Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:26:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] Creating a bitcoin bingo game [PHP+MySQL+HTML+CSS+JS]  (Read 2644 times)
0tweb (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:48:36 PM

Hi everyone,

for some time now I wanted to start a bitcoin-related project, but never hat a quite genius idea to go for. So I decided to just code a nice small project so start and see, if some other ideas rise in the process. What I noticed thou was on the one hand a lack of information at different stages of the development and on the other hand, that there obviously are some good ideas, but not the skill to make these things work by yourself.
So after only reading and trying different things for myself I thought it might be of interest for some people to actually see how to develop a simple project by yourself. So that some of you are able to at least create a simple sample-application, from which you can choose how to proceed.
I try not to address those professional web developers who have one or the other very special problem, but generally interested people who want to make their own project work.

So what I'm going to try is to show what steps I did in developing such a simple bingo gaming site. Though the game still is not finished or published I definitely will put it online as soon as its finished and tested.

Questions of course are welcome at any point, and feel free to ask, especially if I am not that easy to follow.

I hope that I can be a little help to some of you in developing their projects.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
0tweb (OP)

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 07:13:24 PM

For my first post I want to talk about some basics leading to the project.

Why a bingo-game?
First I think bingo is a fun game to play. Everyone knows the rules and its easy to understand what is happening in the game. The game-logic is quite simple and you can add nice features to the game to increase the fun playing it.

What technologies will be used?
First I'm gonna use JS with JQuery on the client side, PHP (kohana) and MySQL on the server. To play it in a browser I obviously have to use HTML and to make things nicer CSS.

Why did I chose Frameworks like JQuery and kohana and what are those?
Basically I think it is a good idea to use Frameworks, because they help you a lot with important and often used features. Especially with security and organization of code a framework like kohana will help you a lot and save you a lot of time and headaches later on. JQuery makes it easy to write Client-side Javascript code, that makes the website work nice on the client-side. I really think that the time you have to invest first to learn to use such a framework will pay of later.

What is a basic developer setup?
I prefer to develop on Linux, where you have exactly the same environment as you have on your server(most of the times). However you can easily set up a web-server on windows using XAMPP. There are several nice tutorials on the web how to do this. To actually write code I use Eclipse (Php developer tools [PDT]) and MySQL-workbench to manage the database. You can also find some good tutorials how to setup these on the web. Of course there are several other possibilities you can use, but those will definitely work just fine.
bingo7

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 03:43:44 PM

It's been a long time since your last update on your project

We are also working on a bitcoin bingo game (https://www.bingo7.net)

We'll be happy to partner with you someday

The Bingo7 Team
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: