Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 01:08:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What technical indicators would you say are most reliable?  (Read 3861 times)
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4461

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:09:28 AM

TA is useless!

T&A on the other hand...  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DustyRah

Activity: 530
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:16:22 AM

Common sense dictates you follow world news.

Russia's stocks plunge? Looks like Russia's middle class might need a way to store value and move it throughout the country or internationally. -> Bitcoin up.

The UK eases tax regulations on income generated through Bitcoin? Might get a modest bump considering London is a financial Mecca. -> Bitcoin up.

I am a programmer myself, so it would be pretty easy, at least the way my mind works, to program a set of pre-determined conditions, and then when one of those conditions pops up in real life, send out an alert on your app (or whatever it is) that says "X is doing Y, 75% chance of breaking $700", and link users to a non-partisan news article regarding the event. Maybe create categories for prediction events:

Military, political, financial news, news within the crypto world (such as the Gox fiasco), etc.

You don't have to be an economist. Human emotion dictates this market as well as most others. I trust you will capitalize on it.

I have plenty of Bitcoin myself but I won't decline a gracious tip of exactly 1 Satoshi.

1LQBaWxcPbNDSMh42pgatkUYCL6TSYipNU

The fact that you say its pretty easy clearly means you don't know jack!
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:53:16 PM

Common sense dictates you follow world news.

Russia's stocks plunge? Looks like Russia's middle class might need a way to store value and move it throughout the country or internationally. -> Bitcoin up.

The UK eases tax regulations on income generated through Bitcoin? Might get a modest bump considering London is a financial Mecca. -> Bitcoin up.

I am a programmer myself, so it would be pretty easy, at least the way my mind works, to program a set of pre-determined conditions, and then when one of those conditions pops up in real life, send out an alert on your app (or whatever it is) that says "X is doing Y, 75% chance of breaking $700", and link users to a non-partisan news article regarding the event. Maybe create categories for prediction events:

Military, political, financial news, news within the crypto world (such as the Gox fiasco), etc.

You don't have to be an economist. Human emotion dictates this market as well as most others. I trust you will capitalize on it.

I have plenty of Bitcoin myself but I won't decline a gracious tip of exactly 1 Satoshi.

1LQBaWxcPbNDSMh42pgatkUYCL6TSYipNU

The fact that you say its pretty easy clearly means you don't know jack!

I know several jacks.

As complicated as people make it sound, writing a program as OP described is just a series of switches.

If Condition A is met, do this, else, do that.

If Condition B is met, do this, else do that.

...ad nauseum.

So it would be difficult in the sense that it is time consuming, but once you know how you want it to react, it's just academic.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: