Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:43:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I stop trading in this bear market?  (Read 4454 times)
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:08:33 AM

Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?
Try to look at other coins because some small coins can give you an profits, now if you only see big coins like ethereum, bitcoin, cardano and eos, then chances are you can't make a profit because the coin has a large volume so that the funds of a trader will not change the value.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 01:21:32 AM

continuing to monitor price movements over time is likely to be far better than being carried away by the emotion of wanting to pursue profits, our trading strategy must be mastered before buying and selling, not relying on just one coin that we have to play starting broadly brave to expand all sectors, especially buying new coins that have the potential to rise, we must be observant, don't give up easily, always think ahead ....

In this bear market, many people give up and I would assume many would learn their lesson to always have a trading or investing strategy for that matter because if you have those before even buying a coin then you will not be frustrated seeing the price go down by the minute. It hurts to see that you are losing the value of your coin that's why you should know when to cut loss and then buy back when the market is somewhat stable. It takes a brave heart to trade especially in cryptocurrency when the prices are so volatile.

Try to look at other coins because some small coins can give you an profits, now if you only see big coins like ethereum, bitcoin, cardano and eos, then chances are you can't make a profit because the coin has a large volume so that the funds of a trader will not change the value.

Well, OP has the option as well to just focus on one coin but then he should have a trading strategy in the first place. If he would focus on one coin then he should study the previous movements of the coin. It may be going down but there are times when it would bounce so he can take advantage of the small profits because it would be accumulated eventually.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
dendenseptember

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 04:51:06 AM

For me, I think don't stop, just go for the flow. I am a trader also, but i wont stop, I earned everyday, all you have you to do is focus if the coins are moving go for it. If you are a trader, you know what is the good strategy of being a trader.
Kay28

Activity: 84

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 04:59:23 AM

Possibly not ...esp. on ether coz its very volatile and tanks harder than bitcoin.. Better do some scalping using bitcoin  pair..at least you can earn some ..few times in a day.. Make sure to choose an active moving coin..
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:21:37 AM

The problem is we dont know when this bearish trend will end,  more than 8 month crypto market on bearish, and with this long periode should be already any sign this down trend finish and change to bullish. Although in bearish market,  many altcoin was going up in big gainer like 1 to 3 times just a few days. So keep continue to trade with smaller balance is good idea to make some profit.
Thats true, we don't know how long this trend will happen? if it lasts up to 1 year, will you not trade up to 1 year lol, you know bearish doesn't mean prices will continue to down right, occasionally prices will rise a few percent even though small, but if you can use it, you can earn profit
hispout

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 07:53:15 PM

The problem is we dont know when this bearish trend will end,  more than 8 month crypto market on bearish, and with this long periode should be already any sign this down trend finish and change to bullish. Although in bearish market,  many altcoin was going up in big gainer like 1 to 3 times just a few days. So keep continue to trade with smaller balance is good idea to make some profit.
Thats true, we don't know how long this trend will happen? if it lasts up to 1 year, will you not trade up to 1 year lol, you know bearish doesn't mean prices will continue to down right, occasionally prices will rise a few percent even though small, but if you can use it, you can earn profit
I always say this and I will never stop saying it. As long as you know your level of knowledge of trading is not sound enough, you still tend to make certain decisions out of emotion rather than sticking with your strategy and you still make some unnecessary and uncalled for silly mistakes in the market, then, stay away from trading a bear market. It is as simple as that. You cannot eat your cake and have it, if you cannot learn how to trade effectively without emotions, you will get burned faster in a bear market.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:36:28 PM

Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?
You have basically answered your own question, you are having a lot of problems making money in this bear market, so from the point of view of making profits there is not a reason to keep trading for the moment, one of the most common advices that I see in books about trading is that if you lose too many times you need to take a rest from the markets and do something else.
farosa

Activity: 506

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:24:29 PM

Price doesn't always change upwards. If there is no idea what to do in this case, this is the answer. I mean, you should set up your trading tactics yourself, and you should learn to lose, so you know how to gain.
abruchifid

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:26:57 PM

It is much more challenging to make profits on day trading in a bearish market, it require a new skill set as one will have to take note if the fact that assets are generally losing value as time progresses
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:30:31 PM

A good trader would always make profits irrespective of the market conditions bears or bull except when the price is consolidating or ranging, with a working strategy you will always get a sell signal in a bearish market thus making profits consistently its like you need to go back and review your trading strategies.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:17:42 AM

If you're not getting profits, then stop. I'm pretty sure most people are at a loss if they bought when Bitcoin was over $6900+ last year. However, I'm trading alt coins as well as doing exchange arbitrage and racking in profits in terms of BTC and ETH, rather than USD. As long as I'm increasing my BTC holdings, I don't consider it a loss because I believe in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies in the long term.

You can always average buy your way in as well. That way you don't lose as much when there's a dip in the market.

what do you mean stop?

Sell those coins and turn away with cryptos?

Dude, as long as you don't sell anything you arent losing any coins yet

what I could suggest is that leave those purchased coins alone if you aren't confident to do day trading

Learn how to day trade and reading charts, don't buy on resistance and don't sell on support

blitz888

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 03:31:59 AM

There is still a way to make money in the bear market. Have a look at those bitmex guys killing it but it's not really for beginners. If you're all cash at the moment then you could pause instead of getting into any position.
meaamir

Activity: 58
Merit: 2

Join @blockfio for latest news

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2018, 04:21:23 AM

many traders earn from short trades but this needs much experience in crypto world. a trader who placed short order for btc at 20,000, earned more than all others . so i think this needs much experience and skills.

Telegram Group https://t.me/blockfio Latest Bounties List http://bit.ly/2Qsr2lA

Join Group for Latest Bounties, Listing, ICOs Alerts
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 04:55:19 AM

Yeah you're right you can try trading on other coins dude, when the bear trend happens doesn't mean all coins will experience the
same decrease, some coins actually go up, so if you are good at analyzing you can use it to produce profits when bearish..
leavolnhals

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:27:58 AM

I think we should not miss this opportunity. Because so many people are looking for the bear market and buy many altcoins at the bottom. I think that is the best way to make money in the day market. do not hesitate to invest in the prices of altcoins being drastically reduced.

Gadhoh

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 05:58:01 AM

for now the best and safest way to trade is to stop first and continue to buy coins that have great potential to be used as investments or to hold in the long term so that you can get a good profit....
no need to make a decision like that because it will be very detrimental to yourself, losing assets and some decisions that need to be taken when the price is very down is very important, monitoring prices and believing the price will recover.
henlity87

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 10:19:48 AM

If you're not getting profits, then stop. I'm pretty sure most people are at a loss if they bought when Bitcoin was over $6900+ last year. However, I'm trading alt coins as well as doing exchange arbitrage and racking in profits in terms of BTC and ETH, rather than USD. As long as I'm increasing my BTC holdings, I don't consider it a loss because I believe in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies in the long term.

You can always average buy your way in as well. That way you don't lose as much when there's a dip in the market.
No I think you should keep continue because nobody can predict the next moment. It is possible that the price jump like the previous one and those traders who are in front of their computers will make huge profit to buy more for low price and sell for higher price. It is good but the main thing is experience and skills about good and in time trading.
Jombrangs

Activity: 630
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:34:43 PM

It is your own decision though but for me as a trader also you must wait as this market is naturally drops and rises. Traders doesn't that stop because the coin or token drops its value. We are already here and some of us living by the help of this. For me trading is a big help specially on my family. If you have that money though then stop and if you don't have the you must continue. All things drops its value though you must used to it, lol.
feelingfroggy

Activity: 220
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:36:49 PM

You need to have the ability to short this market.  The issue now is prices are so low shorting has become very dangerous.  Coins will pump 30% on the slightest uptick in Bitcoin.  I really feel it's better to simply hold and stockpile quality right now.  The time for selling and shorting has passed. 

MyCryptoBank.io  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:41:08 PM

if you get a good opportunity do not give up trading. but it's a better idea to wait. it is not the right time to make purchases and to take risks.
if you have good investments just wait and see.
Wait for the bitcoin to reach a minimum of $ 7,500.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: