Bitcoin Forum
September 21, 2018, 02:54:00 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or exchange?  (Read 147 times)
phamtuantb88

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:54:15 PM

I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
abiola4real

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 03:01:25 PM

Some prefer to buy when a coin enter exchange but as for me i prefer to buy during ICO, because at that time tge price will still be very low and getting much token is easier. Then when it enter exchange I will have chance to sell at higher rate.
anil_saini01

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:26:01 PM

This depends on projects. Most of the times ICOs will provide you great returns but right now according to the market conditions it is very difficult to get large investments into ICOs and even after listing in exchanges we see a dump. Only ICOs which have potential survive this.
nakamura12

Activity: 224
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 09:05:27 PM

Both are considerable to do because some ICO's won't be sold at much higher return or your at loss and when you buy after it's in exchange you will have a chance to sell it at higher rate or not. Some ICO token's price will drop from it's original price when it's still ongoing.

Gloryobinna

Activity: 65
Merit: 1

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 10:29:17 PM

For me..  I will always wait once it enters exchange..  Some coins don't even meet half of the price During ICO once its listed.. They go beyond -4... Buying from exchange is way.

STAKER.network ] ━━ [ The Next Proof-of-Stake Smart Contract Token ] ⚁ 100% 1st Year Interest [ ━━ ] ⚀ Free Airdrops [
Giest

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:56:30 PM

Generally the price after the ICO rises greatly hits a huge like mountain, then it drops, then it gradually grows back up.  The ICO price is generally quite low so it is a good place to pick it up.

Now this is not a rule just something that has been observed happening on successful ICOs.  If the ICO is not successful then your stuck with a dud.  That is the risk of the ICO.
jseverson

Activity: 728
Merit: 627

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:12:11 AM

Depends how comfortable you are with the risk-reward ratio.

Buying during the ICO would set you up for higher profit in the long run while also exposing you to higher risk, considering how many ICO tokens fail.

Buying on an exchange guarantees some level of success, and is certainly much less risky than buying on an exchange, but also limits your profit because they're typically more expensive than when bought at the ICO level. This also lets you skip KYC/AML procedures from ICOs that require it.

Personally, I would suggest only participating in ICOs of projects you truly believe in. Don't get swayed by aggressive marketing.

pubudu92

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:50:56 AM

I prefer buying token through  ICO is a bit risky these days. Because the market condition is not very good. 90% of the recent ICOs are trading bellow ICO price in the exchangers. We can see heavy dump immediate after exchange listing. So I will think its better to not involving ICOs in these days. If the market conditions turn in to a good sign we can buy token through ICOs.
ralle14
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1060

wapinter bounty http://t.me/wapinter

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:59:59 AM

If i'm going to buy a newly launched token i'll buy it on the exchange to see the true value of the token because as you said these bounty hunters can force the price to go down below ico price which is always the case unless the price of Bitcoin starts to go up. Even without bounty hunters these tokens can still go below ico price so waiting until it gets listed is the better option since it gives you the opportunity to buy more.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
JimmyNg90

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:44:22 AM

There is a topic which discuss it before.
I was wonder why so many people invest in ICO when they don't know the actual token price, almost every ICO token is with lower price when go to exchange after ICO ends. If you believe in the success of ICO, why don't wait and buy directly from exchange at lower price?

And I disagree that:
Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

Bounty campagin is often located about 1-5% total supply. If you are an professional investor and you believe that project is promising, you will buy all of tokens which sell by bounty hunter.
So do you think about bonus which in pre-sale, private sale, ... its bonuses are 50%, 20%,... That is the reason why token's price always lower after ICO. So, dont blame on bounty campaign, just cause bad work of project's team.
Risoruni

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:41:22 AM

You never know how the price of tokens will behave. In some cases, it may fall right after ico or go through the roof. I saw both situations but I'd buy on ico.

❐ Zeex  ❐
████ Crypto to product ████
█▄▄   No fiat , No fees  ▄▄█
superving

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:10:35 AM

Better to buy when the is listed on exchange cause a lot of holders will dump the coin and could lead to low price and use that oppourtunity to get those coins in cheap price.

Twitter | Facebook | Telegram | Whitepaper
▶▷> KryptoSEA <◁◀
>Your everyday crypto <
Ezoell

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:24:03 AM

It is better during the ICO because the price is cheap and there are various bonuses, such as 30-40 percent + to buy.
StellaMakk

Activity: 146

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:47:59 AM

Better to buy when the is listed on exchange cause a lot of holders will dump the coin and could lead to low price and use that oppourtunity to get those coins in cheap price.

Add to post - need see all situation in one.
For example company made main ico sale, where token listing on exhange and second ico sale. On second ico whay sale beg part of tokens. After bayers go to exchange ans bump token)
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:35:33 AM

It depends, it is better to buy during exchanges for most tokens but there may be good opportunties for investors during ico as well.

Saint1990

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

Think Positive HODL Everything gonna fine

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:19:03 PM

Buying tokens at the time of ICO and on the exchanges have different different advantages but if you buy after listing on the exchange gives you the few benefits that you dont get at the time of ICOs for example Cheap price as compare to ICO price as well as you dont need to do the KYC. also the bounty hunters dont affect the project as they get only  5% of the total token sold which i feel it does not affect the whole project.

madnessteat

Activity: 210
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:45:40 PM

I agree with this. Bounty hunters sometimes sell tokens cheaper prices during the ICO in 5-10 times. This is a good time to buy promising coins.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:49:26 PM

Currently I think it's better to buy from exchanges. Because of the bear market people tend to sell even lower than the bought their tokens during ICOs. Unless the project has a solid team, it's difficult for new tokens to keep up with their ICO price.
nghi2018

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 05:20:44 PM

It is better to buy coin when it is listed on exchange because there are lots of scam project.
jossiel

Activity: 924
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:54:42 AM

These threads should be in the Altcoin Discussion, newbies aren't asking something that should be in the Beginners and Help but they are asking directly to Altcoin Discussion.

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██