Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:45:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Some ICO is not scam  (Read 3313 times)
sniveel

Activity: 431
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:30:43 AM

If you afraid to invest on ICOs better too invest in coins that already in the market. If you invest on an ICO better to investigate the project and gather some idea if the project has a lot of potential to success

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Thomaswag

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:32:32 AM

At present, the Bitcoin investment trend is developing, there are many ways to invest virtual currency but ICO is one of the most bitcoin investment type of venture. Of course, the riskiest thing is to make the most money. But if not clear, the risk is very high. I never wanted to invest in an ICO.
Adunni6758

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:43:04 PM

Scams are definitely everywhere, not only in ICO. notwithstanding, there are lots of legit ICOs with good tech. At least, i  have participated in so many ICOs that have succeeded and have proven to be authentic.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:51:05 PM

The problem with whitepapers is that they can be easily copied, and with the number of ICOs being released these days it would take a sharp investor to recognise that a whitepaper has been copied from an old project. The best way to identify real projects is to ensure there is a strong media presence i.e. youtube videos, and also photos from blockchain events
The Goat Master

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:53:24 PM

Some are not but it really needs so good research to determine those and those should also meet the investment criteria.

██
         ▄▄▀  ▀▄
        ▄▀▀▄▄▄  ▀▄
      ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▀▄
    ▄▀ █  ▄▄▀▀ █  █ ▀▄▄
  ▄▀  ██▀█ ▄▀▀▄ █ █  █▀▄
██   █ █▐▌█ ██ █ ██ █   ██
  ▀▄█  █ █ ▀▄▄▀▄▄███  ▄▀
   ▀▀▄ █▄▄█▄█▀▀   █ ▄▀
      ▀▄▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀▀██▀
        ▀▄  ▀▀▄▄▄▀
          ▀▄  ▄▀▀
            ██
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀▀
███
███
███
 ███▄         ▄▄
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███
█████████████

█████████████

█████████████
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██████████████▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
      ██▌
    ▄▄███████▄▄
  ▄███▀▀   ▀▀███▄
 ███▀         ▀███
███             ███
███             ███
███             ███
 ███▄         ▄███
  ▀███▄▄   ▄▄███▀
    ▀▀███████▀▀
██████████▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
          ▀██▌
          ▄██▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
██████████▀
██▌    ▀███▄
██▌      ▀███▄
██▌        ▀███

▄▄
████
 ▀▀
        ██
       ████
      ██▌▐██
     ██▌  ▐██
    ██▌    ▐██
   ██▌      ▐██
  ██▌        ▐██
 ██▌          ▐██
██▌    ███████████
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
██▌
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███
.▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    WHITEPAPER    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.
FACEBOOK       REDDIT       TELEGRAM
BITCOINTALK   TWITTER   INSTAGRAM
irenegaming

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

Kuvacash.com

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:59:43 PM

Although I agree with you that not every ICO should be throwed in the same bag, we can be sure that the vast majority are scams, some of the tools I use to see if an ICO is even worth investigating are websites like icoreview, although those pages are still manipulable and can give good scores if they pay enough, at least we can see an overview and from there we can start to do our own research, we have to be more cautious, because the ICOs that are scams are looking more and more legitimate, I think we have to unite as a community and spread the word when we see something suspicious.

Benabod

Activity: 184

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:39:01 PM

Though not ICOs are scam, we have few genuine ICOs out there with committed team keeping their words according to their roadmap but it is obvious there are bundles of ICOs that are fake from beginning to end. It's very important to be sure of project you're investing in for you not to get burnt
FrosyaBulatova

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:42:05 PM

Thanks to the author for such a detailed explanation. Long ago there were no such informative posts. Everyone is talking about the ICO study before joining the bounty, but no one is talking about specific actions. You first, thanks for the help! It will be useful to many.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:03:46 PM

Those are most essential methods for discovering authenticity of the digital currency related undertakings that is an ICO.

Well no one is stating that every one of them are trick however experts information demonstrates that around 80% of the ICO that come into the market are genuine con artists. As indicated by my experience of abundance support I am certain that this reality is likewise valid.

Since out of 30-40 ICO's abundance that I went along with I will just get tokens for around 5-6 bounties. Presently you can envision that much trick proportion scares individuals a great deal. Kiss

That is why investigation and evaluation is important to verify if these ICOs are worth putting your money into. I would also suggest for a potential investors to do their bounty too as they can see if the ICO project will be a success, a flop or a scam as you can tell by how they manage their social media accounts, telegram and bounties. Also this move can get you in touch with the managers and you can get feedback to them much more quickly. If any of what you think will be a red flag then oppose to invest into the project.
cryptolord5

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:40:36 PM

I think this is the reason why China has banned its citizens from investing through ICOs

including U.S citizen's mostly they don't participate in many of all this project.
Zumbiko

Activity: 180

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:42:54 PM

Yes not all ICO's are scams. but still, investments in ICO are very risky.
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:46:26 PM

Currently, market statistics show that ICO scam rates are very high, more than 80%, and still have the remaining 20% are the potential ICO. Therefore choosing the ICO for investment is the most important step, deciding whether you are losing money or making a big profit, so be calm and patient in selecting an ICO project.
francedeni

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:48:00 PM

Well some list could help and so not all Ico's are scam. Some Ico's become scam due to lack of enchancement on their project and cannot provide good shows on their page to attract investors. Hence, our responsibility to verify if the project is worth investing.
kotajikikox

Activity: 2366
Merit: 207

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:48:33 PM

Of course truly correct because i experience came from the icos bounty campaign i get good earnings from tthe project specially the project are very successful and the dev's made the promose from the investors and participants benefits.

karramov

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:50:39 PM

I fully agree with you. it is necessary to understand and be sure that the project is not a fraud. I only trust proven teams. Krypital professionally engaged in projects I believe them
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:58:37 PM

Which project has launched the product and succeeded in displacing competitors?
So far, I have not seen the project that held ICO successfully in marketing their products
I think this is the reason why China has banned its citizens from investing through ICOs

Me neither, but I am support 1 ICO until now amd that's ALAX. I'd been waiting for their release of the new gaming platform, admins are still in touch to every member on the telegram and I suppose this will be a success project. Their tokens now is already in the market and several holders are not actually use them for trading they want to see how will it go when it is used to the platform.

I wish, some ICOs are also like this, until now there so many SCAM ICOs here and they just cause some spam bots to migrate into their ANN or some spammed threads.
hackzang12

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:59:21 PM

Yes Some ICo are scam but be confident enough that there's succesful project around the road and it's bigger than any other old coins in crypto market. You should do you analysis and read white paper so you won't be left behind on this thing.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:11:33 AM

The OP makes sense and I think it's pretty obvious what he pointed out.
If you are an intelligent or smart investor, you need those basic points for your own gain.
You should do your own due diligence. It's your responsibility to do your own homework.
I've invested in some ICOs, pretty legit but the marketing is not good enough.
You need to look how the team can stick with their plans. Are they really capable of delivering what they promised?
Do they have enough resources to continue their developments, and not be a hindrance to fulfil their mission?
Just few questions to think about before investing your money to an unknown project.
justsimpleram

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

bithostcoin.io

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 12:20:27 AM

For me ICO is very risky for our investment but I try it once and I got some profit on it. But before investing on it I do a very long time for background checking about the team of the project and about the project. And if you want to invest in the ICO you should know that you are taking a risk even so we do a background check. But now I found one and they will do another project again and I'm gonna try to invest to their ICO again.

Jr Member

(((     MARTKIST.org     )))     ►  Decentralized Anarchy!
►  Community Focus     ►  No Premine     ► 
Scripture

Activity: 1299
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:21:54 AM

Its unfair having a one sided opinion regarding ICO scams. Some are real fraud and others are just screwed up and having their bad luck. They also wanted to prosper like other successful ICOs but we should consider that businesses gone through lossess more than being successful. We shouldnt blame them for this. You trust them with your money and Investing is so risky anyway.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: