Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:38:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin in a DotCom recovery phase?  (Read 404 times)
matthewio

Activity: 164
Merit: 1

bitcoin is great

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 10:09:00 PM

Well,most of the altcoin devs look exactly like the small online business owners back in the late 90s.
They have the "build it and the money will come" type of mentality.This is not a proper business plan,most of the altcoins are useless (unless they are used for pump/dump)and they are ready to fail.
Bitcoin is in a "in the middle of nowhere" phase.Not a recovery phase for sure. Grin
No one can really tell what the future holds for bitcoins or the altcoins, whether bitcoin will be replaced by something much more accepted, there are a lot of variables, Satoshi Nakamoto may wake up tomoro and move his 1 million bitcoin to exchange and all hell will be let loose

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:59:24 PM

New investors, they always look at Bitcoin and think, "oh it's too late", then they look at a couple alts, they find them too developed to get the x1000, so they will search for whatever brand new promise, that's where the most dangerous bubbles happen.
Not entirely. If we follow the blind chicken gang supporting XRP, which is one of the largest altcoins in this industry, they seriously believe that it may reach $500 to $1000 per token.

It's entirely ridiculous, but people only seem to pay attention to the single token or coin value, which in case of XRP means $0.30 per token. It's easy to buy into and a few hundred bucks worth of it buys you a lot of coins.

People's main obstacle with Bitcoin is its higher price. They don't want to buy 0.15BTC with $1000 of their savings, but thousands of smaller coins. It's a psychological matter in the end.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
denisaardelean

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:07:02 PM

Credit goes to source : https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/14/crypto-advocate-bitcoins-narrative-problem-is-spooking-investors.html

The Altcoin market is currently a war zone and it looks like a small Dotcom bubble have burst. <I hate using the word Bubble, but in this scenario, it best explains what is happening>  Roll Eyes

I compare Bitcoin to the bigger Microsoft/Dell/Yahoo companies, during the DotCom bubble and the Alt coins to the gazillion of tech companies that went bankrupt.

Will Alt coins suffer the same fate and will Bitcoin rose out of the ashes like these bigger companies, that ended up being bigger and stronger than what they were, before the DotCom bubble burst?

What do you think?
You can see that bitcoin prices are dropping sharply for months in a row, the bitcoin bubble has broken and the market is in a bear market in the long run, so in order to reduce the risk I believe in At this point you should only short-term investment in bitcoin to minimize risk. The market will continue to fall sharply and you can wait to buy bitcoin at the $ 5100 mark.
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:58:47 AM

what will burst the market for Altcoins doesn't mean that will burst Bitcoin. because 90% of altcoins is tokens Ethereum, the credibility of which fell due to the large number of failed ICO
pumbum

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:50:09 AM

the concept of bubble in this case means that this technology must be re-evaluated and discard the ballast is not necessary companies. this is what is happening now with bitcoin
thomas_goal

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 07:43:11 AM

Yes, it definitely is in a recovery phase. And it is very similar to what we saw in the dotcom industry several years back. It's hard to increase so quickly and not come back down. That's why I don't think it'll do it again this year. It just doesn't have the energy after climbing so high.

It has a very similar speculative nature, that's why it went up so high. Tech and crypto follow similar patterns of huge booms and busts. Bitcoin will last because it is like Microsoft or Dell: It has an idea that is worth developing. Most altcoins cannot, unfortunately provide this advantage.

Which is why...

the concept of bubble in this case means that this technology must be re-evaluated and discard the ballast is not necessary companies. this is what is happening now with bitcoin

Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:06:14 AM

Will Alt coins suffer the same fate
my answer is yes, because the average altcoin price uses bitcoin as the main money, so if the price of bitcoin falls then the price of altcoin will drop.

will Bitcoin rose out of the ashes like these bigger companies
yeah, I believe the price of bitcoin will recover, I will keep save bitcoin because I believe the price of bitcoin can soar in the future

You have lots of beliefs hope that will save you as investors lol

I am saving my bitcoin Because of my trust in technology that behind this and i trust the cryptocurrency as well,since this would be the money for the future and even physical money won't stop this from growing and existing
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: