Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:22:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A question to the community  (Read 512 times)
loljosh (OP)

Activity: 751
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:44:06 PM

If a new alt-coin is released which approach would you like the people behind it to use:

1) Do you value a coin that creates a better world through equality,humanitarian deeds etc (basically the creation of a more egalitarian society)?

or

2) Do you value a coin that lets anyone become a millionaire?

Share your views with us.

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 07:47:04 PM

I'll settle for one that isn't some shitty copy & paste clone of another coin.  If it's something new, I'm interested.  

If choosing between those 2 options, however, I'd definitely choose #1.  For now, the altcoin world is ruled by pump-and-dump-profit.  Eventually, if any altcoins are to succeed, they'll be based on ACTUALLY BEING A CURRENCY and contributions to some branch of society.  (e.g. Takeicoin's work for LGBT groups, etc.)

acarterczyz

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:27:48 PM

I'll settle for one that isn't some shitty copy & paste clone of another coin.  If it's something new, I'm interested.  

If choosing between those 2 options, however, I'd definitely choose #1.  For now, the altcoin world is ruled by pump-and-dump-profit.  Eventually, if any altcoins are to succeed, they'll be based on ACTUALLY BEING A CURRENCY and contributions to some branch of society.  (e.g. Takeicoin's work for LGBT groups, etc.)

+1
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:42:24 PM

If a new alt-coin is released which approach would you like the people behind it to use:

1) Do you value a coin that creates a better world through equality,humanitarian deeds etc (basically the creation of a more egalitarian society)?

or

Share your views with us.

Neither is possible.

Make something worth mining and people will mine it.

or

Act like a douche and people will laugh in your face
loljosh (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:35:46 AM

87 views only 2 replies. Not fair. I am doing an important research so that I can give something better to the community.

Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.
matthona

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcointalk.org

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:38:52 AM

87 views only 2 replies. Not fair. I am doing an important research so that I can give something better to the community.

then don't give only 2 choices for answers... do you really assume that all new coins must fall into one of these 2 categories??? and if your answer is 'yes', then indeed you do have some research to do

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█       ▄▄▄▄▄      █▌
  █▌       ▀▀███      ▐█
 ▐█        ▄█ ██       █▌
  █▌     ▄█▀          ▐█
  ▐█   ▄█▀            █▌
   ▀█▄█▀            ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRASH

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█    ██▄▄██▄▄██    █▌
  █▌    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐█
 ▐█      ████████      █▌
  █▌     ████████     ▐█
  ▐█     ████████     █▌
   ▀█▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TOWER

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
     ▄█▀     ▄██▄     ▀█▄
    ▐█       ▀██▀       █▌
    █▌   ▄▄  ▄██▄  ▄▄   ▐█
   ▐█   ██████████████   █▌
    █▌   ▀▀  ▀██▀  ▀▀   ▐█
    ▐█       ▄██▄       █▌
     ▀█▄     ▀██▀     ▄█▀
       ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DOUBLE
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SlidingHorn

Activity: 196

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:42:50 AM

I think I can understand their apathy.  It's nothing against you, personally.  On the surface, it seems you're genuinely looking to do something that improves the scene here...but there's a rub:

There are people who come in here just about every couple days, asking similar questions: "what do you want in an alt coin?" etc., and we always tell them the same thing, and they always do the exact opposite.  They take some already cloned coin, clone it, give it a half-ass rebrand & change a few numbers.  I can probably point you to about 4 coins that launched in the past 72 hours that did this exact thing.

This is not your fault.  I know that.  We all do.  But just try to understand that people are just very bored with the Groundhog Day thing Wink

loljosh (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:53:11 AM

I think I can understand their apathy.  It's nothing against you, personally.  On the surface, it seems you're genuinely looking to do something that improves the scene here...but there's a rub:

There are people who come in here just about every couple days, asking similar questions: "what do you want in an alt coin?" etc., and we always tell them the same thing, and they always do the exact opposite.  They take some already cloned coin, clone it, give it a half-ass rebrand & change a few numbers.  I can probably point you to about 4 coins that launched in the past 72 hours that did this exact thing.

This is not your fault.  I know that.  We all do.  But just try to understand that people are just very bored with the Groundhog Day thing Wink

I don't like to waste time on asking useless questions. I am a developer and I have some big plans. I know you guys think that I am acting strange. But this research will help me in my next big project. And its gonna be something big. I want to contribute something good for the community not like others.

MashRinx

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:56:24 AM

Not fair?  Sorry, but you sound like my eight year old.  If you want better answers, ask better questions.  

Edit:  Okay, fine, I'll answer.  I agree with BitcoinPokerPro.  I don't think either option that you propose is possible.  More power to you if you can make either happen though....

anderl

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:06:07 AM

I don't like to waste time on asking useless questions.

or

I am a developer and I have some big plans.

They all do.  Usually it is the developers that only have a few years experience.  They list to post first before actually providing anything substantial (lite source code)

I know you guys think that I am acting strange.

Not really, this happens all the time.  Developers with big ideas are a dime a dozen here.

But this research will help me in my next big project. And its gonna be something big. I want to contribute something good for the community not like others.

Yup well good luck.  It's probably going to be big.  The forum will probably implode when you post the [ANN].  The community will probably weep in celebration.  Unlike all the other big intentions that failed to deliver.  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: