Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:40:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do I have to take in account to know which is a good project ?  (Read 129 times)
MILYCOINT (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:15:34 PM

Some time ago I invested in a ico and suddenly the website disappeared, this left me a little desconserted because I had researched a lot about this project and I really believed that it was profitable, at the end I lost all my investment   Huh Huh Huh
I would like to know how do you analyze a good project?   Embarrassed Embarrassed
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
khoapham89
Copper Member

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:28:38 PM

Personally, I have not invested in ICOs yet. But as my experiences, you can pay your attention on the team and their experience. I think a professional team is main key to success of project.

juchin

Activity: 290
Merit: 10

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:31:27 PM

Some time ago I invested in a ico and suddenly the website disappeared, this left me a little desconserted because I had researched a lot about this project and I really believed that it was profitable, at the end I lost all my investment   Huh Huh Huh
I would like to know how do you analyze a good project?   Embarrassed Embarrassed

You should not invest on ICO at this time because there are too many risk and the profit that it brings not so much like before. Investing on top potential coins is better choice

Invest-or

Activity: 322
Merit: 20

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:38:36 PM

It is complex and you should have a basic understanding of technology. Normally, scams tend to not make any sense at all, the team does not look real, etc... It is sad, but you have to DYOR a lot.
Cryptomilz
Copper Member

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 01:58:05 PM

To invest in any ICO now, you have to be very discerning and circumspect as a lot of them fraudsters masquerading as projects on the blockchain. These days, a project may tick all the right boxes and end up being a scam, but in analyzing an ICO, look out for the following;

1. Do they have a working product? This shows they're not trying to sell an idea and collect millions of $$ while the investors wait for a long period
2. What's the Team composition and history? It's important to check out the team and find out if the have the requisite skills and cognate experience to deliver on the project. Also check their names on Google to see if they've been connected with any fraud in the past or part of a scam ICO in the past.
3. Is the website nice designed? While this may not necessarily be a major determinant, but check to see if there's a lot of work put into the design of their website. If it is looks like something designed by child, that will be some red flag as it doesn't show how serious they are with the project.
4. Read through the whitepaper This could be such a daunting task especially for people who aren't tech savvy as most whitepapers are usually filled with technical jargons. But it's important you try and know what their value proposition is, check their roadmap and how they're following it, token matrix and how much they're looking to raise in the ICO. If the amount they're asking for is too much in comparison with such projects requires, then be weary of such project.
5. Is there a community for the project? Check to see if the project has a community on various platforms. An ANN thread on Bitcointalk, a Reddit page, etc. Also check the community on Telegram. In fact,this is where you should really pay attention to. Look at the number of members on Telegram and see if it tallies with how long the project has been in existence. If the project is barely a week it was launched and the Telegram membership is already over 20k people, that's a red flag right there, and it shows the growth thereon isn't organic. It also implies the project team will lie about a lot of things as well.
6. Is there a competition? Check to see if the project is a mere copy of an existing project in the space, and if not, who are the competition for the project and how are they going to be better

While this is not an exhaustive list, but this should serve a guide in your decision making and due diligence.  Good luck
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:05:58 PM

To invest in a project needs to be carefully calculated before investing money. Take a look at the project's development and how much profit you will make.
Brawnsugar

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 02:10:11 PM

To invest in a project needs to be carefully calculated before investing money. Take a look at the project's development and how much profit you will make.

Focusing on how much profit you'll make is more like putting the cart before the horse especially for an ICO without any guarantees that they'll make it past the ICO stage or even be listed an exchange. I think he needs the rudiments of analyzing the project first before making any financial decision.
Tosin12

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 03:14:26 PM

Researching and analysing to know good and legit ICO are many, the few ones that I take very serious in analyzing project before investing is to check if it has a working product, I don't really consider working to produce a product as an option and second thing is I do background check up for the team to know if they're real and legit, with these two I can know good and legit ICO
anjohyx

Activity: 451
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Of course ICO may give you big profit return, but I don't recommend invest in ICO if you're newbies in crypto and don't have any experience, it's possible to lose all the money, most of the time you need to check project announcement thread, project whitepaper, roadmap, telegram channel, search project reviews and rating

Jatawneh

Activity: 281
Merit: 18

Arabs Bitcoin CEO

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2018, 03:39:17 PM

see below points and the link

Pages: [1]
      Print  

Jump to: