Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:37:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Novaexchange.com (old and new owners) stole eth tokens tenx  (Read 134 times)
Uniter (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:27:48 PM

This started in November. The site was said to be closing and everybody had to withdraw their coins.

I had tenx on there, but the wallet was disabled AND marked for delisting as well as the site close coming up.

I emailed several times upon which I was fed excuses (wallet will be enabled in time etc).

Withdrawals were never enabled and poof the tenx was gone. Then the old owner fed excuses about it being the new owners problem now (yeah right!).

New owners promised a refund months ago I never got it.

I am sending them this link and they are free to reply and sent the tenx.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!!

Emails they sent me:

Hi

This wallet will be available as soon as we resolve the issues that we have. If the wallet is not resolved until the delisting date, we will give time so we can first resolve the issue and then users withdraw their funds.

--
Regards,
NovaExchange support team

Hi!
The period for withdrawing or selling ERC20 tokens has passed. But we will keep your support ticket open and once we have been able to solve the issues with our ERC20 token balances we will process manual withdrawals.

--
Regards,

Yes, where is my tenx pay?

In all the chaos tenx pay was REMOVED before it was even ENABLED to make withdrawing possible in a good timeframe. I expect these tokens BACK

Hi!
The new management will take over all the refund requests, so please make sure to accept the new ToS so that they will have access to your balances and history.

--
Regards,

Hi!
Just make sure to approve new ToS because only those accounts will be transferred to the new owners.
Novaexchange will refund any missing ERC20 tokens as soon as new owners takes over.

--
Regards,

(new owners, this was in May btw)
Hi

Your previous ticket is with our admins. We are going to refund you, but please wait for our admins to do so.

We deeply apologize for the delay and inconvenience that is caused. Never we intended of delaying such processes that we know are important to our costumers.

--
Regards,

(Last mail)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
novaexchange

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 12:55:36 PM

Hello,

new owners of Nova exchange here.

First of all, we're really sorry for your bad experience. There have been a lot of technical issues with the ERC-20 integration on Nova. This is the reason for both the delisting and this is the cause of the delay in refunds.

We, the new owners, have decided to not support ERC-20 tokens for the time being. We must first build a more stable solution to make sure we don't end up in the same situation again. This was decided just a few days before the exchange was sold to us, and as a result, customer support have been sending out conflicting messages about who will do the refunds. All claims for ERC-20 tokens should be sent to the old owners.

We are in daily contact with the old owners, and is continuously working with them to resolve all issues and old claims. Our intentions are that all claims will be refunded. Unfortunately, there are quite a few claims, and with the tech not working as indented, all of them needs to be handled manually. This is taking quite some time.

Both we, the new owners, and the old owners, have the intention to complete all refunds. We can however not give any promises about time frames yet, but will post updates in this thread as we move closer to finding a solution.

Trade your coins at www.novaexchange.com
novaexchange

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 12:43:40 PM

Hello again,

We have reviewed this issue and found a workaround that we believe everyone will be happy with.

We have contacted users that have stuck ERC-20 balances on old Nova Exchange and have offered refunds, either by receiving the equivalent value of DOGE coins, or if the token is traded on another exchange as well, receiving the tokens through that exchange.

Specifically for Uniter, you should have an email in your inbox requesting an address where you wish to receive your funds. Please respond and we will send your tokens. Smiley

If there is any customer that we have not contacted, that believes they still have stuck ERC-20 token on the old Nova Exchange, please do send us an email on contact [at] novaexchange [dot] com and we will try to resolve the issue as swiftly as possible.

Uniter (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:26:29 PM

Yes, they were not taking responsibility.

They are making amends though.

A few days after starting this thread I received this email:

Hi xxx

This is Denis, I am a representative of the old Nova. While we have not yet resolved the issues with the ERC20 tokens that we have yet, I am happy to inform you that I will refund you as you have been extremely delayed.

If you want to get refunded in PAY (TenX), please send me an address and I will buy the amount that we own you ( xxx PAY) from another exchange, and send it over.

Another -more convenient for us, way, is to refund you in BTC or LTC. Please chose one of the above options, declare an address, and I will refund you asap!

--
Regards,
Denis  

I opted for doge and got it immediately.
novaexchange

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 08:25:48 AM

Hello all of you, this is Nova Exchange Official speaking. As you might have heard by now, the previous owner of Nova Exchange begun a cotrolled shutdown of the exchange since the business was growing faster than him and his crew could keep up with.

Starting in late April, we have a larger crew and we've dealt with this ERC-20 issue.

The situation is that everyone should be refunded. IF there is someone, anyone at all,  who believes we made a mistake, ask them to contact the support.

That part where someone calls us "disgraceful". What we did was to take in extra help to execute the ERC-20 refunds from another company. That is not to "not take responsibility", that is just to aquire extra help to solve the problem.

When re-starting Nova, we want to set a very high standard. This means being, and staying, reliable. It means providing a service where the only surprises to hit the traders are sudden movement in the price of their favourite coin. Nothing else. No surprises.

The ERC-20 tokens do offer surprises, and quite a lot of them, we'll be back with new on this and how we will handle it soon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: