Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:49:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Safest/most reliable BTC exchange?  (Read 414 times)
Leahhhh (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:56:04 PM

I asked this question regarding safe/reliable exchanges once before when I came close to selling some of my BTC. Back then Gemini was recommended to me by several people but I see now it is far down the list of top exchanges. Anyone have any experience of using it recently?

As regards Binance I had to google BNB token as I know nothing about that. I just want an exchange where I can sell & then transfer the cash to my bank account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 08:08:17 PM

I bought my BTC in 2014 & have held through everything since, but now I'm nervous & would like to sell at least enough to cover my original investment. However, I have no idea which exchange to use & would welcome any advice as to which would be considered the safest & most reliable. PS: I am in the UK.

There are many exchangers right now which are best in the market for providing exactly right volume for you to sell your BTC. Its good that you are holding the BTC since 2014 and it is even interesting that you were holding it since 2014 and you did not sell them at ATH of 2017. I liked your attitude but I would say you should hold even further because we will soon see prices of bitcoin going above 20K USD for sure. If anyway you want to sell then I would say only Binance can help you for selling your huge pile of BTC bag.  Wink
Leahhhh (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:24:05 PM

Frowsiter....wish I had a huge pile of BTC...it's not that large unfortunately   Sad ...though it is a lot larger than when I bought in 2014  Smiley
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:30:33 PM

Most reliable exchange I will recommend is poloniex because of the high security of your coins. Funds on such exchange are mostly stored on a cold wallet which in case of a hack, not all your funds will be at risk.
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:45:08 PM

Most reliable exchange I will recommend is poloniex because of the high security of your coins. Funds on such exchange are mostly stored on a cold wallet which in case of a hack, not all your funds will be at risk.

I haven't yet used poloniex but I have haven't heard any bad things about it so  it may be worth  giving it a try? And the fact that it uses cold storage is really good.
Leahhhh (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:49:58 PM

My BTC are currently in cold storage. I presume I need to import them into a Blockchain wallet before I can transfer them to an exchange. Is Blockchain the best wallet to use for this purpose?
spyderbilt

Activity: 320

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:53:40 PM

I haven't yet used poloniex but I have haven't heard any bad things about it so  it may be worth  giving it a try? And the fact that it uses cold storage is really good.
poloniex is a good place to store or make transactions on btc. I think this is a thing that needs to be tried so I think there must be the best exchange for btc. don't panic and worry
royalcrypt

Activity: 456

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:37:22 AM

Coinbase stores 98% of their cryptos on cold storage in case there is an attack they will be fine. also your cryptos are safe as the exchange is FDIC approved. Only down side is that they record everything and eventually you will have to report your earnings to the IRS.
lushlife

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:29:47 AM

I recently started using Binance Exchange Platform, and so far so good.
also the fees are actually great, and no verification needed for small traders.
bdfoysalhossain

Activity: 224

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:06:57 PM

I think most reliable BTC exchange are-
- Binance
- bittrex
- OKEx
- HitBTC
- Bitmex
In my opinion these exchanger are very good, safe and easy to use.
Tudors

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:11:45 PM

I bought my BTC in 2014 & have held through everything since, but now I'm nervous & would like to sell at least enough to cover my original investment. However, I have no idea which exchange to use & would welcome any advice as to which would be considered the safest & most reliable. PS: I am in the UK.

Use the Kraken exchange. The support service there and safety are suitable (above average).
Irma nurfalah

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 09:17:23 PM

2014? I'm sure you are now a billionaire. wow, this surprised me a lot when I heard it, I think in Europe there are many exchanges that can be relied on, reliable exchanges, which have cheap fees, try to googling at CMC there are lots of recommended exchanges.
Aion2n

Activity: 700
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:15:28 PM

My friend, if you have hold bitcoins since 2014 and didn't sell it in December 2017 - early 2018, then I'm sad to hear that you want to sell it right now. I understand that you may be very frightened by the situation in the market, but this should not provoke you to sell all your bitcoins.
Calmly think about what is happening in the market. Do you really believe that bitcoin has come to an end? After all, on some wallets there are hundreds of thousands of bitcoins and their owners are not in a hurry to sell their bitcoins now.
If you now need money, then sell some of your bitcoins, and let the rest be with you, you will always have time to sell them.
rodskee

Activity: 2366
Merit: 191

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 09:39:41 PM

There a lot of realable excahnge you can find at cmc and try nexybit platform the new trusted exchange
But in your case i advice to you just hold and wait the right to cut off your lose
Try to learn the follow movement of the market its going ti become better

MalcolmBee

Activity: 70

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:17:53 PM

Coinbase is outstanding amongst other names in the Bitcoin world setting itself on the best as a one-stop answer for Bitcoins. It is one of the most secure one as well. It's a wallet for putting away, spending, purchasing and tolerating Bitcoins, it goes about as a Bitcoin processor for some vendors and organizations, and is among the top.
atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2018, 10:23:32 PM

There are a lot of good and reliable exchanges around, it depends on country of residence, if in US, you best option will be Coinbase,Robinhood as you can withdraw to fiats, other .Binance,coinex.com are other good exchanges
richminded

Activity: 798
Merit: 268

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:36:43 PM

You should have sold your bitcoin during the peak last year, quiet too late but this will still depend on you. Sold some of it but make sure you are still holding good amount of bitcoin because you bought it at a cheaper price and the future price of bitcoin will be great. Try to use binance or maybe look for the wallet on your place where you can change bitcoin to fiat money directly.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:45:56 PM

There a lot of realable excahnge you can find at cmc and try nexybit platform the new trusted exchange
But in your case i advice to you just hold and wait the right to cut off your lose
Try to learn the follow movement of the market its going ti become better
Can you see the price bitcoin at 2014? Just $300 and now $6479 base on coinmarketcap, are you still sure the OP suffered a loss?

Nexbyt is a new exchange that can't be trusted yet, I more than trust to local exchange or binance and bittrex to sell bitcoin that OP has.
Biscutard

Activity: 759
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 10:55:36 PM

Wait for Bitcoin to experience a price increase, I advise you to exchange safely, among others:

- Binance
- HitBTC
- Bitmex
- Coinbase

I will agree on his side and also for the list of exchanges.

You shouldn't worry that much on trusting a few reliable exchanges, they were all found in here and every traders suggested them except to some newbies.

You were so lucky to buy bitcoin at 2014 and being able to hold it up until now. Cheesy
Nhebu

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:16:06 PM

Until now, I do not try to enter at the top exchanges because I do not have yet enough money to invest in cryptocurrency. What I just doing today is to scalp my coins in cryptopia so that I gain a lot. Playing with my bounty tokens are good but risky and I am thinking that it could be the start of my journey in crypto. As of now, cryptopia is the best exchange for me.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: