Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:30:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Boxing]: Ryan Garcia vs Javier Fortuna - July 16  (Read 2020 times)
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 805

View Profile
July 18, 2022, 04:29:33 AM

One critic though is that Garcia fought a 135 pounder in 140 lbs division, so he has all the advantage and the leverage in this fight and he do had to do, that is to knockout a 135 lbs.

And then again, he call Davis, so which weight they are going to face? 135 or 140? He said that he won't back down in weight for nothing? So really confusing as to what Ryan is trying to accomplish, and which weight category he wanted to stay?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inwestour

Activity: 994
Merit: 947

View Profile
July 18, 2022, 06:30:46 AM

Just by watching Garcia's fight against Fortuna, I don't see that he can beat Davis. Maybe that's also the reason why he added some weights because he knows that he can't beat Davis. Davis is a very good and strong counter puncher and just by looking on how he defeated Romero in his last fight, I don't think Garcia can but anything can happen. One punch can change everything. Many are waiting for Garcia-Davis fight and if they will fight this year then it would be a fight of the year candidate Cheesy.
In the fight with Fortuna, Garcia dominated from the very beginning, I wanted to believe that the fight could be more equal. But Fortuna tried to inflict some significant blows only in the second round, but to no avail. I didn’t understand what happened in the fourth round, Fortuna fell to his knee after the push and for some reason threw a mouth guard into the ring, what was it, he tried to rest? Smiley By the way, Garcia was throwing strong punches from the first round, he didn't try to save his strength, apparently, the calculation from the very beginning was for a quick end to the fight. In the fifth round, Garcia hit Fortuna well in the head, it was beautiful, but Fortuna got up and even snap. But the difference in the class of boxers was very noticeable, Garcia hits harder and he significantly outperformed his opponent in speed. In the sixth round, everything ended with a knockout, perhaps Fortuna could have stood up to continue the fight, but he simply understood how superior Garcia is.

Whether Garcia was able to spend all 12 rounds so actively, we again will not know, since his opponent was not as hardy as I originally thought. I think that one day Garcia will get an equal tougher opponent and then his strategy may not work for all 12 rounds. In the meantime, he feels confident, congratulations to him on another victory!
Baofeng (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655

View Profile
July 18, 2022, 11:12:41 AM

Thanks again you keep this thread for a lively discussion.

Congrats to those who won their bets on this match, whether by KO win, under 7.5 or the exact round or round range.

So we will have to wait and see if Garcia vs Davis could be made late this year or early 2023. For sure majority of us wanted to see that huge fight.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████