Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:12:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc-arbs.com - anybody tried this? Daily interest on BTC deposits  (Read 3737 times)
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:45:50 AM

Already got my withdrawl.  Took a hour. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techemy (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 01:36:49 AM

Withdrawls are 24 or 36 hours. They state this on their website.

I re-invested 5btc 10 days ago. Still cautious. But now sitting at 6.1 btc. Might leave till end of april and see if I can withdawl then.

Thanks for all the imput guys
LeHappyHodler

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:38:34 AM

Le ponzi for sure.  I bet these guys are baiting their trap with stolen coins to begin with.  There is no arbitrage taking place.
jparsley

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 07:17:32 AM

Looks intresting, do u know whem this program started

please unban me.
cesmak
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:09:26 AM

Looks intresting, do u know whem this program started

From their site seems they started from 1st Feb of this year (watching on the "result" page on the calendar)...

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 01:47:41 PM

Sounds dodgy as fuck just from what you've described, I'm not touching that link, there are also newbie members posting about how great it is which just increases my suspicions. If you want more passive Bitcoin income to invest in, find an exchange that does interest payments from the trades they make or invest in some kind of trustworthy dividend stock, always be sure to do your research before hand.
precrime3

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

PM for journalist,typing,and data entry services.

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 01:57:51 PM

I'll try it out, as I'm not a Newby (fairly recent, just hit 24 hours on forums xD) and see what happens.

nanonano

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:07:40 PM

Number one method of recognising scams: calculate the yearly profit percentage from the daily figures they use to confuse. If it sounds too good to be true, then it's too good to be true.

In this case, they advertise 0.1% to 10% daily profits (this should already be a massive warning sign: if you can make an insane 10% daily profit, then you are taking extreme risks and must have days of bad losses as well. These guys claim to only have profitable days). But let's estimate based on their reported profits for the month: they claim to have made about 1.8% profit per day on average. Maybe that sounds like it's possible, but calculate a yearly profit from that first: 100* (1.018^365 - 1) = 67287%

67287% -> SCAM
By the same reasoning BTC is a doomed bubble because it went up 7000% last year. 

Seriously there are problems with your reasoning.   
1) If they are real and successful the yields will drop.  Probably even .1% will become very high at some point.
2) Arbitrage is a real trading method used by very big money in many different markets to get safe high yields.  Clearly high is something less than 67287%.   Still arbitrage can work if you have the resources to pull it off. 

However just because your reasoning is flawed doesn't mean it isn't a scam.   Clearly caution is warranted.   There are many scams in the BTC world.   

Didn't see this reply before... better reply late than never  I guess.

My logic isn't faulty: No-one promised you a 7000% profit from bitcoins -- or if they did, they were scammers. The point isn't that massive profits are impossible or that arbitrage does not work, the point is that massive potential profits mean equally big risks. These guys claim no risk, zero. They seriously claim that every day is not only profitable, but very profitable.

As an addition to the original rule about recognising scams: Even if you start to believe these guys have found the holy grail (a risk-free high-profit investment), you should ask yourself the second question: Why on earth would they give the profits away to some small time internet investors? They could just invest their own money -- even taking a mortgage is no problem since it's totally risk-free Smiley

btc-arbs is a scam, there's no other explanation that passes Occams razor.

I'll try it out, as I'm not a Newby (fairly recent, just hit 24 hours on forums xD) and see what happens.

Do you happen to need any bridges? I have several really good ones on sale.
precrime3

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 02:11:28 PM

What do you mean by bridges?

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 3159

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:56:49 PM

What do you mean by bridges?

He thinks you are gullible because you are giving your money to a scammer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_C._Parker

Testing a ponzi scheme is stupid because the scammer just sits back and watches his scam grow as everyone tests and tests with bigger and bigger amounts. Also, keep in mind that half the people that say they are testing are probably the scammer himself.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
precrime3

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:17:52 PM

Haha lol. How are they making money if you set in a set amount and collect the interests? Im aware of the scam, but how are they making money if you only invest lets say $500, take the interest, and reinvest $500?

LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:18:18 PM

Haha lol. How are they making money if you set in a set amount and collect the interests? Im aware of the scam, but how are they making money if you only invest lets say $500, take the interest, and reinvest $500?

Scenario A:

I "invest" 1BTC.

Sufficient suckers investors sign up, allowing them to pay me a "dividend" (or whatever they're calling it).

I keep my 1BTC "invested".

Sufficient investors sign up, allowing them to keep paying me a "dividend".

I post on bitcointalk that they are great, everyone should invest, and this is, like, totally not a ponzi, dude.

Scenario B:

I "invest" 1BTC.

Sufficient investors sign up, allowing them to pay me a "dividend".

I keep my 1BTC "invested".

Not enough "investors" are signing up, I kiss my 1BTC goodbye.

Scenario C:

I "invest" 1BTC.

Insufficient "investors" sign up, I don't receive a dividend, and when I try to withdraw my 1BTC - I can't Sad

In scenarios B and C they obviously profit. The "gamble" (because that - bizarrely - is how people justify these "investments" to themselves and others) is that scenario A applies, but we have no way of knowing at what point scenario B or C will kick in.

Disclaimer: this is a comment on Ponzi scams in general, not a specific comment on btc-arbs (potential investors/speculators/gamblers will need to do their own due diligence).

This space intentionally left blank.
precrime3

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:22:06 PM

I understand what I'm risking, thanks for your concern. I still want to try it, but im not going to put in more than i can put into a unencrypted wallet or the likes.

LMGTFY

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:24:49 PM

I understand what I'm risking, thanks for your concern. I still want to try it, but im not going to put in more than i can put into a unencrypted wallet or the likes.

Well you asked how they were making their money, and I based my response on that. Not sure what the point of your question was if it wasn't how they make money? Unless... no, that's far too cynical.

precrime3

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:34:05 PM

Lol im no the OP, I just chimining in my .02 USD

LMGTFY

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:36:46 PM

Lol im no the OP, I just chimining in my .02 USD

No, you're definitely the poster I responded to:

precrime3

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 05:37:58 PM

I thought you meant the thread starter.... I do understand, slightly confused. Sorry about that mate.

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4270
Merit: 3159

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:25:32 PM

Simple. They keep your $500. You might collect a few dollars in interest, but they have your $500.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
precrime3

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 10:26:31 PM

Ahh that makes sense. I understand.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: