Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:40:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 99%, 53%, 1%, Black, White - It's all retarded.  (Read 881 times)
I.Goldstein (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 05:35:35 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2011, 05:59:22 PM by I.Goldstein

You know what the origin of racism and classism is?

It's bullshit like this: putting people into groups. We have to remember that there aren't any rights that come with being a certain race, gender or class. Rights can only be maintained for living beings, as individuals. A group or race does not think or feel. Only individuals do. So let's focus on liberating ourselves as individuals and not as these groups. That accomplishes nothing and only creates further coercive inequality. All it does is propagate violence and dissent.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:04:45 PM

We have to remember that there aren't any rights that come with being a certain ... class.

Especially the poor, right Atlas?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
I.Goldstein (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:08:28 PM

We have to remember that there aren't any rights that come with being a certain ... class.

What should entitle the poor to anything more than the rich and vice-versa? It's a silly question.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:10:52 PM

What should entitle the poor to anything more than the rich and vice-versa? It's a silly question.
ATLAS CONFIRMED!

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:11:34 PM

Like the right to exist, yeah. Hmm. Time to update my ignore list.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
I.Goldstein (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 06:12:58 PM

Like the right to exist, yeah. Hmm. Time to update my ignore list.
All I am arguing is 'rich' and 'poor' are silly terms. They should all be equal by their status as individuals and not by their class.
Red

Activity: 210
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 07:02:49 PM

Rights can only be maintained for living beings, as individuals. A group or race does not think or feel. Only individuals do.

I think this is silly on face value. Of course groups matter. Human groups are fundamental to humanity. On our own a human is easy prey for any random pack of wolves. As a group... well let's just say roving packs of wolves are no longer a problem.

It is also clear that differences among groups are important. I would much rather belong to the group of smart people. Does that make the group of dumb people sub-human? No. It just makes them uninteresting.
I.Goldstein (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2011, 07:12:06 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2011, 03:23:24 PM by I.Goldstein

I never denied groups don't exist nor their relevance. I just claim they don't have rights. They can't have rights.
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2011, 04:37:39 AM

I never denied groups don't exist nor are their relevance. I just claim they don't have rights. They can't have rights.

I'm all for the individual, but at the end of the day we need to realize that we are human beings -- a group. A group of wonderful, innovative creatures who have done more than any other organism on this planet. You should always be asking yourself "what can I do to solve my neighbor's problems?" Lead by example.

On the subject of rights, I think we all have quite a few. The right to play loud music, for example. We have a responsibility not to.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: