Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:42:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: myetherwallet hacks? WTF!!!  (Read 783 times)
raden1922

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

Colletrix-Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worlds

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 02:55:19 PM

Whatever the reason for hacking a wallet is very detrimental and makes many people worry. I hope myetherwallet remains the safest and most convenient wallet for users. Do not make mistakes with our own carelessness, or at least anticipate that our wallet is safe.

━  ━━  ━━━     colletrix     ━━━  ━━  ━
Revolutionizing the IP Industry via Tokenization
━      [ I E O June 2019 ]      ━

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
olumyd (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 117

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:12:49 AM

Whatever the reason for hacking a wallet is very detrimental and makes many people worry. I hope myetherwallet remains the safest and most convenient wallet for users. Do not make mistakes with our own carelessness, or at least anticipate that our wallet is safe.

There are many alternatives you can store them on mobile wallets where your private keys are stored on your phone, and not on a server.
cryptosmoker

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:23:43 AM

There are many alternatives you can store them on mobile wallets where your private keys are stored on your phone, and not on a server.
Yeah, this is right. No one will save us except our self. It will be better to protect our wallet before the scammers come and take everything. And if it has happened to you, then it should be a very valuable lesson for you, don't let it happen again. Protect yours, now.
sergey1301

Activity: 336
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 07:59:29 AM

A popular (in my opinion) type of hacking is fake links. Be careful! I go on myetherwallet, only through, bookmarks!
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:01:35 AM

Its old trick.
If you see what some eth recieved your wallet, immediately withdraw all eth from wallet, this make impossible transfering tokens

Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:08:06 AM

Okay, now I don't get what's frigging wrong with some guys hacking wallets with recently listed cryptos and sending eth and transferring them out??? That's a new low, or is it an old trick?

I have become a victim of this once in my life already where i entered my private key in a disguised myetherwallet website. Although there is no guarantee that myetherwallet itself is 100% safe, i believe most of the hacking cases are because of phishing.
SaRmY

Activity: 645
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:14:42 AM

Okay, now I don't get what's frigging wrong with some guys hacking wallets with recently listed cryptos and sending eth and transferring them out??? That's a new low, or is it an old trick?

Every time I meet such a topic I worry. Around one scammers). While we are working on how to earn cryptocurrency. Someone works to steal her from us. Perhaps you have not taken care of your safety, in consequence of which caught the fraudsters. I have more than true that there are many of them on this forum.

Judging by the sweat, the coins were stolen from you. I regret it. Everything you did was at stake. Check the software and get new wallets.
terrific

Activity: 2114
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:18:00 AM

People are still not learning from others experience.
Don't click those unnecessary and unfamiliar links that are being thrown to your messages.
Don't just sign up and put your private keys to those forms/links.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Pamahaw
Copper Member

Activity: 269
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:21:10 AM

Don't click those unnecessary and unfamiliar links that are being thrown to your messages.
Putting your privates keys online is an idiotic move. We are here on a world where hackers and scammers are just around the corner waiting for us to make a wrong move so we have to protect our wealth as long as possible.
Tarion

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 08:24:40 AM

You always need to be careful with your private key. You also should pay attention, if you are entering the phishing website. Always be aware and never share your private information with anyone else.
bittraffic

Activity: 2926
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2018, 08:40:35 AM

Why not just use the MEW locally so you won't fall victim of these hacking, its an old trick by these hackers but its should have been avoided already if you have the knowledge to simply just login to your account carefully by checking the url in the browser. Json file works good and there are several tutorials about using the MEW locally.

.SWG.io.

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:11:53 AM

I think you have made a mistake when accessing MEW, or before that you have a trojan or virus on your computer. I have used MEW for a long time but have never had any strange access to my wallet
terrific

Activity: 2114
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:23:07 AM

Putting your privates keys online is an idiotic move. We are here on a world where hackers and scammers are just around the corner waiting for us to make a wrong move so we have to protect our wealth as long as possible.
It is the reality and its happening so that's really a bad experience for people who aren't aware of scammers.
Not everyone who are using internet is aware of cyber security and protection.
Too bad for those that became a victim of this.

.SWG.io.

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

cattano

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 02:51:50 AM

I hate that too, but perhaps that thief getting your private key from some place, perhaps from a phishing sites.
If that what happen then you should not using that same wallet again in the future, if you keep on using it, then there is chance that your fund will be taken again.
bep42

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:38:15 PM

In very deed, myetherwallet.com is quite safety, if you observe some conditions:
1. Don't go into to the wallet from search engines.
2. Don't use a secret key for entering.
3. Use Metamask or Keystore.
Collider

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:40:26 PM

I think you have made a mistake when accessing MEW, or before that you have a trojan or virus on your computer. I have used MEW for a long time but have never had any strange access to my wallet
Few months ago there was a DNS hack, hackers changed dns servers and pointed the address MEW to a diffrent one - to web looks like MEW, so a lot of people logged to this site with their private key and they immediately lost everything what they had on their wallets.  Cry
CoinsOrDie

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 01:44:14 PM

Few months ago there was a DNS hack, hackers changed dns servers and pointed the address MEW to a diffrent one - to web looks like MEW, so a lot of people logged to this site with their private key and they immediately lost everything what they had on their wallets.  Cry
I was also a victim of the incident. I've lost all the tokens I've earned since 2017 and I have to change to a new wallet. If I continue to use that wallet, the other token will be gone because the hackers have my private key

Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:11:40 PM

There are always some kind of hacks going on in the market, that is why it is the utmost priority to make sure that your wallets are always secured. Better yet if you can get your hands on a hardware wallet then that would be great for you to use. Always make sure that when you are accessing the wallets you are on the right sites because there are a lot of phishing sites out there.

OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 08:27:28 PM

It is right that Myetherwallet has been vulnerable and hacks happens here and there
But truth remains that unless you compromise your account and make it vulnerable you cannot be hacked
Except you expose your private keys, you are save

Use etherscan or ethplorer to check your tokens value
dimonarka

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 31, 2018, 09:28:35 PM

Sorry. I recently unfortunately had the same thing and it's terrible. coyotels are all improving and progressing. you need to be careful and keep your password secret
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: