Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:04:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Share Your Experience in Altcoin Mining & Profitability  (Read 1279 times)
Teodor (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:28:07 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 06:46:55 PM by Teodor

I'm a little confused about which coins to mine with my Asics...?! Because of huge difficulty, BTC is less profitable now, so must find better coins for mining...

I use online tools - coinchoose, coinwarz, etc. - for watching profitability but you never know exactly what is the best to mine at a time; sometimes I feel like wasting my time trying to do this...  Huh

However, I am thinking seriously to choose few good coins, possible 3+, one for each of my asic rigs and stop searching and researching!  

There are probably some topics about profitability calculation and so on, but what I'd like to see here is share of experience about your results and success with any exotic and noble altcoins. Still, BTC is Gold and LTC is Silver, but I am looking for Platinum and Palladium  Smiley

Thus, any ideeas, advice, or experience shared about SHA256 coins mined and the result got will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimmothy

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:21:55 PM

Altcoins are only more profitable for a short period of time so it is pointless.

Unless you are using an autoexchanging pool or trading yourself but that is a lot of extra work/risk.

I'd just stick to mining btc.
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:53:45 PM

Altcoins are only more profitable for a short period of time so it is pointless.
Unless you are using an autoexchanging pool or trading yourself but that is a lot of extra work/risk.
I'd just stick to mining btc.
Thanks. I am also trading sometimes. I don't know any auto exchanging pool; can you give a link to one?
However, I will also google search...

Teodor (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:57:12 PM

I found middlecoin auto exchanging pool but this doesn't help much in profitability, as you do not have control on your coins price...

jamesc760

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:50:59 AM

Middlecoin has been returning low profits the past few weeks, their miners fled to other auto-switching pools like wafflepool and clevermining. I wouldn't touch middlecoin if I were you.
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

Middlecoin has been returning low profits the past few weeks, their miners fled to other auto-switching pools like wafflepool and clevermining. I wouldn't touch middlecoin if I were you.
Thanks for sharing. I am not going to join their pool. Other people also complianed, so will stay away. Still looking to choose good ones. Would like to make a kind of list with top pools that are reliable and profitable. I am mining now with one avalon 200ghs on Bitcoin.cz but not really satisfied with daily profits. I will also learn more about clevermining and wafflepool.

Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 07:56:23 AM

Comparing Wafflepool and Clevermining:

Wafflepool states their fee rate and Clevermining doesn't, but has a fee structure that increases based on mining revenue. This fee effects the profitability and it is one thing that I consider in choosing a pool.

Graphs on Clevermining are fantastic, but Wafflecoin doesn't have. It's hard to make a decision without all the info. So basically with no info on how high Clevermining fees goes I will have to stick with Wafflepool as it is also competitive on profitability. I also believe in transparency.

Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:22:26 AM

Does anyone uses Megamultipool.com? It looks good, but I'd like to find out from people who are or were mining with this pool. Thanks.

wijnand1

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:34:26 PM

I've been using megamultipool for the last couple of days, so far so good. The hashrate does not seemd to be very accurate since it is sometimes higher than my miner states.
Teodor (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:32:54 PM

I've been using megamultipool for the last couple of days, so far so good. The hashrate does not seemd to be very accurate since it is sometimes higher than my miner states.
Thanks. It seems the same with mining.bitcoin.cz sometimes.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: