Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:52:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Energi [NRG] Cryptocurrency for World Adoption | PoS | MN | No-ICO or Premine |  (Read 44117 times)
Harolder

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 04:52:48 PM

While certain aspects of Energi's security and defense departments are centralized, I certainly wouldn't say that Energi is a centralized crypto currency.
There are over 1500 masternodes and thousands of staking nodes making up the network.
I doubt you will find a crypto currency that is more capable of keeping your funds secure and looking out for the average community member.
If you notice how transactions work on the Energi blockchain, the vast majority will be transmitted within about a minute - the only exception to these are deposits to exchanges, where there is a chance that if something were to go wrong, your funds could potentially be lost forever. For this reason, all deposits to exchanges have a 5000 confirmation requirement (taking approximately 3.5 days). That way, the end user has the time to notice that funds have gone missing, report the theft to Energi's defense department E.B.I. and potentially have those funds frozen and returned to the legal owner.
In fact, just this year, the E.B.I. has returned over US$750,000 of NRG to the rightful owners when it was stolen by a notorious scammer that has plagued the crypto space.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
conhecedor

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2020, 09:43:04 PM

energi is not a centralized currency? what more would be needed for it to be centralized Huh

a centralized cryptocurrency goes against everything that satoshi planned, I just think that the team should be more transparent and clearly inform in their communication channels that they have total control over the currency.
ONEnergy

Activity: 120
Merit: 15

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 11:15:46 AM

I was about to invest $ 800 in that currency, but when I saw that it was a centralized cryptocurrency I changed my mind, several countries use the allegations that cryptocurrencies are used for fraud to be able to ban them, when I saw that this cryptocurrency claims that it needs to be centralized to avoid fraud i thought it was a joke, honestly a centralized cryptocurrency is something i thought i would never see, it is the same thing as investing in a central bank currency lol

and I only found out that it is centralized because I ended up in this forum by chance, on twitter and on their website there was no information that it was centralized, I believe that if all investors knew about it they would not have invested, I think that’s why they don’t make it clear that it is a centralized currency.

I suggest you read https://medium.com/energi/the-true-meaning-of-decentralization-1388c7dbb782 to clarify what decentralization in crypto actually means.

15Wny317eHkEUtURMMogcHYUbFtGArWxtS
conhecedor

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 07:09:54 PM

does anyone have control and power over the currency (like being able to BLOCK AND REVERSE TRANSFERS)? if the answer is yes it is CENTRALIZED
stakelover

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 14, 2020, 10:42:33 PM

does anyone have control and power over the currency (like being able to BLOCK AND REVERSE TRANSFERS)? if the answer is yes it is CENTRALIZED

Ahh the old centralized vs decentralized debate rears it's ugly head again.

Blockchain decentralization refers to the distribution of the network hardware and the distributed ledger (aka blockchain) data. The fact that the entire record of the ledger exists on servers in multiple locations all around the world means it's decentralized. No single NODE can effect change on the network and modify the distributed ledger records without consensus of the rest of the nodes on the network, theoretically (51% attacks and such aside). This is the true meaning of decentralization as it pertains to blockchain technology.

However, there are those who believe that the word decentralization refers to the idea that there's no governing body making decisions on the planning, development, and implementation of the project. This is incorrect and it just takes a little bit of time, research, and critical thinking to see the flaw in this line of thinking. Because if you want to use this argument to call Energi centralized, you must apply the same rule to all other projects and determine that they're centralized also.

One of the first things that people tell you to do when you're researching projects is to look at the team.

Here's Energi's team page: https://www.energi.world/team/
See that big list of people with pictures on their team page? They are the ones who are responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the Energi project.
So then by this definition, The Energi project is centralized. Ok, I can go along with that. Let's look at another one.

Here's ChainLink's team page: https://chain.link/team
They too have a group of people who are responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the ChainLink project. I guess they're centralized too.

Let's look at another.

Here's the Bitcoin Core developers: https://bitcoin.org/en/development#bitcoin-core-contributors
Those people are the ones who have been doing the planning, developing, and implementation of the Bitcoin project. Looks like Bitcoin is centralized as well.

The Ethereum Foundation (https://ethereum.org/en/foundation)
The Ripple Foundation (https://ripple.foundation/)
The executive board of Tether (https://tether.to/about-us/)
The LightCoin Foundation (https://litecoin-foundation.org/about-us/)

That's just the top 6 crypto projects by market capitalization. But again, a little research into a project will show that the rest of them all follow a similar structure to one of those I mentioned. So by this definition, any and ALL crypto projects out there are centralized.

None of these projects can operate for very long without direction and leadership and that direction and leadership has to come from somewhere. When that direction and leadership isn't strong, then you have fractured communities. Look at the Ethereum and Ethereum Classic split. Not pretty. And for the record, the fact that a group DID roll back transactions to recover stolen Ethereum was PRECICESLY the reason why that community fractured and there are now two Ethereum projects.

I'm sure you hold positions in at least one of the other projects that I mentioned in this post and you likely haven't complained about them being centralized. So let's just stop using false pretenses to try to make Energi look bad just because you don't like the way they're leading their project.
conhecedor

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 03:14:50 AM

they can block and reverse transfers as they wish Huh ok energi is too decentralized! it's even more decentralized than bitcoin!
stakelover

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 04:23:35 AM

they can block and reverse transfers as they wish Huh ok energi is too decentralized! it's even more decentralized than bitcoin!

Well now you're just being childish. I see that reason and critical thinking elude you. So let me put it this way.

Personally, I like the fact that they can freeze and return stolen funds to their owners. And I'm not the only one. This is no different than your bank being able to do the same thing with your fiat. It's called security - something that is seriously missing on all levels in the industry. The fact that you are so strongly against it tells me that you are either:

1 - a scammer, or

2 - a selfish, greedy troll

Either way it's time to move along now. There's nothing more here for you to see or discuss. You won't be taken seriously from this point on.
eth6032

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 03:13:35 PM

Hy, I have a question on this interesting discussion: the team can freeze and control such transactions just as long as they are not confirmed? Who decides / how is decided which wallet is such a special one that needs more confirmations?
Holukai

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2020, 07:39:36 PM

Hy, I have a question on this interesting discussion: the team can freeze and control such transactions just as long as they are not confirmed? Who decides / how is decided which wallet is such a special one that needs more confirmations?

Basically, any deposit to an exchange has a required 5000 confirmations. This is for EVERY deposit to any exchange since once you trade the coins, they cannot be recovered. The delay allows people to report any theft of their coins and allow the EBI to perform their initial investigation. Upon completion of this initial investigation, if there is enough evidence to prove their has been a crime, the EBI will put in a proposal to freeze the wallet that the victim's funds have been sent to. This requires a masternode vote to pass or the wallet will not be frozen.

So the team cannot just freeze a wallet, there is safeguards put in place to prevent this. Each step in the process requires voting from the masternodes.

You can find more information about the full process, as well as the results of its use already, in the links that were provided in this post above - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4912743.msg55685828#msg55685828

You can confirm my moderator status at the bottom of the post here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4912743.msg44252612#msg44252612
conhecedor

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 10:33:20 PM

First comes the ‘Proof of involvement.’ The person that reports a situation to the EBI must prove that they were involved (i.e., the victim). The user demonstrates this by signing a message from the wallet where the loss occurred.
The user will have to provide sufficient credible data that justify a block. For instance, it’s not enough to say, “all my money is gone.” The user needs to explain what happened in more refined details and provide data supporting their story. If the EBI assesses that the user meets the prerequisites, it will put its stamp on the block proposal, and at least 10% of the masternodes will need to vote for it to go through.
Also, the user will need to put up 1000 NRG as collateral. By requesting this collateral, we avoid malicious abuse of the process. This collateral is only required if the user files the proposal without the assistance of the EBI. However, if they report it to customer support and EBI conducts an initial investigation, the EBI could submit all the process proposals without any collateral required from the user.
Prerequisites for Drain
Second, the user will need to submit a Proof of Claim/Crime. Once the masternodes vote for a block, the real investigation work begins, and the EBI team collects evidence. Once sufficient data has been provided, a drain proposal can be submitted and endorsed.
Third, the victim needs to submit a Proof of Action Fraud Report. If the victim reports a crime, like stolen funds or impersonation, they will have to file an official action fraud report with their local law enforcement authorities and prove that they have done so. This way, the EBI can act knowing that the alleged victim involves real-world police and legal institutions.
Once again, the user must put up 1000 NRG as collateral to submit a voting proposal to the masternodes, and at least 10% of them would have to agree on it.
Prerequisites for Recovery
Last, filling a Know Your Customer (KYC) form. The user must provide legal documentation proving their identity and sign certified documents under penalty of perjury that all their provided testimony and data are accurate.
The recovery would need just 100 NRG as collateral and another masternode vote. If and when all the prerequisites are met, the funds will be returned to the legitimate owner.
Besides this rigorous process, we have several checks and balances to prevent single points of failure. For example, no single EBI agent can handle a case end-to-end. It always requires at least two separate agents to review and double-check the case findings.
Thanks to all these security processes and measures, we have seen a 70% drop in cybercrime.

IF THAT IS NOT CENTRALIZATION I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, BASICALLY YOU HAVE TO TRUST THE COMPANY IN THE SAME WAY THAT TRUST POLITICS TO MANAGE STATE CURRENCY, AND COUNTRIES ALLEGATE THAT BITCOIN IS USED FOR TERRORISM BANGS AND ETC TO GIVE Reasons To BANI-LOOS WHILE ENERGI USA SLAMS AS A REASON TO BE ABLE TO BLOCK AND CONTROL THIS CRYPTOCURRENCIE
Holukai

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2020, 11:14:42 PM

IF THAT IS NOT CENTRALIZATION I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, BASICALLY YOU HAVE TO TRUST THE COMPANY IN THE SAME WAY THAT TRUST POLITICS TO MANAGE STATE CURRENCY, AND COUNTRIES ALLEGATE THAT BITCOIN IS USED FOR TERRORISM BANGS AND ETC TO GIVE Reasons To BANI-LOOS WHILE ENERGI USA SLAMS AS A REASON TO BE ABLE TO BLOCK AND CONTROL THIS CRYPTOCURRENCIE

So you copy and paste the entire thing without reading a word. You completely ignore the fact that IT IS MASTERNODES THAT VOTE WHICH ARE RUN BY ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HOLD 1000 NRG so there goes your centralization claim right there. It is the people who choose to run a masternode which do the voting and there is over 1500 of them currently and a total of over 18 000 000 NRG in there - https://explorer.energi.network/address/0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000319/coin_balances

So continue to rant and rave your lies and lack of comprehension but the basic fact is the process is dependent on the masternodes for voting which are run by other people which in plain English translates to DECENTRALIZED VOTING. I know you will just ignore this but simple facts are facts regardless of what you try to claim.

You can confirm my moderator status at the bottom of the post here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4912743.msg44252612#msg44252612
stakelover

View Profile
December 15, 2020, 11:57:30 PM

Move along Mr. Troll. Find another bridge to lurk under. This is not the project you're looking for. We know it. Now you just have to believe in yourself. You CAN and WILL find what you're looking for. You just have to look in the right place. Here's a hint...this obviously isn't it.
Mergatroid

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 12:15:36 AM

Move along Mr. Troll. Find another bridge to lurk under. This is not the project you're looking for. We know it. Now you just have to believe in yourself. You CAN and WILL find what you're looking for. You just have to look in the right place. Here's a hint...this obviously isn't it.

He already has. Judging by his posts here, his previous posts on the forum in other channels, and the recent spam posts on Energi’s Twitter posts, I would say he is the one in charge of running a scam GVT marketing twitter account getting people to send LTC to him which he likely pockets. I tried looking through the account but the majority is just repeated spam posts and most don’t make much sense. So I think you were correct on your previous post that he is a scammer rather than a troll.

There isn’t a single post on that account that looks like any type of marketing but they accept the LTC being sent to them and move it to exchanges. I would say he is lining his pockets nicely while claiming he is there for marketing. Just another scammer taking advantage of people who don’t know any better.
snickersnee

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 16, 2020, 06:47:57 AM

Do you know what people do when they have no arguments? They are yelling. I hope you find this comment understandable unlike the others which you obviously find a little harder to understand.

Lars8119

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 07, 2021, 07:11:44 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2021, 08:14:52 PM by Lars8119

What i dont understand is why people still are involved in this project,i left just after NRG 2.0 got released and the 5K was implemented.And now with the NRGE crap they are pulling.
NRG is the only one who can mint and transfer from NRG 2.0 and they had a contest just to boost the Uniswap pool to then slowly dump on market for eth.
What a fucking joke Tommy World power and the crew is.they dont even hide it.

I have been kicked from Discord,telegram and Reddit for staing concernes.
The only thing you have now is a huge Echo chamber,and no debate.if you raise your voice you get bombarded by Energizers

Edit:
Oh,and not to mention the Chain splits that happens every other week and they act like it is a normal thing to happen with a block chain(it is a huge issue),Mass adaption is not happening..

Follow this adress:0xa901c5bD7DC9894d9600843b3A8eD502437Ef4A1 leads to this one:0x1d150732862ABad0a9065A74A05E9373A771e93d
ONEnergy

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 04:23:42 PM

What i dont understand is why people still are involved in this project,i left just after NRG 2.0 got released and the 5K was implemented.And now with the NRGE crap they are pulling.
NRG is the only one who can mint and transfer from NRG 2.0 and they had a contest just to boost the Uniswap pool to then slowly dump on market for eth.

The only thing you have now is a huge Echo chamber,and no debate.if you raise your voice you get bombarded by Energizers

Edit:
Oh,and not to mention the Chain splits that happens every other week and they act like it is a normal thing to happen with a block chain(it is a huge issue),Mass adaption is not happening..

Follow this adress:0xa901c5bD7DC9894d9600843b3A8eD502437Ef4A1 leads to this one:0x1d150732862ABad0a9065A74A05E9373A771e93d

Well, to start, NRG 2.0 was long long long before the 5k confirmations. Energi 3.0 was just before the 5000 confirmations. Just with that mistake repeatedly in your post, I question the legitimacy of anything you say already.

Please provide your proof that they are dumping for ETH. This sounds like just your own imagination and certainly explains why you get removed from their platforms. If you're posting this type of stuff with no proof, just your baseless accusations, I would boot you too. Now the one thing you have correct is the fact that Energi minted the first 1 million NRGE and until the next version, you cannot move NRG to NRGE. I might be concerned except that they did this due to community demand to enter into DeFi sooner rather than later so it is kind of expected that the process wouldn't fully be in place.

Actually there is lots of conversation and discussion that anyone on the Discord can see. Sounds like you probably crossed the line (like I stated above) and they decided to remove a user that tries to spread false information and fear.

As to the chain splits, I understand that they are not just copying other code like so many projects but have brought many different possibilities together (like having staking, masternodes (which the 2 together is a 2 layer system), smart contracts and security for their users). Now while the chain splits are a pain, I understand the potential issues that could be run into. If I remember correctly, there was a few Tweets about ETH 2.0 having a chain split right away when they launched. I see it as an issue they are fixing and not the end of the world (yet another reason you likely got the boot).

As to those addresses, yes, both have a connection when it comes to Uniswap and NRGE but I do not see the other connection when it comes to an account that is basically dormant from 70+ days ago and one that became active 10 days ago. There will obviously be some connection since the 70+ day dormant one started NRGE and the other bought some at one point but other than that, I don't see anything directly linking these 2 accounts.

In the end, I still don't understand what you are even doing here almost a year after you left a project. You have some false info to throw around so maybe you just want to try and make them look bad but other than that, it seems like you have more of a grudge rather than anything substantial, based on what you have posted here. Me, when I am through with a project I may write a closing post once I have sold anything I hold but that's about it.

paramind22

Activity: 2618
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2021, 07:11:50 PM

I found out I don't have a balance in my old wallet, that I sold about a year ago. 

I would like to start using a wallet, but the new wallet I downloaded still has the old wallet's address scheme.

How to get around that so I can withdraw from exchanges to my wallet?

paramind22

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2021, 07:15:27 PM

Edit:

And I don't understand how people don't understand that staking a coin with a high enough rate of interest and a good team doesn't produce a ton of BTC for basically nothing except the cost of the coins.  It's not like you have to pay anything to keep a staking wallet on your computer.

ONEnergy

View Profile
January 08, 2021, 07:31:40 PM

I found out I don't have a balance in my old wallet, that I sold about a year ago. 

I would like to start using a wallet, but the new wallet I downloaded still has the old wallet's address scheme.

To withdraw coins from exchange you need MyEnergiWallet. You can create one here: https://wallet.energi.network/account

paramind22

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2021, 11:08:47 PM

To withdraw coins from exchange you need MyEnergiWallet. You can create one here: https://wallet.energi.network/account

Thanks.  Does this stake, and if so, what %?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: