Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:34:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much money do I need to start my own faucet?  (Read 347 times)
ethantaylor (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:31:57 AM

as i sad one post above XD The bots send the captchas to real humans adn they solve the captcha Wink
So solvemedia is same secure as skript ads or recaptcha or any math captcha or any other captcha ......

regards

I still don't understand. Do you mean bots can't solve Solve Media captchas?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:21:24 AM

as i sad one post above XD The bots send the captchas to real humans adn they solve the captcha Wink
So solvemedia is same secure as skript ads or recaptcha or any math captcha or any other captcha ......

regards

Bots can solve all kind of captcha.There is services like 2captcha that permit to bots solve the captcha without any problem,In fact there is humans behind these services that solve the captchas in behalf of the bots.Ofcourse it's a paid service,it's not worth it to use it on a faucet that pays pennies anyways.

Quick tip:Just make payments manual instead of instant to avoid cheaters and don't go bankrupt.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
ethantaylor (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:53:34 AM

regards

Bots can solve all kind of captcha.There is services like 2captcha that permit to bots solve the captcha without any problem,In fact there is humans behind these services that solve the captchas in behalf of the bots.Ofcourse it's a paid service,it's not worth it to use it on a faucet that pays pennies anyways.

Quick tip:Just make payments manual instead of instant to avoid cheaters and don't go bankrupt.
I see.

How does "making payments manually" detect cheaters?

Aveatrex

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:59:38 AM

regards

I see.

How does "making payments manually" detect cheaters?
Well,if the payments have to be requested first by the users done manually processed by you,the faucet owner you can easily detect if there is fraudulant activity related to the user in question or not.I mean if you see someone requesting a big payment while he didn't register long ago it's obvious he's using bots right?

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
ethantaylor (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:15:50 AM

Well,if the payments have to be requested first by the users done manually processed by you,the faucet owner you can easily detect if there is fraudulant activity related to the user in question or not.I mean if you see someone requesting a big payment while he didn't register long ago it's obvious he's using bots right?

That can be a way of telling who is bot, at the beginning. But after a long time, that way no longer works because every user has become a long-term user. And some long-term users may even sell their accounts to bots.

Aveatrex

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:21:05 AM

That can be a way of telling who is bot, at the beginning. But after a long time, that way no longer works because every user has become a long-term user. And some long-term users may even sell their accounts to bots.
If you want to do it the hardway,implement an anti-proxy/VPN, implement anti-bot links or other anti-bot means in addition to captcha,hire a coder to check your code and do penetration tests and you should be totally fine.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
ethantaylor (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:25:41 AM

If you want to do it the hardway,implement an anti-proxy/VPN, implement anti-bot links or other anti-bot means in addition to captcha,hire a coder to check your code and do penetration tests and you should be totally fine.

Thanks. That seems to be more reliable.

Kema

Activity: 630

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 05:32:52 AM

When I started, I had virtually no clue about cyber security. And let me tell you, it’s an entire field of programming in itself. So, there are a lot of things you can do to limit attack vectors. On the flipside, there are so many different ways you can get hit if someone is really trying.
So, start reading up on it. You will need it at some point...

From my own experience I’ve noticed that once you start hunting bots and malicious code, it quickly becomes a game of judgement calls. Lots of browser compatibility issues to deal with and at the same time, the bots might not even be using a traditional browser. It’s very easy to trip yourself up when trying to lock the site down. I’m still learning new stuff all the time, lol.

Don't just short links, ezLink them!
felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:28:32 AM

regards

haha how you cant understand this Cheesy
What is to missunderstand on this ??
Captchas are the easy part for bots/automatied software s !!!!

regards
ethantaylor (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:34:31 AM

When I started, I had virtually no clue about cyber security. And let me tell you, it’s an entire field of programming in itself. So, there are a lot of things you can do to limit attack vectors. On the flipside, there are so many different ways you can get hit if someone is really trying.
So, start reading up on it. You will need it at some point...

From my own experience I’ve noticed that once you start hunting bots and malicious code, it quickly becomes a game of judgement calls. Lots of browser compatibility issues to deal with and at the same time, the bots might not even be using a traditional browser. It’s very easy to trip yourself up when trying to lock the site down. I’m still learning new stuff all the time, lol.

Sounds complicated. But thanks.

regards

haha how you cant understand this Cheesy
What is to missunderstand on this ??
Captchas are the easy part for bots/automatied software s !!!!

regards

Sorry to say this, but I couldn't understand you because your English is not very good.

Your faucet uses captcha, too. Is your faucet being plundered by bots?

felicita
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:40:55 AM

yes i got also attacked by bots and frauders !
But as i sad now 3 times here . Captchas wont stop bots or automated software !!
sorry  hope this english is better now XD

kind regards
Kema

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 04:03:57 PM

Let me try to interpret.
There are companies in countries with cheap labor, that employ people to do nothing except solve captchas all day.
The bot software sends the captcha to the human workers and the human workers solve the captcha for the bot. If the reward is high enough it is still profitable to pay for this service.
I’m sure there are bots out there who are able to solve captchas on their own as well, but once they start using humans to solve them, there isn’t a whole lot you can do to stop them.

My personal tip would be to create your own custom captcha. You might not be able to stop them from solving it, but you can make it unique and force them to write custom code if they want to solve it. Writing custom code for every little faucet isn’t profitable, especially when you can change it any time you like.
Just my $0.02...

Another option is to create algorithms that limit profitability for automated claimers while not impacting real humans.

ethantaylor (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:35:23 PM

yes i got also attacked by bots and frauders !
But as i sad now 3 times here . Captchas wont stop bots or automated software !!
sorry  hope this english is better now XD

kind regards

Thanks. I see.

Let me try to interpret.
There are companies in countries with cheap labor, that employ people to do nothing except solve captchas all day.
The bot software sends the captcha to the human workers and the human workers solve the captcha for the bot. If the reward is high enough it is still profitable to pay for this service.
I’m sure there are bots out there who are able to solve captchas on their own as well, but once they start using humans to solve them, there isn’t a whole lot you can do to stop them.

My personal tip would be to create your own custom captcha. You might not be able to stop them from solving it, but you can make it unique and force them to write custom code if they want to solve it. Writing custom code for every little faucet isn’t profitable, especially when you can change it any time you like.
Just my $0.02...

Another option is to create algorithms that limit profitability for automated claimers while not impacting real humans.

I'm really curious about how bot softwares "send" captcha to human workers. By any chance, do you know that?

Thanks for the tip of creating my own custom captcha. That's a good idea.

Kema

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 05:42:39 PM

Don’t know any of the details really, I just read an article about how it’s done. It didn’t go into the technical stuff...

Aveatrex

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:23:06 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2018, 12:11:21 AM by Aveatrex

I'm really curious about how bot softwares "send" captcha to human workers. By any chance, do you know that?

It's simpler than you think,really.Each captcha have an ID,the bot scrapes the captcha ID he's facing and use the captcha solver service (Example:2captcha) API to "send" the ID to the service database,then it's solved by a human,that is paid for doing so.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
fufufuwu

Activity: 319
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:05:39 PM

About the starting amount of money you should gather for the faucet, it's a pretty simple process to calculate.
Write down the biggest amount of Satoshi that the user will be able to collect daily. If you will advertise your faucet good enough, or just make an interesting promotion here on the forums or somewhere else, you should expect about 100 to 200 people coming in for the first 3 days.
Now calculate how much would it take to get the advertising revenue, let's say that you are getting the revenue monthly.
So now basically get the max amount of Satoshi per user daily, multiply it by 200 (or more, if you expect more people to come in) and multiply it by 30 days. Now you have the initial starting Satoshi balance to gather, and not run out of money fast! Smiley

Also make sure that your website is secure, so the bots and hackers will not drain it faster than you think.
If you are new into faucets and you are using FaucetHUB API, they have a nice feature to alert you, when a certain amount of Satoshi will drain in a specific time (like 30 minutes).

Good luck Smiley
ethantaylor (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:50:58 PM

Don’t know any of the details really, I just read an article about how it’s done. It didn’t go into the technical stuff...

Okay. Thanks.

It's simplier than you think,really.Each captcha have an ID,the bot scrapes the captcha ID he's facing and use the captcha solver service (Example:2captcha) API to "send" the ID to the service database,then it's solved by a human,that is paid for doing so.

Thank you. Is there any way to avoid that?

About the starting amount of money you should gather for the faucet, it's a pretty simple process to calculate.
Write down the biggest amount of Satoshi that the user will be able to collect daily. If you will advertise your faucet good enough, or just make an interesting promotion here on the forums or somewhere else, you should expect about 100 to 200 people coming in for the first 3 days.
Now calculate how much would it take to get the advertising revenue, let's say that you are getting the revenue monthly.
So now basically get the max amount of Satoshi per user daily, multiply it by 200 (or more, if you expect more people to come in) and multiply it by 30 days. Now you have the initial starting Satoshi balance to gather, and not run out of money fast! Smiley

Also make sure that your website is secure, so the bots and hackers will not drain it faster than you think.
If you are new into faucets and you are using FaucetHUB API, they have a nice feature to alert you, when a certain amount of Satoshi will drain in a specific time (like 30 minutes).

Good luck Smiley

Thanks. So if each of my users can get 300 satoshis per day, my initial starting capital for the first month should be approximately: 300 * 200 * 30 = 1,800,000 satoshis ($116.85 now).

Aveatrex

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:14:05 AM

-
Sadly,no there is no way to avoid that.Just to say that captcha alone isn't enough especially if you are offering a generous amount,so having another uncasual way for users to prove that they are humans is a must.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀