Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:51:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is LEANCY legit?  (Read 2361 times)
precrime3 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 08:44:13 PM

https://leancy.com/
Saw a ad for this place on wheretomine.com , promising a 5% DAILY return on your investment. You can withdraw at any time, and you can look at the previous transactions and stuff. I can easily get $2000, and thats $100 the first day, and more each day, as interest is accrued. Does anyone have experience with this website? And if so, would someone share there story on ROI and how they actually work? Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 08:46:55 PM

10/10 a Ponzi

precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 08:51:16 PM

I believe your referring to a ponzi scheme, in which case im assuming that LEANCY is something i should not invest in? IF so, could you point me to some good securities i could invest in? Im looking at the bitcoin difficulty deriatvie fund and peta mine, but no little about how this market works and would like some pointers. Thanks!

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 09:22:19 PM

I believe your referring to a ponzi scheme, in which case im assuming that LEANCY is something i should not invest in? IF so, could you point me to some good securities i could invest in? Im looking at the bitcoin difficulty deriatvie fund and peta mine, but no little about how this market works and would like some pointers. Thanks!
Stay away from LEANCY, they'll take all the money and run once they have enough.  BDD and Petamine are both good investments, the first for if you think the difficulty will skyrocket, the second if you think it will stay low enough to make a profit Smiley

twentyseventy
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:42:58 PM

Stay away from LEANCY, they'll take all the money and run once they have enough.  BDD and Petamine are both good investments, the first for if you think the difficulty will skyrocket, the second if you think it will stay low enough to make a profit Smiley

Thanks for the the shoutout for BDD - but it isn't necessarily an investment, per se. BDD is broken down into B.MINE and B.SELL - MINE pays out like a 5GH/s mining bond and SELL is essentially a bet that people will overpay for MINE. It's a zero-sum derivative, where each SELL is offset my each MINE.

I'd recommend doing research into mining profitability and Difficulty increases before purchasing either - what really matters is at what price you procure either MINE or SELL and how the Difficulty increases in the future. Both of those variables will affect the return you would see on either.
precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 09:46:36 PM

Mine and sell are intriguing, could you go more in depth? So I get that mine is basically buying a 5gh/s unit, but what is sell?

twentyseventy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:59:29 PM

Mine and sell are intriguing, could you go more in depth? So I get that mine is basically buying a 5gh/s unit, but what is sell?

MINE acts as a 5GH/s mining bond (pays out a little more in some ways, a little less in others) based upon a formula - it pays daily dividends based upon this formula. The fund starts the Difficulty Period with 200 Days of MINE dividends at the current Difficulty level (the price of EXCH).

So, EXCH (which is worth one MINE and one SELL) is worth about 200 Days of Dividends at the current Difficulty. However, the Difficulty will either increase or decrease; it won't stay the same. If the Difficulty increases, then there is excess capital on hand (since the amount equal to 200 Days of Dividends has decreased), and that is paid out to SELL shares. If the Difficulty stays the same or decreases, then MINE is paid out until the funds are exhausted.

The short answer is to calculate what you think a 5GH/s miner will generate over its lifetime (MINE) and subtract that amount from EXCH - then you have your SELL value. See what the market price of both are for each, and then buy the one that is the better deal (or buy EXCH and sell the one you think is overvalued)

This is a bit of an oversimplification, but do take the time to read the contract in the thread and let me know there if you have any questions.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:12:53 PM

As a word of caution, unlike investing in a well-run company (of which there are not that many in Bitcoin-land that take public investments), BDD is not an "everybody wins" scenario. It's a zero-sum game between holders of SELL and holders of MINE and the profits of one are paid by the other. It's not something where if you just randomly throw money at it, you will make a profit. While at current prices you probably won't lose much if you bet on the wrong side of BDD, a loss is still very much a possibility.

Make sure to do your research.

edit: This is not to discredit BDD, as its operation is clearly defined in the contract and it's definitely possible to make a profit with it (as I have). It just serves as a warning that it is not actually a typical investment.
twentyseventy
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:09:11 PM

As a word of caution, unlike investing in a well-run company (of which there are not that many in Bitcoin-land that take public investments), BDD is not an "everybody wins" scenario. It's a zero-sum game between holders of SELL and holders of MINE and the profits of one are paid by the other. It's not something where if you just randomly throw money at it, you will make a profit. While at current prices you probably won't lose much if you bet on the wrong side of BDD, a loss is still very much a possibility.

Make sure to do your research.

edit: This is not to discredit BDD, as its operation is clearly defined in the contract and it's definitely possible to make a profit with it (as I have). It just serves as a warning that it is not actually a typical investment.

This is correct - for each MINE and SELL share pair sold, someone will be on the 'losing side' - there is a finite amount of capital to be distributed between the two. The risk of being on the wrong side is real, so be sure to fully understand the contract before putting any BTC into it. It's complicated and it's definitely not for everyone.
Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:38:01 PM

Saw a ad for this place on wheretomine.com , promising a 5% DAILY return on your investment. You can withdraw at any time, and you can look at the previous transactions and stuff. I can easily get $2000, and thats $100 the first day, and more each day, as interest is accrued. Does anyone have experience with this website? And if so, would someone share there story on ROI and how they actually work? Thanks!

Hold your BTC for a year.  Join #bitcoin-assets on freenode IRC.  Thank me next year.
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:42:03 PM

Thank you for linking to and using my site Smiley

JayFx2

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:40:25 PM

Leancy is fairly new and so far so good. Payout is daily so that is a good thing. I started out small and starting to build up my portfolio. If anyone wants to give it a try. sign up under my referral and see how it goes for you: https://leancy.com/~JayFx2
kevindeangelis

Activity: 448
Merit: 130

3D-Printing goes Blockchain!

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:55:19 PM

Leancy is fairly new and so far so good. Payout is daily so that is a good thing. I started out small and starting to build up my portfolio. If anyone wants to give it a try. sign up under my referral and see how it goes for you: https://leancy.com/~JayFx2

With Leancy (scam or not), I've ended up making much more than than I did with any mining or trading in the same time frame.  Have I made back my original .8btc investment on Leancy? Yes. 

I'm also trying the ro-invest site too.  Just because even though the site isn't as nice, the yields are higher. lol

My obligatory links for both: Smiley
RO-Invest: http://ro-invest.com/?ref=X720I12HDJh1EX5
Leancy: https://leancy.com/~kevindeangelis

Enjoy!

precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 06:31:40 PM

Ill try it out, as it seems like it works... will post my experience here later.

precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 07:28:06 PM

I'll test it out, putting in the minimum deposit required, not risking much. If it does work then hey xD

Duffer1

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:39:40 PM

I'll test it out, putting in the minimum deposit required, not risking much. If it does work then hey xD

You are walking, eyes open, into a trap.  You plan on giving money to people you know to be evil. 
precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 08:29:11 PM

How are they evil?

Rannasha

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:36:11 PM

How are they evil?

They operate a Ponzi scheme while claiming it is a legitimate investment firm.
thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:44:53 AM

If they give you 5% compounded daily return that is definately a HYIP/ponzi, you don't even have to look at there page to tell that, just by the return you mention it just can't be anything else. They will run there scam until they get someone that invests a large enouth sum or until investements dry out then they dissapear forever.
5% compounded interest seen over a year is 54 211 841 times the money. 10 000 usd would become 542 118 415 800 usd in a year, if it were true. With those kind of amounts you could probably run a small poor country, surely you see it's unrealistic return they claim to be offering.

There is no serious business that would generate those kind of returns even for a small amount of time and not be able to get private funding in there nearest surroundings and have to go out to get fundings from strangers.

Even in the btc world, mining and else you woun't see those kind of extreme returns, if you look over time you may under special occations under shorter period of times have been able to get a few % daily interest but when it comes to 40,71% weekly compounded interest like the one you mention you just woun't find investments with steady returns on those kind of levels, if someone would find a nieche thats making those kind of returns on anything it will be done in a small closed private group, not open to public investors.

precrime3 (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 01:24:08 PM

Alright, that makes sense. Thank you:)

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: