Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:01:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] GoldBars (GDB/GOLD) | KGW | Scrypt | Safe IPO | Rare  (Read 43902 times)
pastet89

Activity: 378
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 10:57:27 PM

NO relaunch, just skip the IPO, you have lot of support here, and community can help develop this coin. I say NO RELAUNCH was problems with most launches, and if you stopped mining then it stinks, but that would make up for the IPO.

Diff is still very, very low, get in there and keep mining.

This coin is rare, and nobody got that huge an advantage.

TO DEVELOPER: The IPO will cause a huge amount of dumping, and I think given the coins are so small rewards this is as fair as it can be, let the coin live, refund all IPO, and ask for donations, and help from the community to make this coin.

Nobody here without the IPO got a huge advantage mining, get in there and mine now.

It's easy to say skip the IPO when you are out of it. You can not take off IPO as there are already people in it, who accepted initial terms, and took risk.

P.S. Dev, you have a PM

Cryptostats.es
Sprite160

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:04:51 PM

I am going to call it guys, this coin has been fucked. I am very sorry for wasting your time. I will send out %90 refunds to all investors (Some funds have been used :/) I wish this went better but launch fucked up from the start. Should I leave this thread open or close it?
Again so so sorry for wasting your time...

Solomining did work for windows but without pools this coin is nothing...

To wirerogue: as you can see, unless you haven't been reading while mining, the dev called it way back. As your papaw said, unless you apply it selectively to suit your needs, " you can't take back a fuck ".

And before you say, "Well he never really took it down," His word is what everyone is praising on this coin. So, if he did not actually take it down, then his word won't mean much going forward. One "Aww Fuck," negates many "Attaboys."

Sprite160

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:12:04 PM

Where is link for wallwt please?

+1 agreed. Too late to relaunch, some just crying cause they didn't get in on first blocks. That's all. Period, end of story

By the way, I did get in on the early blocks, that's how I know about the jump in hashrate.  If all you want is to make this another coin to get your cash out of quick, and then kill it, go on with your badass self.  I will give up what I have mined to see everyone happy with a coin. Not just those who ignored the dev "calling it."  If the coin continues as is, then I will hold what I have mined and dump it when I think it will benefit me. Til then, I am going to hope for a relaunch, or a new coin from the dev.

I've said enough on this topic. Closed for me.

Sprite160

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:38:46 PM

I am going to call it guys, this coin has been fucked. I am very sorry for wasting your time. I will send out %90 refunds to all investors (Some funds have been used :/) I wish this went better but launch fucked up from the start. Should I leave this thread open or close it?
Again so so sorry for wasting your time...

Solomining did work for windows but without pools this coin is nothing...

To wirerogue: as you can see, unless you haven't been reading while mining, the dev called it way back. As your papaw said, unless you apply it selectively to suit your needs, " you can't take back a fuck ".

And before you say, "Well he never really took it down," His word is what everyone is praising on this coin. So, if he did not actually take it down, then his word won't mean much going forward. One "Aww Fuck," negates many "Attaboys."

oh i've been reading. apparently you haven't.

Ok guys, I am not sure if I should fix this up and work on it or not. It will take a lot of work to fix up the coins image if we are going to make the coin succesful. Do you guys think I should do a FULL relaunch or even make a gold bar 2.0 or something and add more features? Or should I fix up the already released version or what? I am open to ideas.

Breaking my rule, couldn't resist...  YOU CAN"T TAKE BACK A FUCK! if he called it and then tried to un-call it, that is the same as trying to un-fuck.  Maybe you have no integrity, by I hope for the dev's sake, he does. The post you quoted does not state that he is continuing the coin.  He was asking what the community thinks. Where does he state that he has "un-fucked," and is continuing the coin?

Is the original seed node still up? Where is the chain rooted?

robertson2013

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:44:48 PM

Hopefully the dev can come back online at some point to clear things up, no use in getting back to ripping into each other over this till we know what's happening. I am still jumping back to mine now and again but for me I need to hear from the dev before continuing.

Come on gold bars let us know what is happening?Huh

Sprite160

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:47:53 PM

So it's failed?

We as the dev's have stopped working on it although we are open if someone from the community wants to work on it.

Repost

Has anyone from the community come forward, or just blindly mining the coin?  Dev input would be greatly appreciated here. Without a dev, this coin will be a huge waste of time, energy, and sanity.

R.I.P Goldbars 1.0

Sprite160

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:56:10 PM

My wallet says 1 active connection to Goldbars network.

IP is in Bulgaria.   78.130.202.203

Sprite160

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 11:59:44 PM

I will miss you wirerogue...

Gold-Bars (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:17:38 AM

I would just like to say that there is quite a lot of talk on a re-launch of this coin as GoldBars 2.0, by doing this we will make it fair for all people involved in the old launch whilst making it fair for new people. This coin may be a week or two of but I am wondering if I should open a thread about it now? We have a few ideas to reward people for their works toward this coin. I understand many people are opposed to IPO's and such but we are contemplating doing it again as the funds that where given can be put towards a various services for this coin such as an online wallet which would not normally be able to have been done due to lack of funds (they can be expensive)
What do you guys think?
Sprite160

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:21:40 AM

LMAO... Arms around monitor now...

coin123123

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:22:31 AM

I would just like to say that there is quite a lot of talk on a re-launch of this coin as GoldBars 2.0, by doing this we will make it fair for all people involved in the old launch whilst making it fair for new people. This coin may be a week or two of but I am wondering if I should open a thread about it now? We have a few ideas to reward people for their works toward this coin. I understand many people are opposed to IPO's and such but we are contemplating doing it again as the funds that where given can be put towards a various services for this coin such as an online wallet which would not normally be able to have been done due to lack of funds (they can be expensive)
What do you guys think?

apperantly this is the fake goldbars and not the other one,
the other bars announced months before this one and it launched yesterday without problems.

i think you should rebrand it.
Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:24:19 AM

What do you guys think?

the other bars announced months before this one and it launched yesterday without problems.

We could do this as well. Call it GoldBullion or something? Although it will still be the GoldBars 2.0.
brammien

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:38:47 AM

What do you guys think?

We could do this as well. Call it GoldBullion or something? Although it will still be the GoldBars 2.0.

Well, maybe if you still do IPO, you give priority to those that were in before or were mining, if they send their old coins. This would least give those of us involved already a fair shot at getting in on this first.
coin123123

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:46:11 AM

What do you guys think?

Also consider in name, not to be confusing with existing coins, and also the short name.

Maybe GoldBits/GBT
Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 12:53:00 AM

What do you guys think?

Well, maybe if you still do IPO, you give priority to those that were in before or were mining, if they send their old coins. This would least give those of us involved already a fair shot at getting in on this first.

Yea, we have already discussed ways to reward those who bought IPO on launch 1 as well as miners.
Gold-Bars (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:00:42 AM

my opinion is probably biased since i have already have 1 goldbar  Grin

i wish you could fix the current coin. like a grand re-opening at dennys.  Wink

if you go relaunch, definitely not 2.0. all that will do is make people wonder where 1.0 is.

let's bump it up a notch. how about platinum bar?

We will include a way to convert old coins  Grin
Also, what names do you like/preffer?
I would rather keep it as gold though xD
sillyputti

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:08:28 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2014, 01:52:31 AM by sillyputti

my opinion is probably biased since i have already have 1 goldbar  Grin

i wish you could fix the current coin. like a grand re-opening at dennys.  Wink

if you go relaunch, definitely not 2.0. all that will do is make people wonder where 1.0 is.

let's bump it up a notch. how about platinum bar?

We will include a way to convert old coins  Grin
Also, what names do you like/preffer?
I would rather keep it as gold though xD

GoldCoin? GDC? it looks like a coin.  

*whoops, already a goldcoin, my bad.
Sprite160

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:10:05 AM

What do you guys think?

I think the idea of giving those who have mined coins a priority for any IPO after the initial IPO holders, sounds like an acceptable plan. However, try to minimize referring to it as "getting in on this first." This is a major turn off to anyone looking at the coin for the first time. They will feel somehow cheated before that coin is launched, and possibly start calling it a scam coin. The chances of someone looking at any new launch and reading anything about the previous launch, to justify anything they deem "fishy", will be minimal. If you have bars you want to use to get priority for any remaining IPO, then let that be between the dev team and you. Mining at this point should only get you the ability to get in on a minimal remaining IPO that should have the dividends spread out over a period of time.  

Sprite160

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:12:31 AM

Damn.. A new Idea.. IPO coin... lets you use them to bid on IPO positions for new coins... You heard it here first.  Any devs interested in creating this coin... PM me.

P2PHash

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 01:14:04 AM

Is there a new source with working wallet now?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: