Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:07:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instead of Foodstamps, hows about Bitcoins?  (Read 1988 times)
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 09:52:01 PM

In the op's solution they would buy cigarettes and alcohol with bitcoins where they can't with food stamps.
Also it is not our fault if they want to buy pop tarts instead of bulk food that would be able to feed them for a full month.
I know i will be flamed and hated on for this but the low class who needs food stamps need nothing to do with bitcoin they have no business pouring cash they should be using to feed themselves and children into video cards or computers that could mine.
So you know the eating/buying habits of every person on foodstamps?
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:01:22 PM

the ultimate solution would be for the OP in his own town to seek out a grocery store owner and tempt them into accepting bitcoins. and then offer to his state agency that is in control of the food stamps program, a service where he will take control of the food stamp revenue for that town at a discount of the budget.

if played right he could buy cheap bitcoins and give them to the residents at a weekly fixed rate of exchange at the grocery store, so that they do not have to worry about volatility. and obviously at the end of the week he passes the states revenue to the grocery store and then redistributes the bicoins from the grocery store, back to the residents. either buying or selling bitcoins inbetween.

if a success then this could be expanded on a state level bases.

if the OP does not want to do this. then obviously the whole thread is just a theoretical rant from a armchair activist and needs no more input.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
lunas

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:53:17 PM

In the op's solution they would buy cigarettes and alcohol with bitcoins where they can't with food stamps.
Also it is not our fault if they want to buy pop tarts instead of bulk food that would be able to feed them for a full month.
I know i will be flamed and hated on for this but the low class who needs food stamps need nothing to do with bitcoin they have no business pouring cash they should be using to feed themselves and children into video cards or computers that could mine.
So you know the eating/buying habits of every person on foodstamps?
no but i do know how most of the ones in my area would spend them. Anyway stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason like memes if enough examples get witnessed then the stereotype comes into existence.

You might get 6 out of 10 doing the right thing but 4 of those people are going to show them they can do it wrong then 9 of the 10 will do it wrong and the 10th will take a morally superior stance and do it right out of spite for the 9 people gaming the system.
HorseCoin

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:36:53 PM

anybody buying cigarettes or alcohol with bitcoins is sick in the head.

u have access to EVERY fucking drug on Silk Road.  and you'd still choose your fucking cigarettes and alcohol.  what kind of robotic walking zombie loser are u
Musent

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:22:26 PM

I think it's a great concept, though may need some tweaking. Maybe make certain stores ONLY take bitcoins (new food stamps) and those on food stamps can only shop there.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:38:48 PM

How about actual food instead of food stamps?

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
Musent

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:40:22 PM

Coming from where? Wouldn't it be easier to give BTC instead of making food. Although, with giving food, it would boost economy.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:45:04 PM

Coming from where? Wouldn't it be easier to give BTC instead of making food. Although, with giving food, it would boost economy.

Primarily the Midwest.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
Musent

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:49:07 PM

Primarily the Midwest.
Rethinking what you said, it really would be better to give food since it would boost economy.
lunas

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:35:20 AM

anybody buying cigarettes or alcohol with bitcoins is sick in the head.

u have access to EVERY fucking drug on Silk Road.  and you'd still choose your fucking cigarettes and alcohol.  what kind of robotic walking zombie loser are u
silk road is gone the point of this would be if it was main stream and used everywhere...then again 60% of people i have seen on ebt cards would not know what a bit coin was even if you explained it.

but while you bring it up yeah they would buy meth and weed and heroin not a drop of food would be bought here on bitcoin instead of food stamp recipients infact they do that shit now buy shit on food stamps then sell it for cash and get weed or alcohol or cigarettes.
Coins4life

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:17:33 AM

I think it is a great idea but there are too many reasons why it wouldn't work, at least for now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: