Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:15:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Warren Buffet , Bill Gates , ... call Bitcoin a scam ?  (Read 284 times)
Neurzway (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 1

btc : 3Jp5nAY7S7dKg1hJ7jeZJdAQ9VWszVPBBX

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:38:16 AM

So , why do they call Bitcoin a scam ?

• Firstly , they say that for their reputation.
      Imagine if they advise to invest in Bitcoin and btc will go down ... they will really ridiculous..
  • And then , if they advise to invest , what would say Banks , ... ?

•   Furthermore , they control banks and others Institutions , so if People invest in btc , they will loose power , for sure.
    And as if they advise a thing , people will follow them , they can't.

Nevertheless , do not say that they don't understand this technology , they perfectly know.
They have a lot of knwoledges , more thay anyone.
And I'm pretty sure that one of them have a stock of BTC.

Just remember that they are powerful , and full of knowledge , but bitcoin is dangerous for them , that's why they call it a scam , they are our enemies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 09:54:29 AM

Imagine if they advise to invest in Bitcoin and btc will go down ... they will really ridiculous..

•   Furthermore , they control banks and others Institutions , so if People invest in btc , they will loose power , for sure.

Nevertheless , do not say that they don't understand this technology , they perfectly know.

Just remember that they are powerful , and full of knowledge , but bitcoin is dangerous for them , that's why they call it a scam , they are our enemies.

In my opinion, I think it is because they became successful by not depending in such. Businessmen do not take huge risks when it comes to money. They will invest in something that will surely come up with a good result. Bitcoins unstableness is a factor. Also, negative issues involving bitcoin such as its use in illegal activities also contributes. Well, rich persons will more likely say such things but at the end ofthe day it is up to you whether you invest or not.
Erga Di Kenesis Lascrea

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 10:25:53 AM

They call bitcoin scam, Maybe right they say that for reputation Or they think bitcoin will broke their bussiness, Or if they support bitcoin what will every people say? using stand alone currency. But i still support bitcoin anything happen. Smiley
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3551

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2018, 11:19:22 AM

Not all that these people say "about cryptos" is wrong, I'll quote some of their words.

Gates told CNBC that Bitcoin is "one of the crazier, speculative things" he's seen, and that he would "short it if there was an easy way to do it."

Warren Buffett wants to make one thing clear: Unlike buying stocks, bonds or real estate, buying bitcoin is not an investment: "You aren't investing when you do that, you're speculating."

I did a quick search and did not find any quote for any of them saying about Bitcoin is a scam.
None of them talked about the technological aspect of the protein but spoke about it economically.

If we review history, most of the talk about bitcoin investment, All back to the beginning of 2017, where the price has risen to more than 1000 dollars, and speculation began to reach 19 thousand dollars.
Also in 2010, no one thought of bitcoin as an investment.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:49:42 AM

Warren Buffett, Bill Gates are very well known and big influencing personalities and if they calling something about the bitcoin then we should first respect that because they are known to be the business tycoons and having such a great economy knowledge, and anyone will not believe this easily that how could one investment can provide such a huge profit in a very short span of time and for that people needs tu understand the fate and potential of bitcoin and for that awareness could be the biggest influence.
FlexBrah

Activity: 150

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:09:24 AM

perhaps they say so because while the market is too volatile and manipulated by large players that to some extent discredits the entire crypto industry
zenhu

Activity: 645
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 04:21:24 AM

None of them has said that bitcoin is scam mate, you maybe misunderstand what the media said. But Bill gates say that he against investing in cryptocurrency
Microsoft's billionaire co-founder Bill Gates has warned against investing in cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, arguing they "caused deaths in a fairly direct way".
And Buffet say bitcoin will likely end bad so none of them say directly that bitcoin is scam

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
     ▀▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
  ▄  ▄▀▀           ▀▀  ▀▄
 ▄▀ █      ▐█ █▌      █ ▀▄
▄█ █     ▄███████▄     █ █▄
█ ▄▀    ██▀▐█ █▌▀██     █ █
█ █     ██ ▐█ █▌ ██     █ █
█ ▀▄    ██▄▐█ █▌███    ▄▀ █
▀█ █     ▀████████▄    █ █▀
 ▀▄ ▀      ▐█ █▌ ▀█▌  █ ▄▀
  ▀▄  ▀▄           ▄▄▀  ▀
    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄▄
       ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
      █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
▄▄▄▀▀▀█   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   █
█     █ ▄▀      ▀▄ █
 █  ▄██ █        █ █
 █  █ █ █        ▀ █
  █ █ █ █ ▄█▄█▄  ▀ █
  █  ██ █  █▄▄█▄ █ █
   █ ██ ▄ ▄█▄▄▄█ █ █
   █  █ ▄  ▀ ▀   █ █
    █ █ █        █ █
    █ █ ▀▄      ▄▀ █
     ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
      █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
PLATINUM STABLECOINS
USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ

───────────────────────
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█              █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█     ████     █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
██████
██
██

██
██
██████
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK         TWITTER         TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:03:01 AM

Buffet operate by small amount of bitcoin in circulation and say what this market is totally manipulated.
But they say what blockchain is very good technology.

charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:05:32 AM

Maybe because they know all the risk for using crytocurrencies and they're afraid because the world will lead into chaos if crypto will not be used for good and also for some other investments they have in banks so that they want to suck fame Bitcoin.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:08:00 AM

as above poster said, none of them have actually called bitcoin a "scam". i think you have been reading too much FUD that you are too caught up in their nonsense. these people you named aren't happy about bitcoin and have been speaking against it but never like that. they were mostly warning about the future of it saying "it will end bad" and there are a lot of reasons for them including the fact that they are feeling threatened by bitcoin's existence and the way it is decentralizing monetary system in the whole world with a global decentralized payment system that they can not do anything about.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
supermine

Activity: 826
Merit: 518

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:10:17 AM

Because they knows that this technology can create more new millionaires like them but they don't want someone to be in the richest person of the world,bitcoin can be helpful in diversifying the money to the people if they can get into the bitcoin at the early stage.But no one is going to hear their words so better skip them and concentrating on making yourself better.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 05:11:10 AM

Maybe Warren Buffet is old school and as he likes to get all his stocks and assets at dirt cheap prices, he may have said negative things about Bitcoin due to the fact that he never purchased any when it was very very cheap in the early days. Remember also, that these people have their own interests to protect, so they may be saying too many negative things about an Industry they do not for some reason wish to get themselves involved in. I do not believe there is any other reason behind such negativity.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:12:15 AM

Famous and talented people will never say things they are not sure it will happen!
So, you have to decide for yourself!
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:20:48 AM

I did not read in the news or hear them in the interviews that they are saying Bitcoin is a scam but they only said that Bitcoin is a bubble that it will burst anytime because it has no commodity to support the investment which is true. Well, these people are critics as there businesses have commodities to promote but they are wrong to say that Bitcoin will not last as more and more people are now supporting this currency.
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1944

This space is availlable for advertising

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:23:22 AM

Warren Buffett and Bill Gates come from the old school generation, where financial systems followed certain rules. Warren Buffet followed those rules and he became very rich. Now, Bitcoin is developed and it is breaking a lot of those rules and this is raising red flags with them.

They are used to being told by governments that you have to use Banks and you cannot move money from one country to the next, without following strict capital controls and Bitcoin is not following these types of rules.

Remember, Banks and governments supported these people and any technology that threatens these institutions, will be perceived as a threat by the people who followed their rules for years.  Roll Eyes

Signature space availlable -Just DM me if you need some advertising.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2352
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:29:47 AM

Who the hell they are? they don't know anything about the bitcoin or they don't want anyone to mke money other than them! Don't hear those words because we knows that bitcoin is crypto curreny and it has real value,so just ignore thehir comments like plague! Angry

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:42:47 AM

there are thousands of others who are bitcoin experts and are praising this great technology like Andreas Antonopoulos, why aren't you listening to them and quoting them? you are focusing on a handful few that spread some FUD about bitcoin at some point for certain reasons and the worst part is that they are not familiar with bitcoin. for instance someone like Warren Buffet is ancient so he doesn't know what new technologies like bitcoin are Cheesy

Only Bitcoin
LandSecrets.io

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:44:07 AM

Because they think bitcoin is nothing but a digit number......
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 05:54:28 AM

Not all that these people say "about cryptos" is wrong, I'll quote some of their words.

Gates told CNBC that Bitcoin is "one of the crazier, speculative things" he's seen, and that he would "short it if there was an easy way to do it."

Warren Buffett wants to make one thing clear: Unlike buying stocks, bonds or real estate, buying bitcoin is not an investment: "You aren't investing when you do that, you're speculating."

I did a quick search and did not find any quote for any of them saying about Bitcoin is a scam.
None of them talked about the technological aspect of the protein but spoke about it economically.

If we review history, most of the talk about bitcoin investment, All back to the beginning of 2017, where the price has risen to more than 1000 dollars, and speculation began to reach 19 thousand dollars.
Also in 2010, no one thought of bitcoin as an investment.

You are a good researcher sir! I hope OP could give us link were in there is a quote that they actually give a statement like that. Please stop that kind of posting topics since you do not have a link or basis. Its just like creating FUD here in forum and you might get red trust/s because of that.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:17:56 AM

Simple - they are either wrong or they are one of many whales trying to manipulate the market.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: