Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:14:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I stop trading in this bear market?  (Read 4454 times)
Hasbro27

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:24:40 PM

your situation is the same as I experienced, so I am currently deciding to reduce activity in the market, I prefer to hold bitcoin and ethereum than the altcoin, if the situation improves then I will return to the crypto market

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Chronos_angel

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:53:46 PM

Wait for a while because this will definitely return to stability, and I think you can buy coins that you already have to get some profit.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 07:13:34 PM

Wait for a while because this will definitely return to stability, and I think you can buy coins that you already have to get some profit.
You are right, it is really hard to do investing in this kind of situation, but it is always up to us if we are going to take the risk or we will watch the show or the market, we really have to be confident enough before we will take risk, it is okay to invest in bear market just make sure that you are sure about the kind of project or coins that you are investing at.

Claudyah

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:16:33 PM

Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?
It's ridiculous if you stop and give up in this bearish market, at least you have gotten a little in the market like this, so what makes you stop, trust the market and the price will not always go down, the increase will happen, what's wrong with staying patient time, profit is definitely obtained and you will be happy if you get it
Daniel9140

Merit: 1

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:24:39 PM

Trading in this bear market comes with massive risk because prices of coins are highly volatile and can begin a potential downtrend and this is not good for any trader in this market. The proces can plummet and you lose heavily. This is why we do not suggest trading in the bear market
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 09:40:45 AM

Trading is like an addiction, but this bear market seems will be very long. Bitcoin is going to under 6k USD, ETH is now 262 USD, Almost 80% coin fell down. I can't make profits at this moment in trading, Because after getting a little bit of profit, the market again goes under, then another coin eats my profit too. What should I do now?
in your case it remains only to wait. It is difficult to say, of course, how much time must pass, but I do not see any other way out.
We should not make a decision according to the long time it has taken to stay in bear market but we should take it normal. It will increase once again as was recovered in the last few years after downfalls worst than this year. Do not consider this in proceeding for buying but try to avoid these useless talks so that you may be able to get this better source of trading.
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:07:24 AM

its hard to trade in the bear market so what I do is just hold until an occasional pump comes, sell in that and buy them back in the next dump.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
richcorner100

Activity: 616

https://exip.live/

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 10:35:18 AM

I think yes and we should trade in others instruments that look bullish , when bearish mode we should be out from the market and looking for others instrument asset that on bullish, although that others asset promising lower profit but this is much better than we are loss much money in downtrend of crypto market.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:00:39 PM

I think bear market is the best time to trade altcoins because most of them are on low prices. Most of the coins on the cryptomarket is 50% down or more so why not take advantage of it buying and holding for a certain time ? Bear market is an opportunity for all trader and holder since prices are quite affordable to buy more than usual. Bullish market will follow in a while Smiley
readygoaw

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 03:25:01 PM

if you don't have trading skills and if you can't control the patience you have then you should not have to trade when a bear market is happening, but if you still have capital and you can use trading and have courage then you can trade and make the best use of price movements.

It is very difficult to trade when the market is down. The beginner should better pick holding. When he holds, he does not lose anything. The time break can be used for the self-education.
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:13:31 AM

if you don't have trading skills and if you can't control the patience you have then you should not have to trade when a bear market is happening, but if you still have capital and you can use trading and have courage then you can trade and make the best use of price movements.
That is the extraordinary thing you can do right now to maximize your future profits. Buy when the market is down and right now it is very down. Reduced cost of investment in other words. You can trade your coins when the market recovers and can sell it for handsome amount of money as well.

This situation is actually similar to the time when these coins were launched and had a very low value in the market. Those who invested that time were the ones who earned big hands.
Omega Weapon

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:11:18 PM

If you're not getting profits, then stop. I'm pretty sure most people are at a loss if they bought when Bitcoin was over $6900+ last year. However, I'm trading alt coins as well as doing exchange arbitrage and racking in profits in terms of BTC and ETH, rather than USD. As long as I'm increasing my BTC holdings, I don't consider it a loss because I believe in blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies in the long term.

You can always average buy your way in as well. That way you don't lose as much when there's a dip in the market.
No I think you should keep continue because nobody can predict the next moment. It is possible that the price jump like the previous one and those traders who are in front of their computers will make huge profit to buy more for low price and sell for higher price. It is good but the main thing is experience and skills about good and in time trading.
What you are saying goes against many manuals of trading, many people know about setting a stop loss in case the market goes against your prediction, but what many people do not know is that you also need to have a stop loss for a particular week or month, that way if you lose too much money in that week or month then you need to stop trading.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:32:54 PM

Sure it's hard if you're looking to make profit by capital gain in a bear market. Bear market is the time when you should accumulate cheap coins to sell it later. But you still can make profit by shorting the market in leveraged trading. That's what I've been doing since Q1 this year. Leveraged trading give you the opportunity to make profit wherever the market is going, as long as there's price movement, there's money to be made there.

Learn how to margin trade, go to Bitmex, and short it Cheesy
I agree with you, but must point out that you failed to highlight that leverage trading is a double edged sword and could cause far more wreckage than the bearish market already did if dabbled into.
I would suggest that buying of Tether USDT when markets have more of bears and selling same when the bulls awake from their slumber, is a less risky way to short the market, through either way sound trading knowledge is indispensable.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 09:59:24 PM

I think the Bear market is good for buying coins and trading with them. An expert trader always prefers winter for the trade. But If you are losing money in trading then you should stop trading and learn more how to proceed! Without lose, you can not gain in trade. So, I would suggest to do trade with a low amount of money, learn first.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Yamifoud

Activity: 2730
Merit: 517

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:25:20 PM

I think the Bear market is good for buying coins and trading with them. An expert trader always prefers winter for the trade. But If you are losing money in trading then you should stop trading and learn more how to proceed! Without lose, you can not gain in trade. So, I would suggest to do trade with a low amount of money, learn first.
Knowledge and experience are the best tool to succeed in trading. You can't acquire those things in just a day but you have for a months or years. Of course, we do buying at low cost and make trades when it goes high and gain profits. It is just simple but you need to analyze also the market cause of its volatility.
kulitmanggis

Activity: 233
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:33:09 PM

if you still have trading capital then I suggest you can do short-term trading or often referred to as "scalping" don't be too far looking for profits.
StairsGold(STG)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:40:37 AM

I think it's not a bad idea to trade at these times
Smiley
sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 04:48:07 AM

Vice versa, in my opinion it is easier to trade in such bear market. Am I wrong? How you gonna trade in a bull market? In a bull market you need to hold. But in general, if you do not know how to trade better don't do it. It's very risky.
sedahan13

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:16:59 AM

Not possible to make profit when the price down trend , so we should be quit as soon as possible from the market when we have prediction the market will turn in to bearish. And to make some profit we can trade in other trading platform that give profit from short the price , for example crypto trading CFDs and crypto trading futures.

│▌██████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ██████▐│
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│   TELEGRAM   │    TWITTER    │     REDDIT     │    MEDIUM    │
Wall_Streeet

Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 06:19:43 AM

at the moment, I do not see the point of trading, only if a small amount of bitcoin to practice skills, but not to earn
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: