Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:49:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie's Guide to Getting Merit (Proven)  (Read 2181 times)
mu_enrico (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2133

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 08:39:21 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2018, 10:10:32 AM by mu_enrico
Merited by TMAN (20), dbshck (6), malevolent (3), DdmrDdmr (2), auroboros (2), LoyceV (1), krogothmanhattan (1), o_e_l_e_o (1), Husna QA (1), joniboini (1), hacker1001101001 (1), ndutndut (1), Helana (1)

First of all, I started with 0 merits, 0 friends, non-native English speaker, average IQ, and this is my first and my only active account on the bitcointalk forum. If you are searching for the ultimate average Joe newbie who can get some merit, I'm one of them.

#1 The Attitude
In my opinion, this is the most important quality if you join a new forum or a new community. Your attitude here cannot be just asking, begging, and seek profit for yourself. You need to give something to the BTT community to get "gratuities" in the form of merit point.

Because this is a forum for bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, you need to have a decent knowledge before you can make a meaningful post. Your attitude should be "read more and write less," doesn't matter how smart you were in your little pond. Most of the time, you are dumb. This is a place where a newbie can read posts created by satoshi, gmaxwell, Gavin Andresen, and many more bitcoin guru.

Because this forum currently full of spam and scam, as a newbie, there is a high probability that you will experience insult and some hostility from some high-rank member. Just don't get butthurt and move on with your learning process. Many high-rank members are a "filthy rich" millionaire and a bitcoin guru, so actually, it's better to get a response from them, instead of nothing like in our everyday real-life.

#2 Posting a New Reply
Before you post a reply on a topic, you should follow the discussion, not only read the OP's post but also until last post reply. Most of the time, someone already wrote what you're going to write so don't repeat it. Remember "read more and write less."

Don't reply on a spam topic i.e. topic with little or no new meaningful information. If you have read a lot of topics, you will see that topics like "top altcoin," "bitcoin price," "bitcoin vs fiat," etc., have been created (and answered) multiple times. You want to avoid replying on this "megathread."

When you find a good topic and you can give a meaningful valid reply, then take your time, don't just post short (one-liner) reply without full information. It's not that you have to expand your sentence to get a longer text, but just give clear and concise full information.

Don't claim other work as your work, note that plagiarism will result in a permanent ban. You must give a correct citation if you want to insert a quote from another writer.

#3 Posting a New Topic
Before you create a new topic, you must use the search button and/or google site search. Use
Code:
keyword site:bitcointalk.org
Just don't create a duplicate post if you don't have new information to share. As a newbie, actually you will rarely need to create your own topic.

Merit can be earned anywhere including your local board. If you have a limited English like me, consider creating a good quality topic on your local board. It's easier to write a good quality topic on the local board because not many papers were translated/reworked and discussed in the local language.

You don't need fancy style or heavy formatting to create a good post, let your writing speak for itself. You can also create your own bitcoin guide to help local member learn about bitcoin in a serial post. See my local learning thread, for example, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4459504.0 on this thread I use self-moderation to remove spam to keep clean of my "classroom."

#4 Make Friends (and Enemies)
When you participate in the effort of making this forum better, you'll naturally attract other good members to become your friend, or at least frequently interact with them. However, you also attract other shitposters, spammers, and fellow "newbies who don't get it" to hate you. Related to this spammers, you have two options: become a cunt or become a Dalai Lama. It's your personal choice.

#5 THE Bounty
I regret my decision on joining signature campaign bounty. At first, 10 posts a week seems like nothing. But it will hinder your further learning development. 10 Serious posts in a week is a lot of work! Yes, it's nothing if you are shitposting and not implement my suggestion from #2 and #3. I consider taking a break on sigcamp for at least a month or two after this campaign end. I think the article campaign is more suitable for me. Now I know why the signature campaign participant often being called as shitposter.

As a closure, I didn't create this topic as a way of merit fishing as I'm also annoyed by merit fishers on the Meta board. I'm pretty confident that my posting behavior and my attitude will earn me merits in the future. I think this is the first and the last time I ever post a new topic about merit. Anyway, if you find this post helpful, please consider donating to World Wide Fund for Nature. See ya~

PS: Feel free to point out my grammar errors in this topic, and I'm more than happy to fix it.

Message from The Don:
about quoting the whole post when not needed - that gets people put on ignore lists.
Don't quote the whole post when not needed, guys. You will only need to click the "reply" button for most cases.
Respect other readers! They will find it really annoying to scroll down the quoted full post, only to find your one paragraph comment.

Worth reading:
<...>
Now, I would like to share something about myself and my journey in this scary wonderful place that this forum and community is (and it is AMAZING hehe)
I have been a member on the forum for a year now, and have educated myself and gathered knowledge on the same forum for a few years now. I may have been taking my sweet time with posting on topics and replies, but I thought at the time that the issues were already addressed (as I like to read back quite a bit) or my opinion wasn't valid or helpful enough to warrant a post from me. Hence, I am a 1 year member with a Newbie account with 5 posts (6 posts, this one included) and no merit - AND THIS IS FINE. I wouldn't have it any other way. Why?

Well, the answer to this question is simple - I have learned so much and have grown as an investor and supporter of crypto projects, that in my mind I am the one who has benefited so much and have given back to the community so little, it shames me. But yeah, I completely agree with "read more write less" and would add "don't say anything if you have nothing to say" (informative or constructive, with a brief explanation as to why), and have been following this rule as a general principal in life.

Following these principals, I can now say that I have the knowledge and know-how (still have a lot to learn though) to be able to take over and revive a cryptocurrency project and make it grow, flourish and succeed, because I believe its the right thing to do (lazy devs, didnt want to make an effort and didnt want to do the work)......
And before I go off topic here, just wanted to give a sincere thank you to the OP for sharing his journey with us, and making an effort to help out the new forum members on how to properly and sincerely become part of the amazing crypto community we have

Suggested reading:
TMAN'S guide to getting merit >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3182178.0
Guide to earning merits >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2901152.0
Newbie with merit? Yes its possible! >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4442656.0
Ranking up easily. Newbie to Member in less than 2 months! >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4779262.0
LIST OF THREADS GIVING AWAY MERIT POINTS FOR QUALITY POSTS >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2832127.0
Index to popular bitcointalk threads >> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4422529.0

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SuiMikira

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:09:14 AM

People give merit to a post if they see it's worth to read and the personal opinion of each people is different. Your post has nothing new.

#5 THE Bounty
I regret my decision on joining signature campaign bounty. At first, 10 posts a week seems like nothing. But it will hinder your further learning development.
There is no relevance between signature bounty and increasing knowledge. These are two completely different things.
Retty

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:52:55 AM

OP, I've posted similar things to yourself on here too, and been told that its nothing new or has been said before etc. Yes, it might have been said before, but where is it now? probably dozens of pages back where nobody is going to see it.

If we are to try and improve quality posters here, people need to hear success stories. I'm very much like yourself, never been here before May (when i joined) and i dipped my toes in the water and thought i'd post a few things and to be honest i liked the community and the excitement (and the despair! Angry) surrounding crypto. The fact that i know nobody in real life that is into crypto, finding this place filled in a lot of gaps for me. Where i could converse and share opinion with likeminded people.

Point i'm trying to make, is there are hundreds/thousands (presumably) of new members join here every day, and a lot of what you see is moaning and complaining about the ranking/merit system, this is extremely discouraging to a lot of people, so there needs to be a balance of positive news from people like ourselves who are willing to join the conversation, spread positivity and try to improve the sentiment in the  community.

People need to realise that, and stop with the doom and gloom as it only breeds more negativity.

Good post mate, and i hope you continue to be a valued member!  Wink
Intrachain

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 11:23:03 AM

I can only agree with the previous post by Retti! Might be the case that some others have posted something about similar topics, but especially for Newbies in this forum, just like me, it takes forever to find such information, hence it's very useful to find such posts again  Smiley Thanks for the valuable contribution mu_enrico!!
mu_enrico (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2018, 01:24:43 PM

<...>
Your post has nothing new.
There is no relevance between signature bounty and increasing knowledge. These are two completely different things.
Then why you still shitposting if you already know? It must be easy for you to create 10 posts a week. *cough

<...>
Oh, I remember your post. I've put it on "suggested reading."

<...>
Why don't you post something useful instead of this merit fapping? As for newbie here, merit is useful only for signature campaign. Don't feel obliged to get a merit, your post quality (and learning) is more important.
Thanks for your positive attitude even though I've called you a merit fapper *lol
But really mate, there are so many things to write. Don't just write about merit and post only on Meta.
Go here Grin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=6.0

<...>Might be the case that some others have posted something about similar topics, but especially for Newbies in this forum, just like me, it takes forever to find such information, hence it's very useful to find such posts again<...>
I thought I added something new and valuable here... Oh well, your welcome mate.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:01:33 AM

This is a place where a newbie can read posts created by satoshi, gmaxwell, Gavin Andresen, and many more bitcoin guru.

+ This is a place where community is too strong. You can get quality answer, warnings against scam all for free without any annoying notification and subscription.  There is some problem with spam but with time you understand what to read and what to weed out.

At first, 10 posts a week seems like nothing. But it will hinder your further learning development.
Join the campaign that suit the posting habit of yours. There is no force by forum to complete your bounty obligation (Forum is not going to ban or red trust you if you do not write 10 post) so even you join bounty do not get pressurized by it and continue on your learning path.

I am alive
priscadavids

Activity: 58

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 12:20:22 PM

#2 Posting a New Reply
Before you post a reply on a topic, you should follow the discussion, not only read the OP's post but also until last post reply. Most of the time, someone already wrote what you're going to write so don't repeat it. Remember "read more and write less."

Don't reply on a spam topic i.e. topic with little or no new meaningful information. If you have read a lot of topics, you will see that topics like "top altcoin," "bitcoin price," "bitcoin vs fiat," etc., have been created (and answered) multiple times. You want to avoid replying on this "megathread."

When you find a good topic and you can give a meaningful valid reply, then take your time, don't just post short (one-liner) reply without full information. It's not that you have to expand your sentence to get a longer text, but just give clear and concise full information.

Don't claim other work as your work, note that plagiarism will result in a permanent ban. You must give a correct citation if you want to insert a quote from another writer.

I totally agree to this... I came across something like this and its been helpful so far
Helana

Activity: 80
Merit: 70

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:44:15 PM

Point i'm trying to make, is there are hundreds/thousands (presumably) of new members join here every day, and a lot of what you see is moaning and complaining about the ranking/merit system, this is extremely discouraging to a lot of people, so there needs to be a balance of positive news from people like ourselves who are willing to join the conversation, spread positivity and try to improve the sentiment in the  community.

You're absolutely right. This is my very first post, but I've been in here just as a guest, reading a lot of threads here in the forum. This is an awesome place, and I was kind of scared of starting to write.
I understand why the senior people here is so tired from the newbies like me, for this is really exhausting to see what's going on every single day: a lot of people joining here with the only goal of earning something.
I've also kind of followed you, Retty, because I've seen your posting behaviour as one of the healthiest in here and collaborative. That' s maybe why I am quoting to you know.

The example, I think, is one of the best ways to show others that you can actually make a name for yourself in here.
Now, to the OP, to me this kind of posts are useful. Sadly, not too many people are willing to learn in here, but to earn. Anyway, just by reaching a couple of two newbies with the will of just improving the forum is a victory from my perspective. It is not going to stop newcomers with the only goal of earning some bucks in a bounty, but, if you can reach a few and make them think about the forum, you can absolutely make the difference.

So thanks to both. You encouraged me to make my very first post in here.

Retty

Activity: 154
Merit: 47

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:49:09 PM

[/quote]

So thanks to both. You encouraged me to make my very first post in here.

[/quote]

Hey Helena. Thats awesome to hear and i'm very pleased to see that you have received your first merit too!  Wink Jetcash is a good guy and makes a real effort to clean this place up from the serial sh*tposters.

Honestly, the vast majority of being here is just common sense, if you have an interest in crypto (or a bit of an obsession like moi!  Tongue) you can honestly learn a lot from being here and just browsing. I tend to stay away from certain sections because of spam etc, and no doubt once you find your feet here you'll do the same.

I'm thrilled that fellow newbies can take a little inspiration from other fairly new members too, don't be afraid to reach out if you need help here- we're mainly a friendly bunch!  Cheesy

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts in the future.
Helana

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 07:43:40 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2018, 08:41:37 PM by Helana

Hey Helena. Thats awesome to hear and i'm very pleased to see that you have received your first merit too!  Wink Jetcash is a good guy and makes a real effort to clean this place up from the serial sh*tposters.
Hey!! Thanks!! yes, I've been following Jet Cash projects for a while, and I have also joined his Fit to Talk amazing project. Did you know about that? Just in case, here goes the link: https://fittotalk.com/english-talk/index.php
And yes... wow, it was kind of awesome to receive 2 merits for my very first post jaja. Shocked

Honestly, the vast majority of being here is just common sense, if you have an interest in crypto (or a bit of an obsession like moi!  Tongue) you can honestly learn a lot from being here and just browsing. I tend to stay away from certain sections because of spam etc, and no doubt once you find your feet here you'll do the same.
Ufff... yes. I' m now just trying to "decode" this amazing world, for it is totally new to me, but I think I'm quite a good learner, or I hope so!!
About "certain sections", totally agree. I was just for about five minutes reading the Altcoin Board and it was annoying, as well as the Bitcoin Discussion one. This is kind of sad to see how few are truly interested in learning in here, there is like a massive invasion of beggars... But, anyway, there are also some good and interesting people. I've also come to admire somehow DdmrDdmr, he's awesome with his stats. Theyoungmillonaire is good too, and all the Satoshi's threads have been an inspiration to me too!

I'm thrilled that fellow newbies can take a little inspiration from other fairly new members too, don't be afraid to reach out if you need help here- we're mainly a friendly bunch!  Cheesy
Thank you, really. And yes, I kind of see the forum as a very big city being fastly overpopulated, so I can truly understand why so many people are just seeking for some earnings, it is like when a city grows fast: the newcomers usually come to live in there just because they heard they were going  to find a job, they don' t usually care about the city culture or tradition. Something similar I feel is happening in here: a crowded place growing too fast, maybe?

Looking forward to seeing more of your posts in the future.
Again, thanks. I will try my best. Honestly, I prefer to join a conversation just if it gives me something to think about or if I have something to add. So maybe I will remain for a while just reading 'till I get to understand fully where can I contribute here.

petyang12

Activity: 352
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 10:15:08 PM

You can have an answer to your questions here. Higher ranks would also help you if you have something to ask related to the forum and cryptocurrency like this thread on how to earn merit and more. Most higher ranks won't give merit to users that focusing only on signature campaigns as most bounty hunters spam in the forum and will overflowed the important topics or threads by the useless and crap posts.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ ▀▀▀▄     T F S     ▄▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Move Your Game To The Next Level
[    TG GROUP    ]  [  TG CHANNEL  ]  [     TWITTER     ]  [     MEDIUM     ]
mu_enrico (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 02:46:53 AM

+ This is a place where community is too strong. You can get quality answer, warnings against scam all for free without any annoying notification and subscription.  There is some problem with spam but with time you understand what to read and what to weed out.
Agree with this statement, anyway may I know how to pronounce your username? I find it intriguing.

<...>There is no force by forum to complete your bounty obligation (Forum is not going to ban or red trust you if you do not write 10 post) so even you join bounty do not get pressurized by it and continue on your learning path.
Well, it's true that there is no punishment if you cannot create 10 posts in a week. But, still, it encourages one-liner post or not well-written post. Some high-rank member may get away with this kind of post since they don't need merit. But not for the newbie. A newbie needs to construct well-written posts in order to be seen and perceived as a valuable member of this community.

I totally agree to this... I came across something like this and its been helpful so far
<...>So thanks to both. You encouraged me to make my very first post in here.<...>
Welcome to the community mate!

<...>Looking forward to seeing more of your posts in the future.<...>
<...>And yes... wow, it was kind of awesome to receive 2 merits for my very first post jaja. Shocked
Again, thanks. I will try my best. Honestly, I prefer to join a conversation just if it gives me something to think about or if I have something to add. So maybe I will remain for a while just reading 'till I get to understand fully where can I contribute here.<...>
True, however, this doesn't mean that you need to make a similar post or a post about merit to be merited. Leveling-up to a member is fairly easy if you only know how to be a "nice citizen," but to become a full member you need a real distinct "serious skill." Godspeed mate!

You can have an answer to your questions here. Higher ranks would also help you if you have something to ask related to the forum and cryptocurrency like this thread on how to earn merit and more. Most higher ranks won't give merit to users that focusing only on signature campaigns as most bounty hunters spam in the forum and will overflowed the important topics or threads by the useless and crap posts.
Did you really read my post or just shitposting mate?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:02:28 AM
Merited by mu_enrico (1)

--
Agree with this statement, anyway may I know how to pronounce your username? I find it intriguing.

Simple  (R-one S -two -G three )
RG is my initial and SG are initial of my wife and daughter.
RG SG SG => R1S2G3

Sorry to all for going off topic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A newbie needs to construct well-written posts in order to be seen and perceived as a valuable member of this community.

I agree. Forum is sometime too harsh for newbie and Jr.Member and I saw higher rank members also who were caught for Copy-pasting and doing the lot of shit.

Have you seen the Theymos reply in below post?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4893744.msg44432901#msg44432901

It just mean we should do whatever in our capacity and do not expect anything from him soon

--------------------------------------------------------
PS: Welcome Helena, We really need good reader and writers.

I am alive
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:59:30 PM

--

Simple  (R-one S -two -G three )
RG SG SG => R1S2G3

Sorry to all for going off topic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A newbie needs to construct well-written posts in order to be seen and perceived as a valuable member of this community.

I agree. Forum is sometime too harsh for newbie and Jr.Member and I saw higher rank members also who were caught for Copy-pasting and doing the lot of shit.

Have you seen the Theymos reply in below post?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4893744.msg44432901#msg44432901

It just mean we should do whatever in our capacity and do not expect anything from him soon

The forum is not really harsh to newbies. Its about the expectations that have been set for anyone who is old enough to visit the forum to know some basic things. For example, you don't have to be in the forum to know that copy and posting of other people intellectual assets without giving proper reference and acknowledgement is wrong. Its pure plagiarism that is frown at in every human gathering in the world.

Another case is by default you don't join a community or a new work place and start behaving the way you think its the right way to behave but rather you take your time to understand their way of life before trying to force yourself or else, you realise you are not welcomed. This is not different from what is interpreted as being harsh because they fail to read, there are sticky threads to help you get your feet but no attention is given to it, reputation, beginners and help and meta sections of the forum are there but they won't visit on service sections or bounty, digital accounts until they break a rule that could not be ignored then its concluded that the forum is harsh.
Helana

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 06:20:40 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2018, 03:16:37 AM by Helana

True, however, this doesn't mean that you need to make a similar post or a post about merit to be merited. Leveling-up to a member is fairly easy if you only know how to be a "nice citizen," but to become a full member you need a real distinct "serious skill." Godspeed mate!

Yep, honestly I'm not in here for earning purposes, so I don' t really care about ranking-up (maybe except for being able to participate in the Serious Discussion and IT board) and I do not intend to do another thread about merits (it has been explained too many times, I guess). I was just curious because I've heard so many times the "Make constructive and informative posts", and yet see the people complaining, that I come to question myself if it was true or just another "cliché statement". But after taking a look at the statistics in the <meta section it seems pretty clear to me that the "merits issue" a lot of people is feeling in here is just absurd.
Let me explain myself: when a problem seems to be so many times mentioned, one tends to think that maybe -and just maybe-  there is something wrong with the system. So I got curious about the "merit" topic becoming a trend, starring by infinite complains. But, taking a look at the DdmrDdmr's stats: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4730614.0
It is pretty clear that the merit system is actually working just fine. The most merited posts per number of posts are in Serious Discussion (something that makes me happy) Meta, Bitcoin technical support and technical discussion, places where the people are often trying their best and actually caring about the forum or about helping others. So yes, the statement is not a cliché!!
I guess the issue is different, though. Maybe a matter of education? I mean: there are not many people respectful enough just to understand that the merit system is just another system, and it is supposed to "filter" the contributors from the "money seekers"? And yet, the "money seekers", unable to understand that simple rule are complaining?

It is kind of hilarious. But, again, I hope that, by reading your post, some "money seekers" actually get to understand that life is hard, and that you actually need to work hard in order to get some recognition  Grin

Thanks!! I will try my best!!
unorowest

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:31:24 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

I have stopped worrying about merits, they will come when they will, just try and make useful contributions to the forum and they the merits will come.
aminurrahaman

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:31:40 PM

I am totally agree with you about this, cause if you read more gradually you will improve your knowledge, if you have good knowledge then your posting and reply quality will increase and other members in this forum will find something new from you. But learning is not a one time task, its a life long process, you have to continue this to stay updated and become more knowledgeable.
mu_enrico (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2018, 03:51:41 AM

<...>Simple  (R-one S -two -G three )
RG SG SG => R1S2G3<...>
+1 for being such a good dad.

<...>I agree. Forum is sometime too harsh for newbie and Jr.Member and I saw higher rank members also who were caught for Copy-pasting and doing the lot of shit.<...>
I think this situation occurs because of some asshole culprit inside this forum instead of this forum as a whole. Also, harsh may not be the best word to describe this situation. I favor "biased."

<...>It just mean we should do whatever in our capacity and do not expect anything from him soon
Yeah as he said that this forum has a lot of dynamics, he cannot implement any of the ideas in a rush. However, I think this guide will still be relevant even if this forum updated.

<...>
Yep, that's what I'm trying to say, mate.

Yep, honestly I'm not in here for earning purposes<...>
It's fine mate, whatever your motivation here is none of our business, as long as you are not violating the rule. Grin

<...>Maybe a matter of education? I mean: there are not many people respectful enough just to understand that the merit system is just another system, and it is supposed to "filter" the contributors from the "money seekers"? And yet, the "money seekers", unable to understand that simple rule are complaining?

It is kind of hilarious. But, again, I hope that, by reading your post, some "money seekers" actually get to understand that life is hard, and that you actually need to work hard in order to get some recognition  Grin
It's not as simple as that. The problem is that (1) some shitposters get merit airdrop just because they are here long enough. I think new shitposters envy of old shitposters. (2) Old shitposters kind of not getting punished like the new shitposters.

<...>
Welcome, and keep learning mate.

<...>
Tried to find reportable post in your post history, but no luck. Careful mate.

@MOBbrothers
Reported

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
nngella

Activity: 308
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 02:27:15 PM

OP, I've posted similar things to yourself on here too, and been told that its nothing new or has been said before etc. Yes, it might have been said before, but where is it now? probably dozens of pages back where nobody is going to see it.

People need to realise that, and stop with the doom and gloom as it only breeds more negativity.

Good post mate, and i hope you continue to be a valued member!  Wink

I second on this one, I think the best way to earn a merit is to just post what you think is quality post.  If someone makes any harsh comments (e.g. "not something new", "poor english grammar", "use search button", etc), just do not mind them.  You know your intention, and that is to help and contribute in the community.  On the other hand, the people who are always criticizing the works of others are just people who cannot contribute anything hence they just focus their attention to the posters.

ncn1992vn

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 03:48:01 PM

I also am interested in this discussion.
I learn a lot of information and found it difficult to work with, especially those who are not good English like me.
Thanks for your post...
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: