd in the crypto-currency. The controversy surrounding tether has been a lot of concerns for a lot of persons but the creators recently showed they have enough cash to back it
stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:25:54 PM

Tether is there for traders to use it to their advantage as the market is bearish like this. Tether won't deviate too much from the original price if even bitcoins and other altcoins are heading to zero.
some traders use tether as an edge against falling market prices. the downside is that you will also miss out when prices start rising ,it is a stable coin
ivanleon

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:41:14 PM

Tether, though not officially tied to the dollar, but still its price is kept at a constant level. Of course, I would not take risks and keep my assets in this coin for a long time, but there was no excuse to trust it yet.
Colibra

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:19:15 AM

Tether is not the US Dollar!

The people behind Tether have never proved to an Legal Accounting Firm that they actually have enough US$ to match their tether.

Hell the assholes, just released another 50 million tether last week, and the fools believe them with no 3rd party verification that is accountable.

They are running a fractional reserve made possible by idiots that actually believe they are pegged to the US Dollar.
FYI: Their is no actual peg, just a bunch of morons buying the fractional reserve lies.

Worse part, when their shenanigans is finally made public and their asses are hauled off to jail, it is going to rock the bitcoin world like nothing you have ever seen.

Enjoy the tether kool aid while it lasts, because it is a bitcoin killer in the end.  Tongue

Completely agreed! According to your opinion and what you know off - is there a stable coin out there - Trust Token? or other?
Colibra

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 11:54:40 AM

Tether, though not officially tied to the dollar, but still its price is kept at a constant level. Of course, I would not take risks and keep my assets in this coin for a long time, but there was no excuse to trust it yet.

Agree with you and the only reason I find is the lack of transparency in the finance aspects, the USD reports are not very visible and this could be an excuse for mistrust.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: