Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:21:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you need merits for?  (Read 1161 times)
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:25:10 PM

I, and others, want merit for rank up. Bitcointalk is like a small social, or online game, the higher rank you are, the happier you have, it is the self-satisfaction when you're proud of yourself. High rank is like high level game character, you will be admired and respected.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 2165

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 12:31:01 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2018, 12:47:32 PM by Coolcryptovator

~~
Honestly I want to say, whoever much encourage only for earn merit absolutely he want to earn money by joining signeture campaign. I mean people need merit for rank up.  Because signature campaign depend on rank. You can check this thread how many people here without paid signature include me. I give my honest opinion about it. Some reputed member's never joned signature campaigns but they don't care about merit. They did their best & automatically earn merit. Of course merit is a sign of reputation. Some time merit describe how reputed member is. Because there is no way earn merit for spammer, unless merit abuse.

In my case, i reallt want to rank up and enjoy some privileges of it.  Especially having an avatar!  

Think of having a profile with a meme as an avatar!  Meme is life you know.  I really want to have a meme as my avatar hence I need to rank up, and ranking up needs merit.

I am not agree with you. Absolutely also you want upgrade rank for signeture. Because already you have joined signeture campaigns. It's my honest opinion about you. If you didn't joined signeture than may be I can believe your comment.

Actually I can say, somehow 95% user stay here for earning. It's not wrong, every one have right to earn. But I don't know why nobody want to accept it. True is always true. I am not excluding myself, even me I had ware signeture.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213

Dont be a ShitcoInfluencer for quick bux, it sucks

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 12:43:11 PM

In my case, i reallt want to rank up and enjoy some privileges of it.  Especially having an avatar! 

Think of having a profile with a meme as an avatar!  Meme is life you know.  I really want to have a meme as my avatar hence I need to rank up, and ranking up needs merit.
Privilege it is. Make sure you use your privilege properly and not abuse it over time.

Of course you can disguise the "meme" as a mode of saying something new to forum. Then again most people in the forum don an avatar because of the signature campaign. Lets hope you are not among the "most" people of the forum.

I, and others, want merit for rank up. Bitcointalk is like a small social, or online game, the higher rank you are, the happier you have, it is the self-satisfaction when you're proud of yourself. High rank is like high level game character, you will be admired and respected.
"Small social game" - where did you get that from? Or is it another of the common made up words that you bounty spammers use in your day-to day lingo? Consider bitcointalk to a game, not a bad comparison. But in games its not the people around you who rank you up but you rank up yourself. So it was a game at one time but no longer.  Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:45:16 PM

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the promise of pretty much free money. Nah, its fair enough that people want to be higher ranked for a status thing, but these people aren't usually the users that spam, and are willing to put an effort in the get to the higher ranks.

Honestly, though. I couldn't care less about your motives for wanting merit. As long as its not abusing the system. I don't really care if people are signing up to the forum for the sole purpose of making money, as long as they are a constructive member of the forum, and aren't spamming their way through the ranks.
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:12:59 PM

As far as I can see, system of merits here is some sort of reputation. It serves to distinguish experts in cryptography from inexperienced users, that is quite useful inside the forum, since we know how much we can trust a certain user. And of course, merits can serve as a moral encouragement for the help given to others.

And, consequently, they mean nothing if we got them in a different (undeserved) way. In addition, outside this website, these merits don't mean anything and can not be used at all. So, why do so many users try to get them from the very beginning of their registration, as if this is their main goal on the forum? It seemed to me that merits should be just a tool, not an ultimate purpose.

Numerous daily posts like "How to get merits", thousands of similar responses to posts only worsen the state of the community and do not do any good, but kill communication, don't they? Or, maybe, I've missed something?
Your points are quit special and very useful but the truth is that even you needs this high rank account. The high ranks account have upper hands here in the forum the moderators attends to them first before any other low rank. They are highly paid in signature campaigns many advantages attached to high rank account but we should not be do much desperate to go high rather we should work hard for it.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

Your points are quit special and very useful but the truth is that even you needs this high rank account. The high ranks account have upper hands here in the forum the moderators attends to them first before any other low rank. They are highly paid in signature campaigns many advantages attached to high rank account but we should not be do much desperate to go high rather we should work hard for it.
I'm sorry, but what your saying from a moderation point of view is completely false. Moderators are presented with a queue that as no priority, or formatting to allow us to identify higher ranked accounts easier. The higher your account is has little bearing on how we handle your reports or you as a user if your breaking guidelines.

Plus, not everyone is interested in making money. So, your point about signature campaigns are moot. It's nice to earn from posting you would of done anyway, but a lot of the quality users here were here before signature campaigns were even mainstream.
MainIbem

Activity: 1302
Merit: 379

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:36:10 PM

Numerous daily posts like "How to get merits", thousands of similar responses to posts only worsen the state of the community and do not do any good, but kill communication, don't they? Or, maybe, I've missed something?
Your observation is correct. It is worrisome how some members are desperate about merits, going at length even to break rules because of merits.

I want to believe that this is your concern, not that you do not know or understand what merit is all about. I share similar worry too.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Gembul0705

Activity: 168
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 11:50:03 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (5), malikusama (4), hilariousandco (1)

For me I need merits to :
1. Increase my rank.
2. To see how well the post or thread I made because if I get merits it means my post might be a little useful if not i will try how to made it better.
3. For my happiness,when first time i got merits i very excited so i will try to get more some merits again..
BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2030
Merit: 590

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:33:49 AM

It's not exactly that. You don't need merits for anything (except leveling up), they are simply evidence of appreciation. If you produce works (posts, threads, content) that people appreciate, then you will be merited. Merit isn't something you strive to achieve, it's something that's given for your contributions, if it appears you are trying to contribute just to gain merit, then it's likely this will be recognized and you won't be merited.

Just work on producing high-quality content that helps the community grow, and you'll be rewarded when due.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213

Dont be a ShitcoInfluencer for quick bux, it sucks

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 07:45:58 AM

Your points are quit special and very useful but the truth is that even you needs this high rank account. The high ranks account have upper hands here in the forum the moderators attends to them first before any other low rank.
Not really. A properly done report will be checked by moderators faster than a poorly written one. Taking time to write why you think a post is against rules would actually make the mods life easier. Dont make up such wrong assumptions of higher ranked users getting better treatment here. Then you are actually suffering from Inferiority Complex.

They are highly paid in signature campaigns many advantages attached to high rank account but we should not be do much desperate to go high rather we should work hard for it.
Highly paid? Maybe. The idea of high and low is relative and everyone has their opinion on this.
Advantages? Nothing that I can think of.

And if you are coming to this forum to get paid as the only thing then you need to find yourself a job, fast This forum is not your "workplace". Wink

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 07:47:01 AM

>..<

I gave you 5 merits as a result of looking through your post history, and for your record of concise and meaningful posts. I think you are doing well, even though English is not your first language.

I think this is part of my "archive merits" initiative, but I've forgotten what the letters mean in my alphabet merits project. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:26:58 AM

As far as I can see, system of merits here is some sort of reputation.
Indeed besides it is one of the variable that you need to rank up as well, this is for personal perspective by the way.

distinguish experts in cryptography from inexperienced users
Wrong. You do not have to be experts in cryptography.

since we know how much we can trust a certain user.

Merit and trusts are different. To get merit you will not need to be a highly trusted member. Look at my trust. 2 negatives but still I receive merit.

merits can serve as a moral encouragement for the help given to others.
I can not speak for others but when I send merit I keep my mind empty. If I spot a good post then I merit it when I have sMerit available.

these merits don't mean anything and can not be used at all.

It's a feature of this forum not a cryptocurrency or anything else that will have a value outside LOL

So, why do so many users try to get them from the very beginning of their registration, as if this is their main goal on the forum? It seemed to me that merits should be just a tool, not an ultimate purpose.
You already have the answer now.

You missed that you and the other guys who are talking about "How to get merits" and stuffs are no different at all.  Tongue

Just read it here...

....I encourage people to give merit to posts that are objectively high-quality, not just posts that you agree with.

I need merits so that I can have sex with my alts, also I can use them to bribe theymos. How can you not know that? Angry
You gonna end up having HIV positive soon  Grin

... as long as they are a constructive member of the forum, and aren't spamming their way through the ranks.
Absolutely!

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
@oweljayr

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:35:01 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2018, 11:44:37 AM by @oweljayr

As far as I can see, system of merits here is some sort of reputation. It serves to distinguish experts in cryptography from inexperienced users, that is quite useful inside the forum, since we know how much we can trust a certain user. And of course, merits can serve as a moral encouragement for the help given to others.

And, consequently, they mean nothing if we got them in a different (undeserved) way. In addition, outside this website, these merits don't mean anything and can not be used at all. So, why do so many users try to get them from the very beginning of their registration, as if this is their main goal on the forum? It seemed to me that merits should be just a tool, not an ultimate purpose.

For me, I don't really care if someone or somebody give or will not give merit nor if I will ever get merited.  I don't think that is too easy to get and don't even know how to get it.  So, might as well just forget about it and continue as I am right now.  With my rank right now as Junior, I could still earn from bounties, from social media campaign and airdrops.  It is really like airdrops when it comes to income as a Junior, but what to do?  I'll just wait till I get that if somebody would give, rather than thinking of it over and over.
Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:01:50 PM

As I noticed people do not ask already how to get merits. Those ones who can't improve their English and the quality of posts simply moved to trading of merit. And if you doubt what for the most of users need it I will tell you - the first of all to rank up, ranked members are more respected and they earn more money on the forum by participation in different kind of campaigns or by selling different kinds of goods and services on the forum.
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:28:35 PM

You can only earn merits on christmas only. Advance Merit Christmas to all of us.
Merits are required to rank up and every rank has different merit counts needed from member to legendary rank the same as activity points.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 06:50:06 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 07:11:32 PM by cabalism13

You can only earn merits on christmas only. Advance Merit Christmas to all of us.
Merits are required to rank up and every rank has different merit counts needed from member to legendary rank the same as activity points.

In the FILIPINO CULTURE, every Christmas Season there is the word "PATAWAD" which means "sorry" but int times such as this  a deeper meaning has to be said and it is " better luck next time. " Smiley

(If you're curious about it, they usually say that everytime there are kids singing christmas melodies in night times, just to avoid giving gifts to them)

And that also implies to you mate Smiley Even if it's Christmas they don't seem like being used as a gift though.

Advance Merry Christmas To You! Cheesy
(You're way too advance Mate, it's only August Wink )
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:58:17 PM

LOL are you going gift as Christmas gift with your merits.

I believe it has been explained many times in the various thread on this forum. If you believe there is any need of update or uncleared doubts then you can go head create a topic for it. Op must need to use the search bar here.
Parodium

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332

DMs have been disabled. I am busy.

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:28:02 PM

As I noticed people do not ask already how to get merits. Those ones who can't improve their English and the quality of posts simply moved to trading of merit. And if you doubt what for the most of users need it I will tell you - the first of all to rank up, ranked members are more respected and they earn more money on the forum by participation in different kind of campaigns or by selling different kinds of goods and services on the forum.

The people that are desperate for merit are the ones that don't browse any other section on the forum other than the altcoin bounties section. You might as well be preaching to the choir, as I doubt any of these cretins even know the meta section exists. Maybe there should be a forced notification sent to all Jr. and Newbie members forcing them to read a FAQ
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:32:48 PM

It serves to distinguish experts in cryptography from inexperienced users
Nope, it  is not, merits cannot be considered as a measurement for knowing who is smart or not because old members who have higher ranks namely Sr. Members, Hero Members, and Legendary members have all each have 250, 500, 1000 merits respectively but it doesn't make them any smarter than lower ranked members out there. Some high ranked members are just lucky they have a old account enough to go to that ranks with just the measurement of their activity. To test out what I am saying observe some Legendary members you will see some of them still do nonsense post up to this time.
Gembul0705

Activity: 168
Merit: 24

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 01:17:25 AM

>..<

I gave you 5 merits as a result of looking through your post history, and for your record of concise and meaningful posts. I think you are doing well, even though English is not your first language.

I think this is part of my "archive merits" initiative, but I've forgotten what the letters mean in my alphabet merits project. Smiley

Wow thanks Sir for your merits,I didn't expected that would get a lots of merits. Thanks for your apreciate and I will learn more to make useful post/thread and sure will learn my english too.. Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: