Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:56:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BITFINEX HACK METHOD  (Read 125 times)
csai51 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 11:47:00 PM

My account was attacked and deals were made on it that I didn’t plan, which leads to my losses. The request to the support service, it was not possible to block the account, since a spam attack was made in parallel with our email. My loss for 1 hour $ 3000. Operations took place on the acquisition and sale of UTNP and AION tokens. At the moment I managed to change my password with difficulty and stop this horror. Due to the fact that the attack stopped when I changed the password, I assume that butfinex stores account passwords in clear form in its database. Since the complexity of my password was quite high. The attempt to write to the support was not successful because bitfinex asks for confirmation of the message in support of the password, and no email currently passes through any mail and as soon as I changed the password on the bitfinex account, the spam attack on my mail box ~ 500 emails resumed in 1 minute . I hope that the administration of bitfinex will still consider my problem and how it will react to it. Unless this is the actions of the employees themselves bitfinex.com resource. At the moment, I have UTNP and AION tokens on my accounts, but the exchange does not allow them to be exchanged for other currencies (BTC / ETH). I will try to somehow resolve the issue with the administration of bitfinex.com, but I think that SCAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lawrenzoo

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:19:15 PM

My account was attacked and deals were made on it that I didn’t plan, which leads to my losses. The request to the support service, it was not possible to block the account, since a spam attack was made in parallel with our email. My loss for 1 hour $ 3000. Operations took place on the acquisition and sale of UTNP and AION tokens. At the moment I managed to change my password with difficulty and stop this horror. Due to the fact that the attack stopped when I changed the password, I assume that butfinex stores account passwords in clear form in its database. Since the complexity of my password was quite high. The attempt to write to the support was not successful because bitfinex asks for confirmation of the message in support of the password, and no email currently passes through any mail and as soon as I changed the password on the bitfinex account, the spam attack on my mail box ~ 500 emails resumed in 1 minute . I hope that the administration of bitfinex will still consider my problem and how it will react to it. Unless this is the actions of the employees themselves bitfinex.com resource. At the moment, I have UTNP and AION tokens on my accounts, but the exchange does not allow them to be exchanged for other currencies (BTC / ETH). I will try to somehow resolve the issue with the administration of bitfinex.com, but I think that SCAM

Wow, first time i am seeimg complains regards bitfinex
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
July 09, 2019, 06:30:58 PM

At the moment I managed to change my password with difficulty and stop this horror. Due to the fact that the attack stopped when I changed the password, I assume that butfinex stores account passwords in clear form in its database.

Changing your password probably prompted them to kill your current session(s).

At the moment, I have UTNP and AION tokens on my accounts, but the exchange does not allow them to be exchanged for other currencies (BTC / ETH). I will try to somehow resolve the issue with the administration of bitfinex.com, but I think that SCAM

Did you look at your trade history? These are extremely thin markets on Bitfinex. A hacker probably compromised your (and other) accounts, then used the accounts to buy UTNP and AION so he could sell at very high prices and then withdraw. This is a common hacking method these days, particularly through API keys.

There's no volume for these tokens on Bitfinex. To sell AION without slippage, you may need to send them to Binance. UTNP looks pretty dead. Ethfinex does ~ 1/3 of its volume.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: