Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:10:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what can we do about Mark Karpeles now  (Read 5530 times)
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:12:04 PM

He seems like a really nice guy

Probably just sucks at business and communication

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jaybny

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 07:16:16 PM

Anyone who lost money failed to do proper research.  Move aside and let the true captains of industry scam you make money. 

its not the victims fault, listen to lets tsalk bitcoin episode 85, Andreys confident mtgox wont default. 

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

https://twitter.com/jaybny/status/1022596877332762624
jaybny

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 07:17:47 PM

Let the man be.

It's funny, if it were genuine incompetence w/o intent, I'd be inclined to agree.  What pisses me off more is the lack of communication post-realization.  Even if Mark were restricted from talking, he should have closed the site immediately and leaked something to steer folks away from sites like BitcoinBuilder.  Instead, he let the community dig an even deeper hole likely with the intent to selfishly soften the financial blow to himself.

I have no sympathy for the guy.

Bernie maddoff.

Protoblock turns knowledge of American football into Fantasybit coin, a margin token used to monetize leveraged skill.

jaybny

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2014, 07:19:04 PM

When I started trading actively in Oktober 2013 I did my research and already knew I should never trade at Mt. Gox because the exchange was unstable and there was mismanagement.

I'm probably saying something terrible in many peoples eyes but in my opinion, most people that lost money were either very naive, don't care about their money or were greedy...

The +100 dollar arbitrage 'opportunity' per bitcoin on Mt.Gox probably lured in a lot of people thinking they outsmarted the system. IMO, you can't really blame them, it looks like Mt.Gox did this on purpose to keep their ponzi alive.

It seems like one should stay away from exchanges that deviate too much from the average BTC price.

gox was "the average BTC price."

RoboDawg

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:20:17 PM

i didn't choose the gox life the gox life chose me..
Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:29:50 PM

gox was "the average BTC price."

What are you talking about? The past several months they have been deviating from all liquid exchanges by 10-20%. Their price was deviant, not average.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
ZeroBarrier

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:39:59 PM

its not the victims fault, listen to lets tsalk bitcoin episode 85, Andreys confident mtgox wont default. 

Wrong. It's mostly the victim's fault. If you do not have sole control of you private keys then you do not own any Bitcoins. We all take a risk when we send any cryptocurrency to an exchange, but that's the nature of groundbreaking tech, of new and innovative ideas; it's still young and it still has flaws (even though I can argue that flaw actually resides in the human aspect in these cases).

Ultimately, we have no one but ourselves to blame if & when we lose any cryptocurrency.
Musent

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:44:00 PM

I'm sure one day he will run into someone that he lost a lot of money for.
brokenchair

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:54:44 PM

Something called piercing the corporate veil. 
I don't get it. There should be some attorneys that own bitcoins and realize this should be an easy win, and on top of it it would give the attorney massive renown.   
heisthere (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:14:53 PM

Wrong. It's mostly the victim's fault. If you do not have sole control of you private keys then you do not own any Bitcoins. We all take a risk when we send any cryptocurrency to an exchange, but that's the nature of groundbreaking tech, of new and innovative ideas; it's still young and it still has flaws (even though I can argue that flaw actually resides in the human aspect in these cases).

Ultimately, we have no one but ourselves to blame if & when we lose any cryptocurrency.

really? you are going to blame yourself for Mark Karpeles's crime? he must be innocent for you
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:16:12 PM

It might be worth mentioning that there is no evidence of anything but incompetence at Gox.

Unfortunately, it seems as those who were dimwitted enough to have money/BTC in MtGOX will believe in absolutely anything else other than this. To them it's unfathomable that they fucked up.
I fear your right. These are the same people who, in an earlier time, might have sacrificed a goat to appease the weather gods who are causing all this drought.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
tstang

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:31:21 PM

until now there are still people belief this is just an honest mistake ?

This is not just about him not able to run a company.

He is not that DUMB and HONEST as he claim and blaming it on Bitcoin issue is the Smartest thing to do.

He should be charged with Criminal Breached of Trust (CBT) if Bitcoin was legal tender.

MtGox got hot and cold wallet. According to the information, the hot wallet holds a maximum of 2000 BTC only.

Do you think is possible as they claimed that this been happening for many years and they only detect it now?

Don't you think they would balance the account even every day or week or months?

You would know when your cold wallet exceed the amount that you should have it.

I would belief the story if only hot wallet and this happen within a period of a week or two.

He is just a scammer and I must say a very smart one and I think the value should be even more than USD 500 m if they didn't drag the price and reputation of Bitcoin.

worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:33:51 PM

It might be worth mentioning that there is no evidence of anything but incompetence at Gox.

Violation of contract constitutes more than simple incompetence.

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
heisthere (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:38:32 PM

Unfortunately, it seems as those who were dimwitted enough to have money/BTC in MtGOX will believe in absolutely anything else other than this. To them it's unfathomable that they fucked up.
I fear your right. These are the same people who, in an earlier time, might have sacrificed a goat to appease the weather gods who are causing all this drought.

stop fooling us, you don't even believe what come out of your mouth, no evidence? what evidence do you want? a video of Mark Karpeles sending bitcoins to bitstamp and selling them into an offshore account in name of CEO Mark Karpeles?
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:40:07 PM

I am guessing some Russians are looking forward to give him a big kiss in the mouth.
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:48:31 PM

I am guessing some Russians are looking forward to give him a big kiss in the mouth.

Rumor has it from my Fed friends is that Mark has protection from a group of people. I wont go into it any further

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
heisthere (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:52:05 PM

Rumor has it from my Fed friends is that Mark has protection from a group of people. I wont go into it any further

just one more question, are we actually "paying for" his protection fee?
Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:00:40 PM

No clue. I know Im not. My Bitcoins stay in my control and I dont use gox. I imagine someone from a government agency is actually pulling strings. Watch the 200,000 BTC wallet gox still controls for anything interesting.

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:01:02 PM

There is some nasty shit around the webs of what some would like to do to him and his family, together with personal information. Protection is wise, he won't run anywhere in that case and will be very cooperative with investigators.
heisthere (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 09:07:38 PM

There is some nasty shit around the webs of what some would like to do to him and his family, together with personal information. Protection is wise, he won't run anywhere in that case and will be very cooperative with investigators.

could you pm me where can i see this nasty shit? i am very interested in it
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: