Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:35:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 36875 times)
Croak

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:18:32 PM

What should my batch file look like for cudaminer for maza? I'm not sure what sha256 affects. I've only mined simple scrypt coins on my lowly gtx670.

Currently I have 

cudaminer.exe -i 1 -l K7x32  -C 1 -H 1  -o stratum+tcp://mzc.rocketpool.co.uk:3333

And it just gives me "Boooo" result constantly at about 300khash.

Dude, since it's SHA256 algo, same as Bitcoin, you simply can't use Cudaminer, it's for Scrypt variants, Blake, and Keccak/SHA3 at the moment, and I doubt there will ever be support for SHA256 since it's really pointless to waste GPU power on something that's owned lock stock and barrel by ASIC mining.
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
murraypaul

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:20:09 AM

I have. I can't find a single document from the Tribe itself even discussing MazaCoin, let alone adopting it as their currency.

You will find announcements here:
http://cryptominers.freeforums.org/official-announcements-f4.html

You will find the Memorandum of Agreement.

Which says precisely nothing about them adopting it as a currency.
I think that portion has been completely made up.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:58:54 AM

I have. I can't find a single document from the Tribe itself even discussing MazaCoin, let alone adopting it as their currency.

You will find announcements here:
http://cryptominers.freeforums.org/official-announcements-f4.html

You will find the Memorandum of Agreement.

Which says precisely nothing about them adopting it as a currency.
I think that portion has been completely made up.

Payu was had a talk about the coin at the NYC Bitcoin Center,  I'm sure he was asked this very question.

Anyway, you are just speculating at this point.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jrich76

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:27:13 AM

These guys have been issuing their own currency since 2008, this is only new to us....to them mazacoin is a natural evolution in something they are already engaged in.

http://www.freelakotabank.com/

The Free Lakota Bank is the world’s only non-reserve, non-fractional bank that issues, accepts for deposit, and circulates REAL money: .999 fine silver. All of our demand deposits are liquid, meaning they can be withdrawn at any time in minted rounds.

In 2008, the Free Lakota Bank became the first bank to offer what has now come to be known as Commodity Banking. In this new banking system, value is stored in easy to monetize commodities as opposed to government-issued, controlled, inflated and deflated fiat currencies.
jrich76

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:50:35 AM

At the Free Lakota Bank, our standard unit of account is an ounce of .999 fine Silver. Additionally, we authorize the private minting of our own private currency, minted in .999 fine silver, .9999 fine gold, and .999 fine copper. One of our goals is to help educate our community of the dangers from debt-based fiat currency and fractional banking. We strongly suggest that you trade and save in silver, copper & gold of any name, brand or mark – so long as you can attest to the purity of the coins you circulate. To develop a profit for ourselves, Sovereign Members of the Lakota Nation commissioned the Lakota currency in partnership with the American Open Currency Standard. We use our currency for private trade within our nation, and also authorize the global sale and exchange of our currency. Lakota currency is available in copper, silver and gold in the following units:

http://www.freelakotabank.com/lakota-currency/

I am over here crying I am laughing so hard at the naysayers who were acting like because they are poor and non-white (native american) that somehow they would be incapable of functioning on anything other than fiat paper and firewater.

These guys have been issuing their own non-fiat for YEARS now. This is nothing new to them. It's a natural evolution for them.

We are the ones who are having trouble with non-fiat, not these guys. They are ahead of us.

But this also points to how quickly and seamless the adoption will be to switch to mazacoin.
kana

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:40:05 AM

Any direct word from the tribe would be a big boost. Also the coin should have been 100% premined at than handed/sold off by tribe to make the value much more stable.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 03:47:54 AM

I thought Auror coin was a blatant scam with a symbolic gesture to fool unsuspecting crypto buyers/traders to buy the coin while devs dumped a large premine before the so called "airdrop" happens.  There was no coordination with the government or even an organization in Iceland ahead of time so it was sololy controlled by the developers.  It was a ponzi scheme at best.

So I assume that maze coin is going to be done the same way huh?
scroogeMcDuck

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:09:16 AM

I thought Auror coin was a blatant scam with a symbolic gesture to fool unsuspecting crypto buyers/traders to buy the coin while devs dumped a large premine before the so called "airdrop" happens.  There was no coordination with the government or even an organization in Iceland ahead of time so it was sololy controlled by the developers.  It was a ponzi scheme at best.

The developer has been incredibly vocal and public about mazacoin and its goals. This is the complete opposite of auroracoin.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:13:13 AM

The developer has been incredibly vocal and public about mazacoin and its goals. This is the complete opposite of auroracoin.

Again a good story can be as much a lie as it can be a truth.  Mazecoin has nothing going for it that couldn't be done by bitcoin.  The difference is that if the developer promoted bitcoin to tribes to adopt he wouldn't make any money doing it.  But if he makes a new coin, premines it and gets them to adopt it and they run the price up he makes money.  In the first scenario he is doing it to support cryptos and help the tribes.  In the second he is mostly about making money for himself before anything else.
kana

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:13:32 AM

I thought Auror coin was a blatant scam with a symbolic gesture to fool unsuspecting crypto buyers/traders to buy the coin while devs dumped a large premine before the so called "airdrop" happens.  There was no coordination with the government or even an organization in Iceland ahead of time so it was sololy controlled by the developers.  It was a ponzi scheme at best.

Which makes sense, if the government of some place wanted to make currency this way does not seem like the way to do it. You would think there would be like 100% premine with maybe proof of share inflation or something like a ripple consensus. Letting people mine in mass does not make for good price control. Most importantly the government of the tribe in this case would would need to control the vast majority of the coins from the get go. Those coins would also have to have a finite number of some sort.
remistevens

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:56:05 AM

Mazecoin has nothing going for it that couldn't be done by bitcoin. 

A huge premined national reserve.
vleroybrown

Activity: 1139
Merit: 506

This is who we are.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 04:57:12 AM

Why the fuck are you even interested in crypto coins?  I have never seen you post anything positive about any coin, and are painfully ignorant to blatant facts regarding coins with real potential.   Go get a different hobby  other than trolling a site with folks who have real vision as to why this financial movement is the biggest thing since the internet.  With offical legal status confirmed by the nation of Lakoto and 50000 coins available to non profits I could imagine an army of volunteers teaching and passing out donated android devices with a secure wallet for tribe members and businesses to use the coins available to them.  I myself would be more than willing to help coordinate this type of effort this summer break as a work study experience to my MBA program.  
kana

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:07:45 AM

Mazecoin has nothing going for it that couldn't be done by bitcoin. 

A huge premined national reserve.

That is only five days worth of mining making it unable to stop much of anything
vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:08:37 AM

I thought Auror coin was a blatant scam with a symbolic gesture to fool unsuspecting crypto buyers/traders to buy the coin while devs dumped a large premine before the so called "airdrop" happens.  There was no coordination with the government or even an organization in Iceland ahead of time so it was sololy controlled by the developers.  It was a ponzi scheme at best.

Which makes sense, if the government of some place wanted to make currency this way does not seem like the way to do it. You would think there would be like 100% premine with maybe proof of share inflation or something like a ripple consensus. Letting people mine in mass does not make for good price control. Most importantly the government of the tribe in this case would would need to control the vast majority of the coins from the get go. Those coins would also have to have a finite number of some sort.

The mining infrastructure is being donated in return for the reward of the coins.  Do you have any idea what 7 THps distributed would logistically cost in technical expertise and asic hardware investment.  Its a good deal to allow the miners whose hardware is already running to jumpstart the mining of a p2p coin.  Were do you think these investors are planing on spending said coins as the businesses who will provide value for the coin start providing unique goods and services in exchange for them.  Right back there in the economy of Lakota.  This is a great opportunity to prove what the hell bitcoins potential can be inside the USA and the conspiracy crazies are after a ingenious plan that makes good on a promise for a p2p economy in the most realistic manner we could possibly hope for.  Give me a break get another hobby already.
qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:13:09 AM

I wonder why the value has fallen 150% since yesterday? Are the Whales planning a massive buy up or now everyone decided to move onto another coin? I have 2k sitting in there and the value plummeting should I hold or sell? Grin
kana

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:15:11 AM

The mining infrastructure is being donated in return for the reward of the coins.  Do you have any idea what 7 THps distributed would logistically cost in technical expertise and asic hardware investment.  Its a good deal to allow the miners whose hardware is already running to jumpstart the mining of a p2p coin.  Were do you think these investors are planing on spending said coins as the businesses who will provide value for the coin start providing unique goods and services in exchange for them.  Right back there in the economy of Lakota.  This is a great opportunity to prove what the hell bitcoins potential can be inside the USA and the conspiracy crazies are after a ingenious plan that makes good on a promise for a p2p economy in the most realistic manner we could possibly hope for.  Give me a break get another hobby already.

That is a large cost but mining power is needed for a premine, the biggest worry of people should be the fact that miners dump most of what the get on exchanges. A large part of what is gotten on exchanges is not used to buy real stuff but to try and increase holding in bitcoins.
jamesclark

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:20:20 AM

Aurora coin open the door big for premine, now so many copycats
vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:24:55 AM

That is a large cost but mining power is needed for a premine, the biggest worry of people should be the fact that miners dump most of what the get on exchanges. A large part of what is gotten on exchanges is not used to buy real stuff but to try and increase holding in bitcoins.
Its a free market and whoever ends up with those coins can evaluate the potential value of them based on how relevant they become inside a real economy with real goods and services available for them.  This hasn't happened in a coordinated legal way yet by an entire sovereign nation.  This is the tipping point for p2p currency to have a actual land rather than wave after wave of speculative hopes regarding the inherent value in a technological invention with the potential to be a better system than what we currently have.  God don't you get that while you spread the FUD you cowards have inside yourselves.  Grow the paur of balls you need to step up and contribute something positive, and if not why the fuck are you here?
kana

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:34:08 AM

Its a free market and whoever ends up with those coins can evaluate the potential value of them based on how relevant they become inside a real economy with real goods and services available for them.  This hasn't happened in a coordinated legal way yet by an entire sovereign nation.  This is the tipping point for p2p currency to have a actual land rather than wave after wave of speculative hopes regarding the inherent value in a technological invention with the potential to be a better system than what we currently have.  God don't you get that while you spread the FUD you cowards have inside yourselves.  Grow the paur of balls you need to step up and contribute something positive, and if not why the fuck are you here?

I am here to get people to stop wasting money and time on coins that could be manged better, every time there is a pump and dump we lose people who could have been part of the crypto world so a few people can get more money. In my opinion the best way this could have been done is a massive premine so that all or most coins went right into the tribes hand. After which the coins could have been traded off or given to tribe members.
vleroybrown

This is who we are.

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 05:43:45 AM

I am here to get people to stop wasting money and time on coins that could be manged better, every time there is a pump and dump we lose people who could have been part of the crypto world so a few people can get more money. In my opinion the best way this could have been done is a massive premine so that all or most coins went right into the tribes hand. After which the coins could have been traded off or given to tribe members.

1 why the fuck do you care about the money of people making informed decisions on their own.  Are you somehow equipped to know what is better for them with their own fucking money.  If you don't want to buy or mine the coin don't,  it's simple.

2nd if you have a better plan for the development of a coin all the software code and expertise is open source.   Go for it make a ripple copy, or a bitcoin one just don't expect to get the millions and billions of dollars interest from institutions and business people if you don't add some value.  From all indications this coin adds more value in a specific quantifiable way than any prior to it.  It will be mine and any others risk who decide to mine and buy it in the free market it was placed in.  If you are not going to participate other than cry about how it should have been get a fucking life.  Go do something positive in the way things actually are or shut the fuck up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: