Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:34:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I ask the moderators for help with IDENTITY SUPPLY in the forum  (Read 187 times)
Gothorum (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 429

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:53:58 AM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Hello, I am Gothorum, today I find three messages in my Gmail, where it is clear that the user:

KobbyC: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=1608153?3

He is using my personal data such as: user name in the forum, my forum email and other information about my property in the forum to impersonate me, filling out work forms in rewards campaigns, as if it were me, but changing my Ethereum address to receive the payments and putting his.

I hope you can help me in some way so that this person does not deceive anyone, it is not an error, since he has not done it once, but three times in a row the same day according to the emails.

Attached screenshots of Gmail, if you need any more information, just have to ask, thank you.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 11:47:45 AM

I hardly think the moderators will help out here or will the DT as the forms can be filled by anyone so there is no clear proof that KobbyC is doing that. I suggest reporting them to bounty managers instead.
Gothorum (OP)

Activity: 882
Merit: 429

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:58:50 PM

Done,  thank you...
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16547

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 05:12:57 PM

I hardly think the moderators will help out here or will the DT as the forms can be filled by anyone
Google forms are filled outside the forum. The only one who could provide an IP address, is Google. And I don't think they'll do that without a court order.

KobbyC is probably being abused just as much as you are. A few months ago, I checked Telegram entries in a bounty campaign, and counted at least 1000 fake (duplicate) entries, probably much more. A very easy solution would be to have Google Docs scrape the address from your profile, but the campaign manager would need to set that up properly.

Is it a coincidence that both you and KobbyC have an Ethereum address in their Bitcointalk profile? That's a weird thing to do!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Avirunes
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 07:07:38 PM

A very easy solution would be to have Google Docs scrape the address from your profile, but the campaign manager would need to set that up properly.

What do you think in case if account is hacked and hacker changes the ethereum address? Also there are many who don't have any address staked. Some of them puts in their profiles and some don't put any.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16547

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 07:17:54 PM
Merited by suchmoon (7), Foxpup (4)

What do you think in case if account is hacked and hacker changes the ethereum address?
Tough luck Tongue
It's up to the user to keep their account secure.

Some of them puts in their profiles and some don't put any.
If I would ever run a bounty campaign again, I would require the Ethereum address to be placed in the Location space in the profile.
I've been experimenting with this: just entering a userID is enough to scrape the address, username, and Merit. That would instantly end all username abuse.
I've had an incomplete topic start tab on my browser for a few months now, but never created the thread on it, as I didn't get it to work the way I want it. Google sheets needs to use an ArrayFormula to instantly process results, as each new form entry would just move all formulas one line down. And that works kinda annoying Tongue
Slighly off-topic I realize, but since this thread was more or less solved anyway, I hope it's okay.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████