Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:52:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To survive the bear market I am chainging my strategy  (Read 312 times)
qiwoman2 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:04:49 PM

I saw all my hard work from doing bounties in 2017 go down the drain this year. My portfolio has gone down 99.4% so I had to do something to survive this terrible ordeal.

1. I switched this week from mainly doing just bounties and holding coins to day trading as a day job, doing some bounties and also long-term holding. I can't afford anymore to live from bounties alone as I don't get paid regularly anymore and some bounties take forever to pay or don't pay at all, so this is not income I can rely upon anymore to pay my bills, mortgage, food etc.

2. I day trade half my portfolio that is left. I take my daily wage out for living costs first from my profits. Then if I make more profit I leave it in Bitcoin and Tether. The rest of the bag I continue trading. At the end of each trading month, I will take out my wages in order to live and survive. The rest of the profits I will grow in three ways, USD, BTC and altcoins of my choice for long-term gains. 

3. In between trading, depending on the time I have I will do my signature campaign and any other bounties I may have time for, like a blog review or a video. From now on I regard bounties as EXTRA INCOME, this way I don't get stressed on when I will get paid because in the last few months I have become very stressed.

4. This way I am ready for all market conditions and am still involved full time in Crypto without putting my home and family at risk. I also found a good way to trade and so far my profit in 2 days has exceeded my expectations. I only need to earn 50 dollars a day to survive and pay all my bills, food and mortgage, but after that, it is pure profit.

5. I hope none of you give up in crypto and remember if you day trade don't fomo ro panic, just look at your bottom line and trade calmly. Let the market talk to you.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
auliahr

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:16:20 PM

all that you have said is true, the bounty can no longer be the main job or the main income for family and daily needs. we need a new strategy or plan to cover all that and I really agree with the trade that you say, but it doesn't seem as easy as we think. because a trade requires the right mental and analysis, to produce a choice that gives profit. by the way, what exchange is your favorite?
tiurminator

Activity: 125
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:43:48 PM

So, it seems crypto is already your full-time job.  You lucky because you already have income from bounties to use for trading.  I plan to do that, collecting money from bounties then trading and invest but a little too late I think.  Market is down and account rank-up is way too hard, almost impossible.  Good luck to your strategy!
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:51:26 PM

If your using this money to pay your bills and food why not just get a regular job?  Unless your economy is like Venezuela you would be much better working a normal stable job in the real world.  Crypto has a lot of luck involved so the risk may be worth it but you will most likely end up in a dire situation.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:55:41 PM

for me, there was a strategy from your list that makes me scared to see that. I'm not sure doing a daily trade on this bearish trend. I just try to do long-term trade. Just try to anticipate another big bearish trend and waiting for the dip. This really works for me personally. but everyone should do a lot of efforts to survive in this trend.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18497

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:34:23 PM

99.4%!? Holy shit. That's what doing nothing but bounties gets you I suppose. You should have sold all the trash bounty tokens immediately for BTC, and you would be in a much better place.

Also, as mentioned above, pretty much any real world job pays better than trash coin bounties.
i7claufe

Activity: 378
Merit: 42

AhrvoDEEX FUTURE OF BROKERAGE TRANSACTIONS

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:45:18 PM

Based on the amount you lost and your rank and the bounties you got. I'm assuming you earned a lot of money from bounties from the past year so even when losing a big portion of your portfolio it is still enough to day trade and earn more than $50 a day. Good job for you. These days, I do a bounty for a 2 - 3 months. I couldn't earn that $50 yet because of how unfair the market is and because of the scams and frauds that are getting a little bit out of hand. Also, I commend you for doing a great job despite the harsh bearish market we are experiencing today. Good job on that!
I daily traded sometimes and I can't earn that much without losing the same amount on the next day.

Awesomus Maximus

Activity: 392
Merit: 66

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:25:06 PM

Sounds like a good plan. I can't imagine being involved full time in crypto. For me this is still a side gig. I'm curious, what trading pairs do you use to day trade and do you use any particular indicators? I don't know if it is possible to make profit all the time, day in day out but I wish you good luck.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:35:53 PM

---Snip--

Thank God, Bear Market make you realize that you should get a real Job. Bounties should be hobby/part time income but should not be method of living.
Anyway I become just curious how much $USD you are making in bounties.

You lucky because you already have income from bounties to use for trading.  I plan to do that, collecting money from bounties then trading and invest but a little too late I think.  Market is down and account rank-up is way too hard, almost impossible.  Good luck to your strategy!

Do you think trading is a free money? You have no idea how badly trading can burn  sometimes leaving everybody clueless and dumb.

I am alive
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 06:48:26 PM

Crypto full time is not bad, it is a convenient strategy that requires only proper planning.

Day trading is good, but it is not everybody's strategy, as an individual, you need to figure out what works for you, what favors your time schedule.

And one of the most important factors is information, don't get fomoed or fud when you are participating in bounty programs , then you are abit save with your bounty rewards.
Always identify whatever works for you, its important to survive every bearish market.
Noobaru

Activity: 504
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 09:45:26 PM

That's good strategy. But maybe you should consider to leave some of your tokens alone, especially those that are invested in some good projects, that have the potential to moon soon. And when they do, you take out lets say 2/3 and leave the rest for future mooning.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Alohadance

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:01:56 PM

I'm absolutely agree with you. Today it's difficult to live only for bounties. Tokens cost very small. Only for long term.
qazgroup

Activity: 1022
Merit: 20

RiveMont

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:08:18 PM

Recent months have been terrible, infact nightmare for altcoin investors and holders, we have seen alts going 10x down from their high marks and ico projects are also 10x down from ico value, although everyone is waiting for bulls to be back anxiously i like your proactive approach to take out something by day trading but i think day trading is also not for everyone and most of people will get trapped and make losses there.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
PutuPartoHarjo

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:11:26 AM

In my opinion, daily trading can indeed be learned if we have full time in this field. But I also believe that the amount of capital will greatly determine the success we get the target we want. And the most important variable is, it might be more effective when done when the trend is rising as it is today.
Shikamaru

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:59:10 AM

Yes, I think there are many ways to survive, and if daily trading is the best place, then why not. It may have principles that are contrary to longterm investment, but everyone has more or less the same goal. But the big profit target will always require balanced capital, so maybe not everyone will be able to produce the same amount.
MEMEX

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:14:24 AM

I think it's easier to trade when the market is in good condition in these two or three days. Maybe your strategy will be tested when the market has a direction we don't want. But of course everyone can take the opportunity, because doing something we believe is more important than what we get.
retnocintaku

Activity: 588

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:24:28 AM

very valuable information. Beforehand thank you for you share this strategy. I think it is indeed a good idea to be able to survive we have strategies respectively. Given this crypto also like bubble, which could burst and also rises at any time.

iBid    ▐    Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain   (❪  ► About us   ► Telegram  ❫)
◾ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬            AN  AUCTION    ❱    All auctions start at    $0
[   ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store   ]  ██ SIGN UP ██  ❱   with no minimum reserve
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 03:37:46 AM

Nice insight to your strategy, it takes great courage not to panic, when you see your portfolio went down by 99.4%,
This bearish market is just a phase, most of our bounty labour will soon pay off. The question is are ready to wait because it's hard to tell when the market will bounce back.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:09:52 AM

I saw all my hard work from doing bounties in 2017 go down the drain this year. My portfolio has gone down 99.4% so I had to do something to survive this terrible ordeal.

i'm sorry but if you have actually lost 99.4% of your investment then you can't survive anything because you are already dead!
for example if you have invested $10,000 now you have only $60 left! that is called being bankrupt...

i also don't understand your "strategy" because you are claiming to have lost nearly all of your money because you did a "long term hold" but then in your strategy you say you are still choosing altcoins for long term holding!
so from what i see, you are making the same mistake again but now you have added day trading profit to your overall strategy.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Eijrafarm

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 05:13:22 AM

Well Yes, we all need to adjust and adopt on what kind of market we are facing in. For us to survive we need to revise our plan and look for a better one for us to be able to gain in this large deep.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: