Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:00:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pennsylvania Catholic Church covers up 300 chomo priests  (Read 487 times)
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:03:04 AM

Report details sexual abuse by more than 300 priests in Pennsylvania's Catholic Church
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/14/us/pennsylvania-catholic-church-grand-jury/index.html

A new grand jury report says that internal documents from six Catholic dioceses in Pennsylvania show that more than 300 "predator priests" have been credibly accused of sexually abusing more than 1,000 child victims.
"We believe that the real number of children whose records were lost or who were afraid ever to come forward is in the thousands," the grand jury report says.
"Priests were raping little boys and girls, and the men of God who were responsible for them not only did nothing; they hid it all. For decades. Monsignors, auxiliary bishops, bishops, archbishops, cardinals have mostly been protected; many, including some named in this report, have been promoted."
The lengthy report, released Tuesday afternoon, investigates clergy sexual abuse daying back to 1947 in six dioceses: Allentown, Erie, Greensburg, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Scranton.

Pennsylvania's two other dioceses, Philadelphia and Altoona-Johnstown, have been the subjects of earlier grand jury reports, which found similarly damaging information about clergy and bishops in those dioceses.

the vatican cover up, who will be held accountable and executed for having attempted to pervert the mission of the catholic church from the inside? let me guess, no one, just a little prayer for the rapists will do it, and a nice retreat in some monasteries... I see... perverted, fallen, lost, deceiving, treasonous and dangerous.

What is sad is that it would be so easy to erase the lies and clear this back log, but I guess, as the goal is the destruction of the catholic church, of course the weakest point, the inability to be held accountable for the worst crimes, will continue until there is only ruins.

I find completely stupid the human idea of prophets... I am more in the tent in desert... as if god needed intermediaries, as if god wasn't the creation... meaning in all things, living and dead.

at least the muslims got it, when they say : the last.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:33:40 AM

Sorry, chomo is prison slang for child molestor, i.e. pedophile...
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chomo
Well, for sane folks like us here who don't own a prison dictionary I felt it was a spelling error of 'Homo'. Thumbs up for the head-on. Come to think of it, the Catholic Church has always been enmeshed in sex scandals of recent. It could be because more virile young men are now absorbed into the seminaries and theological schools. These encaged lust and huge sexual appetites will always seek an outlets for expression. For these pervert priests, they rather stick it in a male than a female to avoid pregnancy talks. Come to think of it, I don't even know why priests don't get married. There's nowhere in the Bible that advises such thing as celibacy. Absolutely, nowhere!

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 11:48:14 AM

Sorry, chomo is prison slang for child molestor, i.e. pedophile...
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=chomo
Well, for sane folks like us here who don't own a prison dictionary I felt it was a spelling error of 'Homo'. Thumbs up for the head-on. Come to think of it, the Catholic Church has always been enmeshed in sex scandals of recent. It could be because more virile young men are now absorbed into the seminaries and theological schools. These encaged lust and huge sexual appetites will always seek an outlets for expression. For these pervert priests, they rather stick it in a male than a female to avoid pregnancy talks. Come to think of it, I don't even know why priests don't get married. There's nowhere in the Bible that advises such thing as celibacy. Absolutely, nowhere!

hehehe... slang is always a very efficient way to express ideas, and this one is simple to say, as it is simple to kill them.

now you ask a good question...

it is simple, it part of plan to downfall the roman empire after they having erased judea... some step 1 create a jewish god like, 2 impose the idea in the empire 3 force the first male of each family to become a priest, destroy families etc...

this is why buddism is fought too.

nothing can beat systemic open minded analysis...

but you know, the old gods, did they really went away? I wouldn't bet on it, who or what ever they maybe... this is a vast universe... even too vast for the intelligentest... at least I guess Smiley.

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 12:22:40 AM

I have read about a curious affinity of the men in Afghanistan for young boys. I assume it's a subset of all men. But they certainly are not being punished.

Some weird reason like the "young boys are not men so it isn't homosexual."

It appears this is an endemic cultural practice in the Muslim world. To be fair, certain factions hold it is against Sharia law and should be banned.

But the extent of the problem in the Muslim world is mind boggling.

300 priests?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

According to a report published in June 2017 by the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction, the US military reported 5753 cases of "gross human rights abuses" by Afghan forces, many of which relating to sexual abuse.[36]

These cases lean toward the selling of young boys into sexual slavery.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/world/asia/afghanistan-military-abuse.html

ADORNED IN MAKEUP, fake breasts and bells, Jawed whirls around middle-aged men at Kabul’s underground bacha bazi, or “boy play” parties, where the former child sex slave finds freedom of sorts as a dancing boy.
Jawed was kidnapped by a former jihadi commander in Shomali, north of Kabul, when he was barely 14, a victim of a hidden epidemic in Afghanistan of culturally-sanctioned male rape.
He is one of three former “bachas” traced by AFP who managed to escape their abusers.

Their testimonies shed searing light on the stolen lives of boy sex slaves, often seen as caricatures of shame and cast out of their families, with many like Jawed falling prey to a new cycle of abuse.
Four years after he was kidnapped, Jawed’s commander replaced him with a new boy slave, and “gifted” him to another strongman.

I haven't heard of any Catholic priests doing that...

Let's ignore the plight of tens of thousands TODAY, and instead focus on how bad the Catholic Church was.
Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
September 08, 2018, 01:59:28 PM

I have read about a curious affinity of the men in Afghanistan for young boys. I assume it's a subset of all men. But they certainly are not being punished.

Some weird reason like the "young boys are not men so it isn't homosexual."

It appears this is an endemic cultural practice in the Muslim world. To be fair, certain factions hold it is against Sharia law and should be banned.

But the extent of the problem in the Muslim world is mind boggling.

300 priests?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacha_bazi

According to a report published in June 2017 by the Special Inspector General for Afghanistan Reconstruction, the US military reported 5753 cases of "gross human rights abuses" by Afghan forces, many of which relating to sexual abuse.[36]

These cases lean toward the selling of young boys into sexual slavery.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/23/world/asia/afghanistan-military-abuse.html

ADORNED IN MAKEUP, fake breasts and bells, Jawed whirls around middle-aged men at Kabul’s underground bacha bazi, or “boy play” parties, where the former child sex slave finds freedom of sorts as a dancing boy.
Jawed was kidnapped by a former jihadi commander in Shomali, north of Kabul, when he was barely 14, a victim of a hidden epidemic in Afghanistan of culturally-sanctioned male rape.
He is one of three former “bachas” traced by AFP who managed to escape their abusers.

Their testimonies shed searing light on the stolen lives of boy sex slaves, often seen as caricatures of shame and cast out of their families, with many like Jawed falling prey to a new cycle of abuse.
Four years after he was kidnapped, Jawed’s commander replaced him with a new boy slave, and “gifted” him to another strongman.

I haven't heard of any Catholic priests doing that...

Let's ignore the plight of tens of thousands TODAY, and instead focus on how bad the Catholic Church was.

Sounds pretty similar to me...

You mention numbers as if it is a worse problem in Afghanistan... 5753 cases of "human rights abuses" vs 300 priests abusing over 1000 children... sure it sounds like 5x as much, but we are talking about an entire country (Afghanistan) versus a single US state (Pennsylvania)... if you want to compare apples to apples, you would have to compare population density

Afghanistan has 5000 cases with a population of 35 million people.  Pennsylvania has >1000 cases with a population of 12 million people.  So you'd have to normalize the catholic side by multiplying it by 3.  Now you have 5000 vs >3000... looks like Afghanistan is twice as bad... except that I realize the story about Afghanistan is speculation, 5000 accusations... by contrast, the Pennsylvania cases were elaborated upon by a grand jury writing a 457 page report detailing the incidents... I'd say that is slightly more trustworthy

It is a big jump to compare 5000 accusations of "gross human rights abuses" (where zero evidence was found/reported), with a 457 page report detailing over 1000 incidents of priests molesting children, providing facts and evidence for each case.

If Afghanistanians are guilty of molesting children, then they should go to prison too... I'm not biased in that regard, I just don't believe your story... I don't believe accusations without facts and evidence... I want proof, not accusations... It is too easy to lie about someone you dislike, and accuse them of something they did not do
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 03:07:49 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2018, 07:03:45 PM by Spendulus

Afghanistan has 5000 cases with a population of 35 million people.  Pennsylvania has >1000 cases with a population of 12 million people. ....
No, that's not accurate. Those 5000 cases are only those which the US Military documented. The practices were endemic there for hundreds of years.

And no matter how you duck and dodge the issue, the selling of a young boy into slavery is a far worse evil than the priests playing with little boys. Let's be realistic here, Afghanistan is stuck in the 17th century.

It is a big jump to compare 5000 accusations of "gross human rights abuses" (where zero evidence was found/reported), with a 457 page report detailing over 1000 incidents of priests molesting children, providing facts and evidence for each case.

If Afghanistanians are guilty of molesting children, then they should go to prison too... I'm not biased in that regard, I just don't believe your story... I don't believe accusations without facts and evidence... I want proof, not accusations... It is too easy to lie about someone you dislike, and accuse them of something they did not do

You don't believe my story? Problem is, it's not my story...

You don't believe in the documented historical practices of boy sex slaves in the Middle East?

Or that they continue today?

Regardless, it's nice to hear you SAY you'd condemn equally the high clerics of Islam as the priests of Catholicism. Whether that is true or not is another story. Most Muslims know what would happen to them if they criticized the sexual perversions of some of their leaders.

Do you? I think you'd get the same treatment Salmon Rushbie did. Because that's basically what he did.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2018, 12:55:24 PM

That's fine and dandy... I know your type, I've dealt with you plenty

You seriously think because you can come up with an example of another group doing similar or worse things than your group... that suddenly your group is the good one

Wrong

Both groups are evil.  Period.

I certainly don't condone child slavery in Afghanistan... only the bible would condone child slavery (true story)

I choose to speak about the Catholic church because it is happening within a few miles of my house.  Afghanistan is on the other side of the planet (and the reports are much less trustworthy).  Like Jesus said, "remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the splinter from the eye of Afghanistan"
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:18:00 AM

That's fine and dandy... I know your type, I've dealt with you plenty

You seriously think because you can come up with an example of another group doing similar or worse things than your group... that suddenly your group is the good one

Wrong

Both groups are evil.  Period.

I certainly don't condone child slavery in Afghanistan... only the bible would condone child slavery (true story)

I choose to speak about the Catholic church because it is happening within a few miles of my house.  Afghanistan is on the other side of the planet (and the reports are much less trustworthy).  Like Jesus said, "remove the log from your own eye before trying to remove the splinter from the eye of Afghanistan"

I agree, remove that forest from your eyes.

The Catholic Church is not "my group", I walked away from it decades ago.

And if you've walked away from Islam, congratulations.

Seriously.

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 01:41:51 PM

Funny that you call me a Muslim even though I condemn both groups for their actions, yet you defend catholic pedophile priests and say you aren't a catholic...

I suppose the other options would be that you are a priest or a pedophile and that is the reason you defend them.  But, you don't defend Islam priests, so it's not because you are a priest... that leaves 1 option for why you would defend pedophile catholic priests... are you a pedophile?

If your game is to trade insults, I can play that game too (but I prefer arguing about reality than calling someone names)
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 12:05:45 AM

Funny that you call me a Muslim even though I condemn both groups for their actions...
I think I implied "ex-Muslim."

As you are aware that is very different than Muslim.

But my point was that it's the very open nature of Western society that enables your protests against the Catholic priests, while in Islam you'd be keeping your mouth shut, or you'd be murdered.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:55:14 AM

Germany has joined the party!

Report: Over 3,600 Children in Germany Were Sexually Abused by Clergy
https://www.democracynow.org/2018/9/13/headlines/report_over_3_600_children_in_germany_were_sexually_abused_by_clergy

In Germany, a new report reveals that over 3,600 children have been sexually abused by clergy of the Catholic Church and that at least 1,670 clergy members have been involved in the abuse over the past seven decades. The report was commissioned by the German Roman Catholic Church Bishops’ Conference. It comes in the wake of a larger child sexual abuse scandal rocking the Catholic Church worldwide. On Wednesday, Pope Francis called for a conference at the Vatican in February with international heads of the church to discuss the crisis.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:53:43 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2018, 11:44:43 PM by Spendulus

Germany has joined the party!

Report: Over 3,600 Children in Germany Were Sexually Abused by Clergy
https://www.democracynow.org/2018/9/13/headlines/report_over_3_600_children_in_germany_were_sexually_abused_by_clergy

In Germany, a new report reveals that over 3,600 children have been sexually abused by clergy of the Catholic Church and that at least 1,670 clergy members have been involved in the abuse over the past seven decades. The report was commissioned by the German Roman Catholic Church Bishops’ Conference. It comes in the wake of a larger child sexual abuse scandal rocking the Catholic Church worldwide. On Wednesday, Pope Francis called for a conference at the Vatican in February with international heads of the church to discuss the crisis.

That's about one case of abuse per week for the 70 year period. It's so nothing, given the 130,000 clergy in Germany. Say 52 cases for 2017 / 130,000 = 0.04%.

Compare that with 3466 cases of sexual abuse during just the first nine months of 2017 from Muslim immigrants.

Per person of each group, the rate on the muslim immigrants is ten times higher.

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/12066/germany-rape-crisis

Germany's migrant rape crisis continues unabated. Preliminary statistics show that migrants committed more than a dozen rapes or sexual assaults every day in 2017, a four-fold increase since 2014, the year before Chancellor Angela Merkel allowed into Germany more than a million mostly Muslim male migrants from Africa, Asia and the Middle East.

A quarterly report — Criminality in the Context of Migration (Kriminalität im Kontext von Zuwanderung) — published by the Federal Criminal Police Office (Bundeskriminalamt, BKA) showed that migrants (Zuwanderer, defined as asylum seekers, refugees and illegal immigrants) committed 3,466 sex crimes during the first nine months of 2017 — or around 13 a day. (Final crime statistics for 2017 will not be publicly available until the second quarter of 2018.) By comparison, in all of 2016 migrants committed 3,404 sex crimes, or around nine a day; in 2015, 1,683 sex crimes, or around five a day; in 2014, 949 sex crimes, or around three a day; and in 2013, 599 sex crimes, or around two a day.

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 12:40:23 PM

Pointing your finger at another group does not make the catholics any less child molesty

This is commonly known as the False Equivalence Fallacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

Sorry, not sorry
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:40:01 PM

Pointing your finger at another group does not make the catholics any less child molesty

This is commonly known as the False Equivalence Fallacy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

Sorry, not sorry

Showing that Muslim immigrants are ten times more inclined toward these activities is certainly showing an interesting fact.

Showing that nine months of rape and sexual violence by Muslims is equal to seventy years of similar actions by Catholic priests is certainly interesting.

Beyond that, I have not drawn any conclusions whatsoever.

I have made no "false equivalence fallacy."
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:15:01 PM

New Jersey Priest Abuse Hotline Gets So Many Calls That People Can’t Get Through
http://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2018/09/15/new-jersey-priest-abuse-hotline-gets-so-many-calls-that-people-cant-get-through/

A hotline set up by New Jersey officials for citizens to report sexual abuse by priests was so overwhelmed with calls that the state had to assign more workers to the hotline — and people are still having trouble getting through.

New Jersey Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal launched a special task force to look into allegations of sexual abuse within the state’s branches of the Catholic Church, and part of that included a call-in center for victims to give tips to investigators… and those tips haven’t stopped coming in.

[Spokesman for the Division of Criminal Justice Peter Aseltine], who would not disclose how many calls have been received, said the state has taken steps to ensure that the hotline is adequately staffed. Calls yesterday to the toll-free number, (855) 363-6548, were being answered almost immediately.

The move by New Jersey to set up a task force and hotline was taken in the wake of the explosive Pennsylvania grand jury report released in August, which detailed in graphic terms the sex abuse by hundreds of priests who had preyed upon children for decades.

In an interview with NPR, Attorney General Gurbir S. Grewal said the response underscored the need to have hotlines across the country, “because I am certain that this abuse, given the pattern and practices that the Pennsylvania report identified, was not limited to the Northeast.”

Why was the line so overwhelmed? Perhaps because of how much Church leaders have downplayed the scandals and covered up for fellow priests. Perhaps because more people are willing to speak out when they believe investigators will actually take them seriously for once. Perhaps because people have seen what’s happened in Pennsylvania and Boston and have been waiting for the opportunity to tell someone their own stories. When people in power are honestly listening, it’s not surprising that stories will pour out of people who have been afraid to speak out.

Certain advocates for child abuse survivors already knew the Church’s power and secrecy were keeping some victims silent, so they predicted the hotline would be popular.

Mark Crawford, the state director of the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, said he had anticipated there could well be a great many calls to the state’s hotline.

“I suspect they are getting many calls from victims throughout the country who once lived here as a youngster and experienced clergy sexual abuse at that time,” he said. “I know this as I myself have received many calls — far more than the regular volume of survivors reaching out. Some in their 70’s who stated they had never spoken to someone, anyone of their abuse before now.”

Keep in mind the hotline is just the beginning. The stories that come in will be investigated and they will have to be confirmed. It’s merely the first step in a long, difficult journey. But it’s also a step that many victims felt they couldn’t take until now (for a number of legitimate reasons).

All the more reasons for other states to set up their own hotlines — and to make sure they’re adequately staffed.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:52:16 PM

Keep in mind the hotline is just the beginning. The stories that come in will be investigated and they will have to be confirmed. It’s merely the first step in a long, difficult journey. But it’s also a step that many victims felt they couldn’t take until now (for a number of legitimate reasons).

All the more reasons for other states to set up their own hotlines — and to make sure they’re adequately staffed.

I certainly agree. Would the hotlines be usable for Islamic perv clergy as well?

Or do you just want to focus on Catholic and ignore the tenfold higher endemic problem with Muslims?

I guess the wealth of the Vatican makes them a more INTERESTING TARGET from the point of view of avaricious lawyers.

Wait, what was the goal here?

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 04:06:03 PM
Merited by suchmoon (4), Foxpup (2)

I certainly agree. Would the hotlines be usable for Islamic perv clergy as well?

Or do you just want to focus on Catholic and ignore the tenfold higher endemic problem with Muslims?

I guess the wealth of the Vatican makes them a more INTERESTING TARGET from the point of view of avaricious lawyers.

Wait, what was the goal here?

The topic is about catholic pedophiles... why do you keep posting off-topic nonsense?  What is your goal here?

I have already stated I don't like pedophiles from any religion... why do you keep bringing up Islam as if it is the topic, or relevant to the topic, or that I would have a different opinion of an Islamic pedophile?

I have stated my focus on catholics is because they are local to me... here in America... not somewhere on the other side of the planet... I have already stated an accusation is completely different from a court ordered report of a grand jury investigation...  I have no problem if you want to open an Islamic pedophile hotline... good luck with that
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:56:34 PM

The topic is about catholic pedophiles... why do you keep posting off-topic nonsense?  ...  I have no problem if you want to open an Islamic pedophile hotline... good luck with that

Got it. Vatican's an easy, rich target.

Thanks.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 10:10:15 AM

Surprisingly, Catholic opinion of the pope has not changed any more than Splendulus' opinion of Catholics...

I suppose people see what they want to see, and don't see what they don't want to see

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 06:02:45 PM

Surprisingly, Catholic opinion of the pope has not changed any more than Splendulus' opinion of Catholics...

I suppose people see what they want to see, and don't see what they don't want to see

Lesson: Go after the soft target with money, the Catholic Church. Not the distributed little Protestant churches or the distributed Muslim operations. Then pick non-Catholics for the jury.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: