Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:43:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to save money on a long-term period  (Read 4089 times)
Mespirst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 06:41:03 AM

How to save money on a long-term period or an essay on black metal.
       This is the translation of my original article. The original is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4452770.0

I apologize for my English. This is not my native language and I have to use an automatic translator. But I think that you will understand my main thoughts.

Hello friends! Bitcoin is cool. I am an enthusiast of bitcoin and I hope for his growth. But periodically, all holders have to face problems. In this topic, I would like to share with you my idea (and experience) on how to keep the constant value of your money (and even multiply it by a percentage higher than inflation) over the long term. What do I mean by long-term? Period of time in the range from six months to several years and even up to tens of years. The latter is also possible (I think so), although, personally for me it is more of a theoretical interest.
Why is this relevant and how is it related to the cryptoworld? I think that you already guessed). It's wonderful to be a holder and a tractor) crypts on bull (and, especially, a long bull market), but from time to time come to us very different times. Yes, from time to time long bear markets come to us. As an exemplary example of such a market, you can cite the year 2014, when almost the whole year bitkoyn, and with it the rest of the crypt, basically fell.
       I foresee a similar scenario in the not-too-distant future; of course, after the cue ball is once again otzemunitsya (well, if it really happens).
       So, suppose that you are an investor with some margin of crypt. Let's say that you were able to correctly anticipate all the roller coaster growth and the beginning of the bearish crypt market. There are signs that this is serious and for a long time. You'll have to wait for turbulent times in fiat or its steeblechkan equivalents.
But!:
Will it be right to keep money in fiat on a long-term basis? (by default, we mean that the fall will be indefinitely - long, from six months to several years - the bitcoat cycles are stretched).
     Finite money for long-term storage has many drawbacks. Firstly, whatever they say, and Fiat - it's just pieces of paper and figures in the database (in the case of a non-cashier), not protected against rampant inflation (which, by the way, is very different from officially stated). Nobody and nothing can prevent the state from printing these pieces of paper and tsiferok as it deems necessary. A real example before our eyes is the depreciation of the ruble against the dollar in 2015 +/- 2 times and the subsequent price increase. In my opinion, only solid material assets (or bitkoyn can protect you from such devaluations, but it, as we agreed, in this case is in the hands of bears). Below I'll talk about this in more detail, and now a little about how I came to the conclusion about the effectiveness of saving funds in black metal. I came to this idea spontaneously - intuitively.
    In 2014, I thought about building a house with a garage, more precisely, first about the general extended foundation for them. For these purposes, I purchased a sufficient number of metal fittings. I bought with a decent amount of this excess, as I kept in mind another building object. After the construction of the foundation, the majority of the reinforcement remained, however, and the construction season was crumbling. For a while I forgot about my metal. He was lying on my plot in front of the future garage with a huge heap (tied up). I remembered about the valve only in 2015 after the devaluation of the ruble. And I was pleasantly surprised at the preservation of the value of my money))). I tried to test the remaining metal. After the announcement on Avito, several real sellers responded at once, which pleased me pleasantly. They were ready "right now" to buy up all of my armature.
Although the price I put even higher than the market ... it's by the way, eloquently speaks about the liquidity of black metal. This gave me serious food for thought and I ... changed my mind about selling, and used metal for construction on another of my real estate properties. But the very idea of ​​keeping the value in black metal, as they say, has deeply sunk into my soul. I realized that in this capacity, black metal, perhaps, would plug the belt and gold and real estate and, even more so, cash (there were crypto accumulations at the time, but no one knew how long this "exhausting flat" would last) . Before the next crisis in the crypt (the current one I do not consider a crisis), I plan to decently recoup with black metal. Most likely in the form of reinforcement, it can be profile and round pipes, most running sizes)
      And now let's compare in order the black metal as a means of preserving value with cash, gold, real estate and, for example, antiques).
      1.) Black metal and cash
1. "Internal Value" (hereinafter referred to as the consumer value). Cash has no intrinsic value; they are unable to perform functions other than exchange (for other money, assets or goods). That is, theoretically they can depreciate completely (a fantastic scenario, but nevertheless). Black metal can always be used for its intended purpose in construction.
2. Stability of value on the long-term. In the long term, Fiat is gradually depreciating, black metal is not. It, of course, can rust, but we mean responsible dry storage indoors. The joke is that my armature was lying open for several years. It is a bit rusted, but no one pays any attention to it, the cost is preserved).

3. Compactness
Black metal is not as compact as various forms of fiat money, but it is not necessarily seen as a drawback. But it's not so easy to steal it). Compare that it's easier to steal: a bundle of banknotes (crack non-cash money) or a ton of black metal))).

2.) Black metal and gold.
Gold has many of its forms, each of which is not very convenient for long-term storage:
Gold bars (hemorrhoids with banks, registration, difficulties in selling back, state monopoly and seller bank, unfair prices for you.) If you store gold in a bank, you pay decently for storing your gold, as a result your savings melt)
- Investment coins. Again, you will trade with the bank in a way that is not profitable for you, because you are in unequal relations with it.
- Jewelry. The problem with the sale. There is no uniformity, each product is unique. A substantial part of the price contains the work of a jeweler, which your buyer can evaluate.
- Various forms of non-material gold ("paper gold", assets tied to gold, various derivatives on / from it) Intangibles here are the main minus.
Gold loses to black metal in practical use. In the regulation and limitations of its turnover. In too great a variety of forms and the absence of rigid unification (which could have a positive effect on liquidity)

3.) Black metal and real estate
Real estate loses to black metal:
1. The need to register transactions in a specially created for this purpose state institution
2. Real estate objects are too diverse and not uniform, which can make their sale more difficult. Each property is unique in its own way.
3. Black metal has a "volume flexibility". You can buy a little more or a little less in a fairly large range. The real estate object needs to either buy in its entirety or not buy at all ("take what is given")
4. Black metal is mobile)
5. Buying a property you "buy" and neighbors and infrastructure that may wish for the best and with what (and with whom) you have to put up. With black metal, this is not necessary.

4.) Black metal and antiques
Antiques can be uncomfortable for a novice investor. In it it is necessary to understand. It takes years to develop competence. This is a separate occupation. Again, internal heterogeneity and a huge variety of antiques can affect liquidity. In regions and small towns this direction may be undeveloped (and most likely not developed). The practical importance of black metal is much higher than that of antiques. I think that in a crisis this is manifested more strongly.
 So, I briefly outlined the prospects for investing in ferrous metal. We can say that this is one of the ideal instruments that hedge the risks of crypto currency. But does black metal have drawbacks? Unfortunately - yes, more precisely, I would say, features. More precisely, I see only one feature - a disadvantage. For a resident of a city, especially a large one, owning an asset such as ferrous metal may not be very convenient). All the same, you need a garage, or some kind of storage space on the property rights or opportunities for free access. Friends, that's all. Write how you wait for the bearish long-term markets)

09/09/2018
Many people who comment on my topic, do not read my arguments at all. And do not know what it's written about. I am writing about the preservation of funds from depreciation during the BEAR PERIOD in the bitokoin market. Of course, when the bull will begin and the currency will begin to grow, there is no longer any need to keep funds in black metal.
   The people write nonsense about the fact that you need to put money in the bank, that you need to cut unnecessary costs and so on. This all has nothing to do with the subject of  topic. The desire to put money in the bank to save the cost of their money - for me this is a sign of low intelligence.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.metall does not have a hard fork
2. It is impossible to forget or lose a private key
3. He will never depreciate to zero, he will always have a practical application.
4.He will never have more technological competitors.
5. Black metal does not become obsolete
6. Black metal has no errors in the code, + it can not be hacked by hackers
6. It has no attack risk of 51% and all other attacks
7. He will never be banned by the government
etc///

Nowadays we have many options for making long term savings, provided you have enough income that you can save something from you income after meeting your expenses. There are so many options like real estate, precious metals like gold, share market, crypto market, etc. if you want cannot take the risks of daily fluctuations then you should open a bank account for long term savings. This will also make sure that your savings increase with time.
Cryptocurrencies are better than banks.You can access your money anytime anywhere you don't need to stand in lines just one click and your payment in your hands.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BagzMM

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 07:10:59 AM

In my opinion, saving money is very important for it is the future of our family. We can save money for long term if we have a good business and investment.
ValerieBTC

Activity: 153
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:06:03 AM

How to save money on a long-term period or an essay on black metal.
       This is the translation of my original article. The original is here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4452770.0

I apologize for my English. This is not my native language and I have to use an automatic translator. But I think that you will understand my main thoughts.

Hello friends! Bitcoin is cool. I am an enthusiast of bitcoin and I hope for his growth. But periodically, all holders have to face problems. In this topic, I would like to share with you my idea (and experience) on how to keep the constant value of your money (and even multiply it by a percentage higher than inflation) over the long term. What do I mean by long-term? Period of time in the range from six months to several years and even up to tens of years. The latter is also possible (I think so), although, personally for me it is more of a theoretical interest.
Why is this relevant and how is it related to the cryptoworld? I think that you already guessed). It's wonderful to be a holder and a tractor) crypts on bull (and, especially, a long bull market), but from time to time come to us very different times. Yes, from time to time long bear markets come to us. As an exemplary example of such a market, you can cite the year 2014, when almost the whole year bitkoyn, and with it the rest of the crypt, basically fell.
       I foresee a similar scenario in the not-too-distant future; of course, after the cue ball is once again otzemunitsya (well, if it really happens).
       So, suppose that you are an investor with some margin of crypt. Let's say that you were able to correctly anticipate all the roller coaster growth and the beginning of the bearish crypt market. There are signs that this is serious and for a long time. You'll have to wait for turbulent times in fiat or its steeblechkan equivalents.
But!:
Will it be right to keep money in fiat on a long-term basis? (by default, we mean that the fall will be indefinitely - long, from six months to several years - the bitcoat cycles are stretched).
     Finite money for long-term storage has many drawbacks. Firstly, whatever they say, and Fiat - it's just pieces of paper and figures in the database (in the case of a non-cashier), not protected against rampant inflation (which, by the way, is very different from officially stated). Nobody and nothing can prevent the state from printing these pieces of paper and tsiferok as it deems necessary. A real example before our eyes is the depreciation of the ruble against the dollar in 2015 +/- 2 times and the subsequent price increase. In my opinion, only solid material assets (or bitkoyn can protect you from such devaluations, but it, as we agreed, in this case is in the hands of bears). Below I'll talk about this in more detail, and now a little about how I came to the conclusion about the effectiveness of saving funds in black metal. I came to this idea spontaneously - intuitively.
    In 2014, I thought about building a house with a garage, more precisely, first about the general extended foundation for them. For these purposes, I purchased a sufficient number of metal fittings. I bought with a decent amount of this excess, as I kept in mind another building object. After the construction of the foundation, the majority of the reinforcement remained, however, and the construction season was crumbling. For a while I forgot about my metal. He was lying on my plot in front of the future garage with a huge heap (tied up). I remembered about the valve only in 2015 after the devaluation of the ruble. And I was pleasantly surprised at the preservation of the value of my money))). I tried to test the remaining metal. After the announcement on Avito, several real sellers responded at once, which pleased me pleasantly. They were ready "right now" to buy up all of my armature.
Although the price I put even higher than the market ... it's by the way, eloquently speaks about the liquidity of black metal. This gave me serious food for thought and I ... changed my mind about selling, and used metal for construction on another of my real estate properties. But the very idea of ​​keeping the value in black metal, as they say, has deeply sunk into my soul. I realized that in this capacity, black metal, perhaps, would plug the belt and gold and real estate and, even more so, cash (there were crypto accumulations at the time, but no one knew how long this "exhausting flat" would last) . Before the next crisis in the crypt (the current one I do not consider a crisis), I plan to decently recoup with black metal. Most likely in the form of reinforcement, it can be profile and round pipes, most running sizes)
      And now let's compare in order the black metal as a means of preserving value with cash, gold, real estate and, for example, antiques).
      1.) Black metal and cash
1. "Internal Value" (hereinafter referred to as the consumer value). Cash has no intrinsic value; they are unable to perform functions other than exchange (for other money, assets or goods). That is, theoretically they can depreciate completely (a fantastic scenario, but nevertheless). Black metal can always be used for its intended purpose in construction.
2. Stability of value on the long-term. In the long term, Fiat is gradually depreciating, black metal is not. It, of course, can rust, but we mean responsible dry storage indoors. The joke is that my armature was lying open for several years. It is a bit rusted, but no one pays any attention to it, the cost is preserved).

3. Compactness
Black metal is not as compact as various forms of fiat money, but it is not necessarily seen as a drawback. But it's not so easy to steal it). Compare that it's easier to steal: a bundle of banknotes (crack non-cash money) or a ton of black metal))).

2.) Black metal and gold.
Gold has many of its forms, each of which is not very convenient for long-term storage:
Gold bars (hemorrhoids with banks, registration, difficulties in selling back, state monopoly and seller bank, unfair prices for you.) If you store gold in a bank, you pay decently for storing your gold, as a result your savings melt)
- Investment coins. Again, you will trade with the bank in a way that is not profitable for you, because you are in unequal relations with it.
- Jewelry. The problem with the sale. There is no uniformity, each product is unique. A substantial part of the price contains the work of a jeweler, which your buyer can evaluate.
- Various forms of non-material gold ("paper gold", assets tied to gold, various derivatives on / from it) Intangibles here are the main minus.
Gold loses to black metal in practical use. In the regulation and limitations of its turnover. In too great a variety of forms and the absence of rigid unification (which could have a positive effect on liquidity)

3.) Black metal and real estate
Real estate loses to black metal:
1. The need to register transactions in a specially created for this purpose state institution
2. Real estate objects are too diverse and not uniform, which can make their sale more difficult. Each property is unique in its own way.
3. Black metal has a "volume flexibility". You can buy a little more or a little less in a fairly large range. The real estate object needs to either buy in its entirety or not buy at all ("take what is given")
4. Black metal is mobile)
5. Buying a property you "buy" and neighbors and infrastructure that may wish for the best and with what (and with whom) you have to put up. With black metal, this is not necessary.

4.) Black metal and antiques
Antiques can be uncomfortable for a novice investor. In it it is necessary to understand. It takes years to develop competence. This is a separate occupation. Again, internal heterogeneity and a huge variety of antiques can affect liquidity. In regions and small towns this direction may be undeveloped (and most likely not developed). The practical importance of black metal is much higher than that of antiques. I think that in a crisis this is manifested more strongly.
 So, I briefly outlined the prospects for investing in ferrous metal. We can say that this is one of the ideal instruments that hedge the risks of crypto currency. But does black metal have drawbacks? Unfortunately - yes, more precisely, I would say, features. More precisely, I see only one feature - a disadvantage. For a resident of a city, especially a large one, owning an asset such as ferrous metal may not be very convenient). All the same, you need a garage, or some kind of storage space on the property rights or opportunities for free access. Friends, that's all. Write how you wait for the bearish long-term markets)

09/09/2018
Many people who comment on my topic, do not read my arguments at all. And do not know what it's written about. I am writing about the preservation of funds from depreciation during the BEAR PERIOD in the bitokoin market. Of course, when the bull will begin and the currency will begin to grow, there is no longer any need to keep funds in black metal.
   The people write nonsense about the fact that you need to put money in the bank, that you need to cut unnecessary costs and so on. This all has nothing to do with the subject of  topic. The desire to put money in the bank to save the cost of their money - for me this is a sign of low intelligence.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1.metall does not have a hard fork
2. It is impossible to forget or lose a private key
3. He will never depreciate to zero, he will always have a practical application.
4.He will never have more technological competitors.
5. Black metal does not become obsolete
6. Black metal has no errors in the code, + it can not be hacked by hackers
6. It has no attack risk of 51% and all other attacks
7. He will never be banned by the government
etc///

Did you copy and pasted this or you just made out time to write all this? This is very long to read and not everyone has that time lol… Try to make your post short for those who don’t really have time. There are ways you can contain your words and make it simple and also reducing it. And what’s your main point in all these, that we should start investing in black metal? 😐 OK that’s good, but know that’s not the only way to save money there are other means to save money too.
Lauff

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 08:11:48 AM

saving money in the long run is very easy to do if you don't need your assets to increase, you just have to save it in the bank, but if you want your assets to increase your food you can invest in crypto currency, but my advice do not invest all if you haven't handled the currency crypto
JustinYoko

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:30:14 AM

If you want to save money in the long term, you should plan ahead to do it wisely. Do not waste your money, Every penny you spend on things that do not need to come back is a co-you can't save for the future. Cancel monthly payments and anything else you no longer need. Jogging outdoors instead of paying for a gym membership card. You should have a certain spending plan: Make a list of scheduled expenditures before every week, every month. That way, you'll have to consider before spending an extra budget that you've set before. Investment is one of the most effective ways of investing, which is also a form of long-term savings. However, due to many risks, many people still can not comfortable when embarking on the stock market or real estate. Bank deposit is also a good option.
wolfdragon

Activity: 66

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 09:48:39 AM

saving money in the long run is very easy to do if you don't need your assets to increase, you just have to save it in the bank, but if you want your assets to increase your food you can invest in crypto currency, but my advice do not invest all if you haven't handled the currency crypto

Yeah, better to learn more strategies and techniques so we can be able to avoid losing a lot in cryptocurrencies. But holding of assets can surely give us huge profit in the future.
Yadamosan

Activity: 193

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 11:32:09 AM

First of all you need to keep your money then if you have exact money invest it on the entrepreneur then make it grow and if your money got grow invest it in another entrepreneur. Everytime your money is growing you should be a economical to make your money big and buy some business then grow it then all the money your getting, save it on your bank account. To save money for a long term period you should be a wise business man.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:19:56 AM

Cryptocurrencies are better than banks.You can access your money anytime anywhere you don't need to stand in lines just one click and your payment in your hands.
There is always that compelled force to HODL when it comes to cryptocurrency and normally for people who certainly have problems saving in the past, they usually just find themselves, succumbing to the market for capital gains in the long run.

I understand the OP with the whole black metal thing and sometimes that is the main idea behind investing on its own rather than leaving your money hanging. There are certain things you can do with money, which you'd be surprised at how they can bring in such a great value in the long run.

Actually, the thing with cryptocurrency is that it sets one mind to the idea that you are investing into the future and apparently, until you are able to profit enough from it, before you can even decide to opt out a little bit. That is the mindset virtually everyone has, most especially for those who are just joining the train. Yes, that kind of mentality can compel someone to save, but should naturally not be the only reason to save, as it could be in fiat or any other means, it only takes principle and dedication to do it.
Brangos99

Activity: 186

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 12:02:57 PM

How to save money in the long run, you can do it by saving money you have in the bank. Although interest rates are not a major consideration for most customers, fixed interest has an impact on the funds saved. Actually the benefits of flowers are not many. However, if you save for a long time and the funds saved from time to time get bigger, then the savings interest will provide significant benefits.
playbtcgame

Activity: 258
Merit: 100

Co-founder Love Air Promise

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:43:35 PM

I personally save money by keeping them at the bank or with friends I really trust. I see it to be better saving at banks because I was once disappointed by a friend when o seriously needed money I am accumulating for a project.

PeachPam

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:26:27 PM

Such a great topic you have here. Thanks for your advice. Hope I will have a chance to use it
Experia

Activity: 924
Merit: 265

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:46:37 PM

I personally save money by keeping them at the bank or with friends I really trust. I see it to be better saving at banks because I was once disappointed by a friend when o seriously needed money I am accumulating for a project.

we have different ways to save a money but for me it is better to keep it on the crypto market save it in a secured wallet and let it go with the flow of the price of bitcoin unlike in the bank yes it is safe but the interest rate is too low.
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 07:46:12 PM

to save money on a long-term period, you should work hard and do not spend more than what you earn. It's all about attitude on how will you control yourself not to buy unnecessary things. it's also wise to invest money with high interest or invest it in a stable Stock or Company.

Norihiro

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

APOLLOX Protocol

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:30:11 PM

Price of all metals are formed by interested parties as well, it is more like a tradition, they don't have practical use and they can be actifically synthesised today as well...I think that crypto is better.

PERSISTENCE   //   BUY XPRT now!
●✦●───●✦●───  Protocol Powering Next-Gen Financial Products  ───●✦●───●✦●
│██ ██ ███ █████   DeFi    NFT    PoS  █████ ███ ██ ██│
HarmonyA

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 09:38:50 PM

The easiest way to save money is by investing in viable projects. This saves your principal and increases it with interest. Investments are fixed assets, especially the one whose outcome is already predetermined. But while investing, have other source of sustainance
Marcsymon

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:30:13 PM

The easiest way to save money is by investing in viable projects. This saves your principal and increases it with interest. Investments are fixed assets, especially the one whose outcome is already predetermined. But while investing, have other source of sustainance

Agree. In addition we must be always practical in terms of profit assurance. What I mean is that make a business plan when you will do your investment for having profitable outcome. Taking long term investment plan is a wiseful idea of saving money in a right time, but it takes us time to wait especially with bullish market.
qumeijia

Activity: 166
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:10:49 PM

To save money for long term period without expecting ROI or make more profit form the money, Bank is definitely the best entity of financial service. As you said that it is probably a sign of low intelligence but many people do it. But if you mean that saving money for make more profit obviously Banks perhaps is not be the best decision.
Spending in lands, housing. golds or others properties are the very recommended.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 11:41:19 PM

Everyone of us have tried and attempted to save money, but not all have succeeded. Saving moeny becomes challenging for most pf the people because it is a matter of consistency. Saving money can only be successful if we are consistent about executing it. However, saving money on a long-term period is also one different thing since consistency with the ability to grow your savings is a must. Hence, investing it on a business or in a stock market is one. Engaging also in any legitimate income-generating work is also one. You can also invest on something that you think that the value will increase as the time goes by just like precious stones and metals in jewelries, land areas or lots, and of course, securing your savings in a bank.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Macai

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:05:08 AM

If we are talking about just saving money here, well time deposit is the best though you will not expect  big ROI, because you did not invest but to just allow the bank to keep it. It is much better if you invest atleast you will gain.
Yadstiker

Activity: 373

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:24:33 AM

If we are talking about just saving money here, well time deposit is the best though you will not expect  big ROI, because you did not invest but to just allow the bank to keep it. It is much better if you invest atleast you will gain.
You have a good point, if you really want to save money you can actually put it on your online wallet, exchanges or deposit it in your bank. Investing your money is a great idea it will make your money growth more aside of that the benefits you may actually get if you were thinking about the future outcomes.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: