Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:44:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Was Crypto Started by Western Elites?  (Read 626 times)
alex_gr_cc

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 06:16:06 PM

Western elites favor total centralization. The financial freedoms that people received with the advent of cryptocurrency do not fit into the concept of centralization. Therefore, I am sure that Western elites are not the initiators of the emergence of cryptocurrency.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sama517

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 06:25:22 PM

Please discuss!

I do not have direct evidence either way, but I have come to the conclusion that, if Bitcoin did not exist, the Western elites would have liked to create it in secret.  My indirect evidence includes:

- Bitcoin has not been killed by a combination of regulation, market manipulation, and propaganda after 10 years.  As turbulent as the price has been, Bitcoin has been an excellent long-term bet.  Whatever assault it has suffered, it always seems to survive.

- Bitcoin has taken demand away from gold and silver, which traditionally are the big threats against central bank money.

- If central banks secretly own lots of Bitcoin (we still don't know who really owns "Satoshi's bitcoins!") they will have the best of both the gold-standard and fiat worlds in the future.  (I will explain this when I have time.)
I quite support your view due to my own observations, although stand to be corrected. It is a fact that anything not invented, or liked or supported by the likes of US, Great Britain and France, they all go out to either ridicule or destroy it. This has not happened to Bitcoin despite its ten years of existence.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 06:31:02 PM

If they tried to kill, it could have 2 negatives for the nation states trying to do so:

-They could no longer be able to claim they are "free countries". They would be going full totalitarian on it, hard to defend this for a marketing PoV where you are supposed to be on the land of the free or whatever they like to sell it.
-If they finally tried to kill it, and they failed, they could be seen as impotent and it would only strengthen Bitcoin long term after it recovers.

The theory that SN are the elites and they are custodian of all these coins is also valid, but they would need to move these coins first, which goes against their incentives since there would be a panic sell, so they can't basically move it.

I've always figured they don't desire to kill it because they know they can't. They could facilitate prohibitions and push the price way down, but in the end, they'd probably look impotent. If a government prohibits Bitcoin usage, it also puts them at a potentially great economic disadvantage to other world powers as cryptocurrency businesses flock to friendlier jurisdictions, (bringing growth with them).

If they control the Satoshi coins, they could create a pretty convincing narrative about Satoshi's return (contrasted against Faketoshi's appearance). The appeals to authority would be powerful.

suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2018, 11:51:46 PM

Please discuss!

I do not have direct evidence either way, but I have come to the conclusion that, if Bitcoin did not exist, the Western elites would have liked to create it in secret.  My indirect evidence includes:

- Bitcoin has not been killed by a combination of regulation, market manipulation, and propaganda after 10 years.  As turbulent as the price has been, Bitcoin has been an excellent long-term bet.  Whatever assault it has suffered, it always seems to survive.

- Bitcoin has taken demand away from gold and silver, which traditionally are the big threats against central bank money.

- If central banks secretly own lots of Bitcoin (we still don't know who really owns "Satoshi's bitcoins!") they will have the best of both the gold-standard and fiat worlds in the future.  (I will explain this when I have time.)
I quite support your view due to my own observations, although stand to be corrected. It is a fact that anything not invented, or liked or supported by the likes of US, Great Britain and France, they all go out to either ridicule or destroy it. This has not happened to Bitcoin despite its ten years of existence.
I'm afraid you're right because this are what happening over the decade but if we look the battle which bitcoin have fought and overcome and how Satoshi mail archive look like we can still the Western Elite might be the the started of crypto currency.

duoduoshigexiaozhu

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 05:56:40 AM

This should be related to Wall Street, but not absolute. The rise of cryptocurrencies was created by the global elite. The 2017 cryptocurrency transitioned from elite to financial investors, so bitcoin took off. The next bitcoin takeoff is when cryptocurrency applications become popular.

shinharu10282016

Activity: 700
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 11:04:12 AM

Please discuss!

I'm afraid you're right because this are what happening over the decade but if we look the battle which bitcoin have fought and overcome and how Satoshi mail archive look like we can still the Western Elite might be the the started of crypto currency.

If his assumptions are assumed to be right, I would give these three answers as well.

- It has not been killed by regulation? Look at ETF. Market manipulation? Oh, just look at how whales these thousands of bitcoin like it was nothing in the last 10 years. If bitcoin is a long term bet, why not bet in stocks where you can actually see your money flow in and out right? It will be the same anyway, since it involves money.

- If central banks secretly own lots of bitcoin, they won't ban it and make sure people are going to use it. Number 1 Reason? Money again. Bitcoin works like stocks but is different in terms of decentralization.

- If western people started crypto, why was the whitepaper creator sounded so Japanese? And come to think of it, the person himself is Japanese, they claimed it according to wikipedia.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: