Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:35:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I was hacked. Can we follow the money?  (Read 206 times)
btcstolenargh (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:25:56 PM

Hello,

A hacker (I don't know how) got access to my main e-mail account and from there, he could recover all my secondary e-mails. Unfortunately, I had setup 2FA for most of my accounts but not all of them and he could steal a couple of btc from me (they were in two blockchain.info wallets without 2FA, only e-mail verification...)

I know it's my fault and I can't do anything about it.

However, following the money (the hacker does many dummy transaction to many bitcoins accounts used almost only to forward the money) bitcoins end up in:

1) An address that has received millions of $. Likely an exchange.
2) An address with ONE transaction and the equivalent to 139.000$. This money is sent to two new addresses: an exchange (I think) and a bitcoin address with 80.000$ with this tx only.

Would it be possible to identify the addresses and contact the exchange to block this motherfucker or something like this?

Addresses where money ENDS:

1) https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/37FQTRzACeC2Se7pgXN1WJH7YA75QsHNXJ
2) https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1JuNT9DjmQxXbXjCc67yCf41X6TeajVFbr

If you think this can, somehow, go further and providing the whole traceability helps, please let me know.

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cuong1610

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:52:54 PM

Would it be possible to identify the addresses and contact the exchange to block this motherfucker or something like this?

I think the BTC has been sold to the accounts of the big traders already. I encourage you to change a new account or verify it more carefully, and be more careful when sharing any personal information with anyone. poor you  Cry
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 06:20:58 PM

Sorry that you've gone through this, but this is the nature of crypto currency. It's both a positive and a negative; transactions are final and immutable. In instances like this, however, there is no type of fraud protection or insurance. I hope you learned your lesson: ALWAYS USE 2FA.

Your best attempt is to alert the exchange and to let them know that this is happening. I highly doubt, however, that they will take any action regarding this. I tried a quick search to see if I could find the exchange that these addresses belong to, but to no avail Sad

The first address that you posted was also used as a payout address in a bitcoin-doubling ponzi, so the scammer is also an idiot, FYI. lol

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XbmW0pmCxgoJ:double-bitcoin.top/support/disclaimer/double-bitcoin/double-bitcoin/support/feed/feed/our-company-and-team/index.html+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=bz

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 06:34:55 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2018, 09:20:01 PM by BitMaxz

It usually happens when you use your email password to other websites (mostly phishing site or scam site).

There's no way for now to track them. The first thing you should do now is to take everything important from your email account (like bitcoins from coinbase wallet or altcoins from exchange sites) then delete your account.

You must do this because your email account has been compromised.So even if you add 2fa authentication it is still possible to retrieve the password.

After that recreate a new email account. Make sure that you always use a unique password and don't use it again to other websites.
If you still love your email account you can follow this guide if you are using gmail--->Find out if your account has been compromised

I found a website where you can send the bitcoin address to be listed on the hacker list from here https://bitcoinwhoswho.com

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:39:15 PM

According to BTCforJoe about the first address you can inform someone or an exchange about the address that has been used for payout  then you might be able to identify the hacker's identity if the address has been used to a site that requires KYC for example then the wallet address. You can also inform some exchange site to block the address so that won't be able to exchange what the hacker's want to do. 2FA is a bit annoying but very effective.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
TheBiochemist

Activity: 134
Merit: 2

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 08:08:04 PM

Hello,

A hacker (I don't know how) got access to my main e-mail account and from there, he could recover all my secondary e-mails. Unfortunately, I had setup 2FA for most of my accounts but not all of them and he could steal a couple of btc from me (they were in two blockchain.info wallets without 2FA, only e-mail verification...)

I know it's my fault and I can't do anything about it.

However, following the money (the hacker does many dummy transaction to many bitcoins accounts used almost only to forward the money) bitcoins end up in:

1) An address that has received millions of $. Likely an exchange.
2) An address with ONE transaction and the equivalent to 139.000$. This money is sent to two new addresses: an exchange (I think) and a bitcoin address with 80.000$ with this tx only.

Addresses where money ENDS:

1) https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/37FQTRzACeC2Se7pgXN1WJH7YA75QsHNXJ
2) https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/1JuNT9DjmQxXbXjCc67yCf41X6TeajVFbr

If you think this can, somehow, go further and providing the whole traceability helps, please let me know.

Thank you

Sounds like you should call the police since the exchange sure can´t help you otherwise, the accounts could still be your´s, if there is no KYC on the exchange just forget it, since it still could be you doing all the transactions. For that matter, there might be weak legislation to follow anywa and prolly there will be no investigation unless you loose millions and know someone.

I feel for you and best of luck!

https://hive.blog/@clausewitz
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 08:19:08 PM

Sorry that you've gone through this, but this is the nature of crypto currency. It's both a positive and a negative; transactions are final and immutable. In instances like this, however, there is no type of fraud protection or insurance. I hope you learned your lesson: ALWAYS USE 2FA.

Your best attempt is to alert the exchange and to let them know that this is happening. I highly doubt, however, that they will take any action regarding this. I tried a quick search to see if I could find the exchange that these addresses belong to, but to no avail Sad

The first address that you posted was also used as a payout address in a bitcoin-doubling ponzi, so the scammer is also an idiot, FYI. lol

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:XbmW0pmCxgoJ:double-bitcoin.top/support/disclaimer/double-bitcoin/double-bitcoin/support/feed/feed/our-company-and-team/index.html+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=bz

To add onto this, the adress where your money trail "ends" is where it actually begins.

The second adress 1JuNT9DjmQxXbXjCc67yCf41X6TeajVFbr is used as some kind of intermediary to Binance.

If that adress (1JuN) is held by an individual, it is KYC verified on Binance for sure. (36BTC+ transactions into binance), which makes me think that this is also some kind of exchange/wallet (unfortunately), but i have no clue which one.

1JuNT9DjmQxXbXjCc67yCf41X6TeajVFbr -> 1NDyJtNTjmwk5xPNhjgAMu4HDHigtobu1s (Binance adress) (>Source for this is matbea.net).
https://matbea.net/btc/tx/fba98532efbbbf6a9f79a5c13813ce8c05b48d6ae1bda50520844e864c9401cc

If you could provide the send adress that was used to receive the bitcoins on 1JuNT9DjmQxXbXjCc67yCf41X6TeajVFbr, i could check if your coins actually went through binance.

wizardcrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

www.daxico.com

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:32:19 PM

there nothing you can do because the blockchain is not traceable by facial identity. l will encourage you to put tough and high level security in all you account. also be watchful for the type of link you open with your browser because deep web are stronger than surface web.

btcstolenargh (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:55:17 AM

Thank you all for your answer. It's what I expected.

Thank you as well for your advises. I already changed all my passwords, activated 2FA, recovery e-mail and phone options, etc.
E-mail in exchanges have been changed as well (to my new e-mail account). I recovered access to my e-mail so hacker can't log in anymore (in fact, he was in for only a few hours in the end). In any case, I'm going to burn that e-mail account and only use the new one, just in case.

Bastard, enjoy my 2 btc Sad Let's hope a new altbull run fixes it lol
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:08:20 AM

I already changed all my passwords, activated 2FA
Good job listening to advices Smiley. Good move, even 2FA isn't 100% protection but its best protection you can get in easy way for free.
I must add that im sorry for your loss, 2 BTC its a big amount that can change lives often.
TTshingeki

Activity: 252
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:24:59 PM

It's so Hard.Sorry but I can't help you. I was hacked too and I understand how you feel.
SamCrypto91

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:31:16 PM

I am so sorry, man. If we can find them by tracking this address, bitcoin will not called "security".
codebreakerz991

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:35:30 AM

Well to bad for you . How can he gain access to your gmail accounts if you set 2FA and he must have an access to your phone number confirm you are the user . The possibility is you set it up late or you click a phishing site
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: