Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:14:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Manufacturing Raw Resources and Products for Bitcoin  (Read 2435 times)
river

April 03, 2011, 06:00:42 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2011, 06:23:34 PM by river

It has been suggested repeatedly that the Bitcoin community can only grow and sustain itself entirely alone, if it goes from raw manufacturing to end user products.  Now I do not now if I agree with this at BTC's current level of existence, but anything helps.

So I am curious how many people would like to join me in creating some form of raw production environment.  Now admittedly this will start small and probably largely Fiat based, only for interaction with other Fiat sources, until we can create all our own products, however, if we can get it to a point that all we produce and supply is bitcoin based, then I think that would greatly help the community in large.

Once facilities for raw production are up and running, be it metals, plastic, organic, or other, then it should become easier and easier to help others with the same and grown the community to self sustainability.

Who wants to help, and suggestions as to how we can do such a thing are greatly appreciated as there would be a vast amount of resistance from the Fiat communities?

Addition: Obviously, new technologies would have to be researched and created to sustain such an undertaking.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foxmulder

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2011, 06:31:53 PM

I would be glad if we could form some kind of way to manage all of the process(contract agreement, shipping) for the raw goods transaction, before going into big contract transaction we should gain bitcoin's integrity & momentum for the public masses, we can starts by selling small quantity of goods first, and the problem for now is the targeted market are too wide for distribution, i cann't sell 50 kg premium rice from asia with 10 times shipping cost than the good's price, so i think until bitcoin become really globally widespread, for now it's limited to either domestic market or exclusive specialized international market(like that guy who sold premium coffee from mexico).

Another problem with our community is the dilemma that mostly most of bitcoiner bring out their real life highly competitive personality into bitcoin, how we can grow if we competitive at each other?, we should approaching to more openness from one's trade secret not just kept to themselves. I agree if we need to make some kind of consortium to discuss certain form of rules for this to happen, so any start up company will less likely failing at their first attempt because if we provide such 'open source' systems(efficient shipping, agreement, obligation).
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2011, 11:18:48 PM

Another problem with our community is the dilemma that mostly most of bitcoiner bring out their real life highly competitive personality into bitcoin, how we can grow if we competitive at each other?, we should approaching to more openness from one's trade secret not just kept to themselves.

On the contrary, this competitive behavior is exactly what makes a healthy market work. Is competition and trade secrets stifling the growth of the computer industry?

Greed is good. I say MORE COMPETITION! Let the games begin!
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 03, 2011, 11:20:00 PM

On the contrary, this competitive behavior is exactly what makes a healthy market work. Is competition and trade secrets stifling the growth of the computer industry?

Openness and competition is not contrary to each other.

asdf

Activity: 527

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 12:03:34 AM

Openness and competition is not contrary to each other.

Openness is fine and so is competition. But forced openness is counterproductive, as is discouraging competition and entrepreneurship.
foxmulder

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 12:58:46 AM

I don't agree, thou there is obviously the need for such a thing, the simple fact is that in order for them to do what they did, they had to rely on Fiat and consequences and losses associated with it.   With new simple, technologies created for our community we can effectively do away with the need to rely on Fiat in any form.  It does not have to start as as international thing but it will grow to that level.
What i've meant by big contract is > 10.000 btc, for this to happened we have no choice to deal(taxes, shipping, warehouses renting/owning, office renting/owning,staffing)  with fiat as temp intermediary, we need to take paypal as example, at first they starting to handle small transaction, imho up until now they still cann't replace for paying the irs, other daily's goods.
As we cann't fully pay the deal's 'elements' that i've mentioned above with fiat, and if we idealist to stand up fully on btc we surely now stuck with 'one man' domestic business type, to be able to more survive we should at-least shares common trade secret that one's wanted to share in the consortium.

No, I'm not interested in dealing with a consortium that will inevidably create it's own agendas that will not be good for the community in part or as a whole.
Consortium by this context is providing open source document or other type that explain in more detailed how get started, how to efficiently shipping, how to make less fiat transaction, small tips/tricks/critiques on how store such items from the contributed successful individuals. Consortium is not one of the first fancy fascist organization in bitcoin community like skullbone, bilderberg, i've just use that term to explain a open group without any special obligation or power but just a collective effort to stimulate the bitcoin business by providing this 'free' document as a start-up base helper framework. If we imagine bitcoin as a country but free entity, we don't have choices to stimulating various individual to participate in bitcoin's market with various ways.

My business idea may be to help the community as a while but it is also a business.  I'm looking at this more in terms of (if your a treckie) Pickard running the enterprise.  What is required is base set of unbreachable, ethical guide lines for conduct like the constitution of a TRUE republic of sorts.  But I'm doing this with or without the assistance of others ... in other words .. I'm the captain/commander of my organization .. hence I guild the direction, but not necessarily the implementation ... however, I'm still fair and FAR from perfect ... so keeping to the foundations and a STRONG sense of community and suggestion thereof is imperative.
Sure absolute openness to business is a deadlock, but at-least it doesn't mean we cann't contribute something back to community with some free & safe to share know hows into the consortium(join collective effort or any term that you choose), let's says it's just a free stimulus incentive to more liquify bitcoin's economic.
TiagoTiago

Activity: 616

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 03:46:42 AM

(adding the thread to my watchlist)

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2011, 04:05:05 AM

Same.

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
JamezQ

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 04:53:46 AM

Same.
++
foxmulder

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 10:21:41 AM

This is surely interesting and yet i am also doesn't have fancy title in financial major, and  i think we should need at-least knows one of the following :
* Market segmentation.
* Domestic rules & regulations (i don't want selling 10 kg of sugar using bitcoin and next day i am in jail  Roll Eyes), this is also requires a lot of research depending on targeted country or zones.
* Without a doubt imho i know that bitcoin is still in the 'grey' area, how we can overcompensate for the law, we need to know how to operate in the 'green' zone yet still with bitcoin.
* All in one OSS system plus detailed dead-easy setup tutorials or even one-click setup  Grin for the site system(shopping cart, display,bitcoin ticker, reporting) so even a non-tech literate people can start a business.
* Other possible problems and setbacks.
deadlizard

Activity: 112
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 11:22:47 AM

watch list post

Also I was thinking of manufacturing PLA plastic for the reprap project for bitcoins  Grin

btc address:1MEyKbVbmMVzVxLdLmt4Zf1SZHFgj56aqg
gpg fingerprint:DD1AB28F8043D0837C86A4CA7D6367953C6FE9DC

deadlizard

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 02:20:46 PM

watch list post

Also I was thinking of manufacturing PLA plastic for the reprap project for bitcoins  Grin

Nice project, but not exactly universally usable simply because you need the raw materials and that can only be bought Fiat, the initial products would have to be universally useful to as many persons as possible, even if it is as the foundation building blocks of other products.   In part is could be manufacturing the raw materials need for the Reprap.

Something like raw material manufacturing would be nice as you could create any compound ie: nuts, bolts, screws, plastics, etc. you wish.

As second in-house facility could be to actually create the compound in any shape/form required.
Wood is another possibility, you could start a local mill or at least cut the trees required for the local mill. Sell the labour and wood.
Well boot strapping will be a big problem if you want to buy all capital goods with bitcoins.
What if you buy fiat with bitcoins? does that count Tongue

If you have enough land you can grow starch containing plants for the cost of the initial seeds.
Then the capital goods to process will cost a very small amount of fiat (over time)
PLA is already used in various applications outside the reprap project and those people that use it could be converted to bitcoin if production is cheap enough. (and there's also the tax incentive )

I also think a hemp farm would be a great idea, because it is so damn useful for just about everything (including the starch for PLA Wink )

deadlizard

View Profile
April 04, 2011, 04:19:16 PM

I hate to say this but looking at mtgox the last few days makes me wander if I even want to do this, since apparently no one values BTC!  If people thought BTC was valuable they'd sell high .. but all the people selling lately have been doing so really cheap?  So does anyone actually want something like this to happen (other than me)
It's April, miners electric bills just came in and they WANT to sell. It's just a great time to be a buyer Cheesy
Plus it's heading into oversold territory http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/mtgoxUSD#rg90ztgSzbgBzm1g10zm2g25zi1gRSI
Looks like the correction will be over shortly (hopefully not before I can buy some more Wink )

And a little primary production would be a great way to move the market up

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: