Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new miner  (Read 995 times)
hbitz (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:12:45 PM

hi.. i have an IBM x3650 M4 with windows server 2008 sitting doing nothing so i was thinking of using it as a miner.  I wanted to get an idea of how many H/s i can expect out of this server.

Appreciate any help.

Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:16:36 PM

There are calculators online. Just google or search for one on here/
Colin Miner

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 03:19:38 PM

hi.. i have an IBM x3650 M4 with windows server 2008 sitting doing nothing so i was thinking of using it as a miner.  I wanted to get an idea of how many H/s i can expect out of this server.

Welcome aboard!

CPU mining for bitcoin is dead, too much power consumption. You should look for CPU only altcoins  Wink

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
hbitz (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:21:07 PM

There are calculators online. Just google or search for one on here/

the calc i found needed hash per sec which im tryna figure out.. Sad
hbitz (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 03:28:08 PM

hi.. i have an IBM x3650 M4 with windows server 2008 sitting doing nothing so i was thinking of using it as a miner.  I wanted to get an idea of how many H/s i can expect out of this server.

Welcome aboard!

CPU mining for bitcoin is dead, too much power consumption. You should look for CPU only altcoins  Wink

thanks for the advice, will look into it... but is there a way to guess how much i can expect from it for bitcoin?
go4nature

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:21:32 PM

You cannot mine bitcoin with cpu now. Better mine alternative cpu coins then exchange it to btc.

clubminer

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Let's get rich together

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:10:49 PM

hi.. i have an IBM x3650 M4 with windows server 2008 sitting doing nothing so i was thinking of using it as a miner.  I wanted to get an idea of how many H/s i can expect out of this server.

Appreciate any help.

Grin

are you mining with CPU, right?
I think using cpu or gpu unusable for this time Smiley

Colin Miner

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 06:23:38 PM

thanks for the advice, will look into it... but is there a way to guess how much i can expect from it for bitcoin?

You will mine as close to zero bitcoins as you can get, without actually being zero bitcoins. If you factor in the cost of electricity (if you have to pay for it), you will actually be making a loss  Cry

If your hardware is redundant, have you considered selling it and using some of the funds to buy, say a handfull of USB antminers from ebay, which will at least mine some fraction bitcoin during their life and a good introduction to mining.

FREE Namecoins (NMC), Devcoins (DVC) and IxCoins (iXC) while you mine Bitcoins (BTC) on the pool, in the cloud or both. Free to join, click here to Sign Up and mine your free coins.
Cheap VPS Hosting here or budget conscious Free cPanel hosting here. Buy BTC the safe and easy way at Localbitcoins.com (US and UK).
 "I'm no longer as confident as I was this morning." - xkeyscore89.  My Addie.cc.
more Free: BTC, LTC, FTC, TIPS, WDC, EAC & IFC
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: