Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 09:29:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: will decentralised exchanges be the future ?  (Read 1920 times)
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:22:51 AM

It will be great to see this happen. The centralized exchanges are danger to the existence of Cryptocurrency. They can be hacked, shut down and the coins can be stolen/seized by criminal or governments. Centralized exchanges are totally against what true cryptocurreny represents. They have no option than to decentralized

Hopefully they account for majority of the trades in the future.
thepers0n

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:45:51 PM

I think they will not survive in the near future because the problem of cryptocurrencies' regulation is becoming more and more serious so centralized exchanges can be in favor
Cryptogid

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:05:27 PM

Decentralized exchanges owns the future, but I am not just a fan of that kind of exchange, due to the insecurities, but I am quite sure they will create more secure dex..
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:08:27 PM

Decentralized exchange will be the future but right now there's only a few dex that's good to use. The problem with dex is right now there's only a little trading volume and there's no liquidity that makes trading harder, people complain about the expensive fees or dodgy action that centralized exchange does but they have a great trading volume and people will prefer it as they can trade easier and the ui is easy to use.
People are still looking for a safe and good reputation. Usually they see the history of an exchange.
As I experienced that when I was comfortable with an exchange, I would continue to use it.
Centralized Exchange must also have features like that and provide a much better confidence.
Phlaser

Activity: 257

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 04:18:01 PM

DeX is the future, I think so as well but to be able to handle the current market strength, DeX needs to step up their games in areas such as high charges, insecurity, low trading pool et-cetera. If these listed issues are addressed adequately then we are good to go.
KHodl (OP)

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:26:00 AM

It will be great to see this happen. The centralized exchanges are danger to the existence of Cryptocurrency. They can be hacked, shut down and the coins can be stolen/seized by criminal or governments. Centralized exchanges are totally against what true cryptocurreny represents. They have no option than to decentralized

With recent news of Shapeshift's change from a no account to membership account for AML/KYC reasons we can see how government, regulation and law can effect thriving spaces in crypto. More so in the US than in Asia and else where. Gradually self-regulation by legitimate crypto companies will turn into forced regulation which is why centralisation won't work if the goal is a new system that is fair and just.
Payme21

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 05:40:42 AM

Dex is certainly the future for one very good reason and that is security. It guarantees security because hackers will need to break so many ports to gain access which is not the case with a cex. Another advantage is the speed that is associated with dex

▀▀▀▀▀█████████   CRYPTON          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬                    
▬▬          Revolutionary Cryptocurrency Exchange
KHodl (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:51:26 AM

doing more research have found that there are varying degrees of "decentralised" on exchanges. even ones which say they are might not be. be careful trading on pseudo dexs.
libert19

Activity: 2534
Merit: 952

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2018, 05:52:50 AM

All centralized exchanges bringing kyc thing, and that doesn't really suit with cryptos. Cryptos are decentralized and decentralized exchanges are future.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
asadbd1

Activity: 155

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 05:32:15 AM

A decentralized exchange is an exchange market that does not rely on a third party service to hold the customer's funds. Instead, trades occur directly between users (peer to peer) through an automated process. This system can be achieved by creating proxy tokens (crypto assets that represent a certain fiat or crypto currency) or assets (that can represent shares in a company for example) or through a decentralized multi-signature escrow system, among other solutions that are currently being developed.
azalea69

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 06:25:32 AM

I just conclude that this decentralized exchange will have a future, but in better and positive content, exchanges can occur well and costs are cheap and safe so many will be present to continue monitoring this exchange.
KHodl (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:02:20 AM

All centralized exchanges bringing kyc thing, and that doesn't really suit with cryptos. Cryptos are decentralized and decentralized exchanges are future.

agree but depends on who is using them. aml.kyc for centralised exchanges were brought along for a number of reasons. firstly to satisfy the regulators in that region (usually the US), secondly for traders to feel comfortable with a process as aml.kyc is associate with legitimacy and thirdly for institutional funding in an attempt to make it less wild west like the good old days. 
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 10:08:07 AM

It has no Decentralized exchange potential ever opened to the transaction. It is not preferred by people. EtherDelta and the like are used because of necessity.
Ursuladaughter

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:01:22 AM

The p2p exchange principle is always featured in the crypto market. However, exchanges take place only when there is scope for expansion.
Rkss4

Activity: 980

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:07:58 AM

Yes decentralized exchanges have better future because it  have extra security thus hackers don't hack your assets. Like binance, Bittrex..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌     Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬
fortuner

Activity: 259
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 11:14:28 AM

i agree with you, if it make to be decentralized, so, there are big manipulation inside and many parties will be harmed
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:40:14 AM

Decentralized exchangers will develop, because they will need to be due to the massive regulation of the crypto currency from the state authorities and the need to pay taxes that many citizens will consider too large. Such decentralized exchangers may well appear in offshore zones or in countries that are friendly to the crypto currency. Since the crypto currency is relatively anonymous, many for various reasons will not want to be identified in centralized exchangers, so that their data will not be used in the future. Therefore, decentralized exchangers will exist and develop.

CryptoSifus

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:47:33 AM

The DEX is definately the way crypto needs to go to beat government interference and to further dis-empower their control matrix.
There are many excellent DEX's coming online. The one I am looking at to take the reigns is from bitfinex, but others not to be overlooked (still in early stages) are Infinidex and Moondex. Bitshares is a great base, but with the launch of eos, I think we will start to see more decentralised dapps being built on the network like DEX which will make bitshres look very slow and congested.
Required KYC and AML regulations are criminal invasions of my financial privacy.
What I choose to spend my money on is no ones business, most of all the banks and governments.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
CryptoSifus

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:55:15 AM

I think they will not survive in the near future because the problem of cryptocurrencies' regulation is becoming more and more serious so centralized exchanges can be in favor
That's the whole point of DEX. When government tries to manipulate and control the centralized exchanges through regulation and the threat of force the decentralized exchanges will provide the solution to the people.
Which one will you use?
The exchange that requires KYC and reports your trades to your local mob (government)
Or
The exchange that allows you to trade anonymously and without fear of confiscation or censorship?
The centralized exchanges are the ones doomed to fail, not the other way around.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Danilotot

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:57:25 AM

the decentralized exchange will be most useful in the coming periods. it's part of cryptocurrency so we have no idea what that's about. if the cryptocurrency continues, these exchanges also continue. like IDEX, HOTBIT, FROKDELTA AND OTHER.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: