Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:08:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It Seems that Cyberpower PC Is Stepping Into the Crypto-Scene  (Read 765 times)
hellscabane (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 01:27:51 PM

Apparently, it seems that Cyberpower PC is now offering setups for mining. I mean it's not like you couldn't get a rig and customize it for mining before, but the fact that they've created a "Mega Miner Series" is pretty damn intriguing...

I looked at their setups, and I can't really say that it's all too worth it, but the fact that this will get people wondering and possibly talking about mining is pretty cool.

What do you guys think about a major computer outlet offering "Mining Rigs?"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 01:34:34 PM

I don't think that this is a good thing. Mining is not for the average Joe, at least not mining scrypt coins. There are too many people without proper knowledge trying to get rich quickly by mining. That is not going to happen.
Although this gives us more adoption. They should start accepting BTC as a payment.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 02:01:54 PM

Apparently, it seems that Cyberpower PC is now offering setups for mining. I mean it's not like you couldn't get a rig and customize it for mining before, but the fact that they've created a "Mega Miner Series" is pretty damn intriguing...

I looked at their setups, and I can't really say that it's all too worth it, but the fact that this will get people wondering and possibly talking about mining is pretty cool.

On one hand it's good that they offer something for the marketplace, on the other hand these really aren't dedicated machines for mining with all the accessories (dvd drive, 1tb storage, etc).  With no option to pay via bitcoin or other cryptocurrency, it doesn't look like they are really backing the industry, but just looking for a new market to expose. What I think is missing right now is a re-seller that is putting together a high Mh/s machine stripped down for dedicated mining. It's still a "build it yourself" market with stability issues to contend with.

I'm currently looking for scrypt-machines to buy myself too (more than 4mh/s), as I don't really want to build them, but will if I have to.
techstorm3

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:24:10 PM

Ive just sent them an email asking when they are going to start accepting btc, mentioned i order loads from scan.co.uk which are already accepting btc.

heres hoping

hellscabane (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:52:20 PM

On one hand it's good that they offer something for the marketplace, on the other hand these really aren't dedicated machines for mining with all the accessories (dvd drive, 1tb storage, etc).  With no option to pay via bitcoin or other cryptocurrency, it doesn't look like they are really backing the industry, but just looking for a new market to expose. What I think is missing right now is a re-seller that is putting together a high Mh/s machine stripped down for dedicated mining. It's still a "build it yourself" market with stability issues to contend with.

I'm currently looking for scrypt-machines to buy myself too (more than 4mh/s), as I don't really want to build them, but will if I have to.

Yeah, this is very true. It lacks the cost-effectiveness of a DIY sCrypt mining rig along with a including a ton of bells and whistles. One could say the only effectual reason to get one is for resale value in the future.

And I agree, they may be riding the wave of the mining boom. But at least it's added publicity.
hellscabane (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:55:29 PM

I don't think that this is a good thing. Mining is not for the average Joe, at least not mining scrypt coins. There are too many people without proper knowledge trying to get rich quickly by mining. That is not going to happen.
Although this gives us more adoption. They should start accepting BTC as a payment.

Yeah, it's a very tricky line. Adoption versus technical know-how.

I could imagine a bunch of people getting a mining rig and something going wrong as they attempt to start mining. Whether it is from the hardware side, or from the volatility of the markets and possible incoming scams.

When they see something like "I can make how much?" that automatically increases the susceptibility.

The positive slant is that this will spark some added attention to Bitcoins and the general crypto-currency scene. The way markets react to it and whatnot, that's a completely different story.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: