Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:42:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: where to buy a trezor/VTC with paypal ?...  (Read 195 times)
aliitp (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:08:27 PM

This sounds like a silly questions but am gonna buy the trezor but unfortunately the official store does not support paypal, only CC or BTC, so were to buy BTC with PayPal, or is there any TRUSTED place to buy trezor with paypal ??...  Huh Huh

thanks,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6106

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:25:23 PM

It's already answered in their FAQ. You cannot so you'll have to buy bitcoins using PayPal and then buy the Trezor: https://doc.satoshilabs.com/trezor-faq/eshop.html#i-don-t-have-any-bitcoins-can-i-pay-with-credit-card-paypal-or-wire-transfer

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:37:37 PM

You cannot so you'll have to buy bitcoins using PayPal and then buy the Trezor
Remember always that you pay premium on bitcoin price with Paypal because of fraud risk.
Paypal and Bitcoin is not got marriage. Best would be to Paypal --> bank --> bitcoin --> rest
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:32:58 PM

I actually struggled to find somewhere to buy bitcoin myself using PayPal a while back, and as earlier poster said, I don't think there's any way to buy 1:1 so to say. it's either buying things like gift cards and selling them on "paxful.com", but with a huge % loss. or you could try this:
https://medium.com/@briananderson_99612/how-to-purchase-bitcoin-btc-using-paypal-1cb1a66fd19e
I never did myself, seemed problematic.

unless you can buy via like ebay perhaps if there's authorized sellers? but, surely the smartest way to go about it would be simply withdrawing. or maybe sending it to a friend who could buy for you or something.

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:55:58 PM

https://trezor.io/resellers/

That's the official list of Trezor resellers. There MUST be a few who do Paypal. One of the UK ones is on Ebay.

I'd still try and obtain BTC and buy direct myself. Fuck using Paypal to do it. You must have other options.
gorkem

Activity: 868
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:11:02 PM

You can buy trezor on their official site, but I'm propose your buy new version Model T. But I'm payed from my mastercard and get it on DHL
aliitp (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:43:46 AM

https://trezor.io/resellers/

That's the official list of Trezor resellers. There MUST be a few who do Paypal. One of the UK ones is on Ebay.

I'd still try and obtain BTC and buy direct myself. Fuck using Paypal to do it. You must have other options.

Thanks a lot i did order one thanks to you  Wink
PoohSup

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:59:53 PM

Why is Trezor better that just using Bitcoin Core on a laptop?
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:07:39 AM

Because Trezor is effectively a cold wallet; it doesn't expose your private keys online ever. It's been invulnerable to remote attacks so far.

Bitcoin Core is also safe, but because your keys are stored in an online device (though it can be used offline), it has more possible attack vectors.

PoohSup

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 03:58:40 PM

Because Trezor is effectively a cold wallet; it doesn't expose your private keys online ever. It's been invulnerable to remote attacks so far.

Bitcoin Core is also safe, but because your keys are stored in an online device (though it can be used offline), it has more possible attack vectors.

It appears to me that Trezor offers smaller attack surface which is great. Am I correct by ordering these by safest first:

1 - Cold storage (i.e. paper, usb in a safe) only for long term storing
2 - Trezor
3 - Bitcoin Core

BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:55:02 PM

It appears to me that Trezor offers smaller attack surface which is great. Am I correct by ordering these by safest first:

2 - Trezor
3 - Bitcoin Core

with a trezor, even if you wanted, you can never know the private key, nor can any computer or virus or any other person!
a piece of paper or an usb is safe aslong as the entire process of generating your key and writing it down, was done properly. it's simply easier and much more convinient to use trezor, but it also costs.
I wrote some more about this here  Grin

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:48:27 AM

-snip-

2 - Trezor
3 - Bitcoin Core

That's about right in my opinion. Cold storages should come with fine print that says "if set up correctly" though, because you do need a tiny bit of technical knowledge to create one perfectly. I would also like to note that the gap between 1 and 2 is much smaller than the gap between 2 and 3, just by courtesy of 1 and 2 being offline storages (and to a smaller extent, Trezor being open source).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: