Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:26:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Philippine Politics  (Read 154 times)
alkim.giron (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 08:31:10 AM

- Philippine President making gaps with US by buying military equipment to Russia and China. We all know that USA is the strongest ally of the Philippines for the longest time. It is instrumental on its liberation on the second world war.
- A Chinese aircraft that recently made Manila's main airport congested and made a lot of flights to be cancelled and diverted to secondary airports will be brought to the Philippine Senate to undergo investigation as it caused a lot of inconvenience to local and international passengers. It also caused millions of dollars of economic lost.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gerald_Albright

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:53:09 PM

Could you explain what is so bad about buying weapons from Russia or China? I imagine the weapons are cheaper. They're probably not much worse either. Just because you buy weapons from Russia or China, doesn't mean you are now enemies with the US. Business is business, as they say. It seems childish for the US to get offended by that. It's like if you usually buy fruit from a guy that helped you throw out your couch once. It shouldn't be a crime to buy fruits from somebody else.

What's the story about the Chinese aircraft? Maybe you could include a link?
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:26:39 PM

Could you explain what is so bad about buying weapons from Russia or China? I imagine the weapons are cheaper. They're probably not much worse either. Just because you buy weapons from Russia or China, doesn't mean you are now enemies with the US. Business is business, as they say. It seems childish for the US to get offended by that. It's like if you usually buy fruit from a guy that helped you throw out your couch once. It shouldn't be a crime to buy fruits from somebody else.

What's the story about the Chinese aircraft? Maybe you could include a link?

If the US is complaining about buying from Russia and China, maybe they should offer something cheaper to a good 'ol friend, right?

Also, about that whole mess. http://news.abs-cbn.com/video/news/08/18/18/watch-how-stalled-chinese-plane-was-removed-from-naia-runway

The Philippines is basically the Stormlands, you don't come unprepared.
charina

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:06:34 PM

- Philippine President making gaps with US by buying military equipment to Russia and China. We all know that USA is the strongest ally of the Philippines for the longest time. It is instrumental on its liberation on the second world war.
- A Chinese aircraft that recently made Manila's main airport congested and made a lot of flights to be cancelled and diverted to secondary airports will be brought to the Philippine Senate to undergo investigation as it caused a lot of inconvenience to local and international passengers. It also caused millions of dollars of economic lost.
because duterte wants to be friend with putin and to China’s president...duterte i think knows how to play his cards...wait until he becomes a friend of the north korean president and buy weapons also to them...lol..😜😜🧐.
Bigboss0912

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:54:55 PM

Yes it is true that the US relationship in the Philippines is really different because it is one of the help of the Philippine nation to protect and protect those who can do bad things here, but despite all of it suddenly split and many are sad but still much hope returning the relationship to one another to mean anything else.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:04:17 AM

Could you explain what is so bad about buying weapons from Russia or China?

Tomonews has an answer for this question which has some validity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsvMQ3uSohY

For the record I've not paid much attention to Duterte or Philippine politics until recently, but I had a feeling the guy may be all right based solely on the negative rap he gets in the Western press.  Lately I've been paying more attention to the guy and I basically like what I see.  Some of what I see I like quite a bit.

That said, funny is funny and I love the Taiwanese Animators' work even when I don't see things the same way.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
SimonOdell
Copper Member

Activity: 162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 02:19:46 AM

If Deuterte is cosying up with Russia and China he will soon find himself in the same boat as Bashar Al Assad. There are already terrorist groups in the Philippines, the "Iron Bank of Bravvos" will fund his enemies...

TOURIVA The World is Yours! https://touriva.info - Discord : https://discord.gg/wnteRpR
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:56:54 AM

If Deuterte is cosying up with Russia and China he will soon find himself in the same boat as Bashar Al Assad. There are already terrorist groups in the Philippines, the "Iron Bank of Bravvos" will fund his enemies...

It's already happening anyway.  The best Duterte can do is to warn and educate his citizens and use Syria as an example of the hell USRael can bring down on a target nation if they drop their guard.  No sane person would want these kinds of creeps in their back-yard.  I hope Duterte _mandates_ that private citizens have military grade small arms and know how to use them.  Or at least a fair fraction of them.  It would take a hell of a lot of so-called 'Jihadi's to make a dent in a well armed and well educated population.

The Maoist NPA already has small arms complements of China so giving the normal citizenry a way to fight back is not going to hurt anything.  Plus the NPA, as nasty as they can be, would probably be the first to fire at the CIA planted 'Jihadis.'  That's a total guess on my part, though, since I don't know jack about it.  Yet.  Chances are that the NPA and the CIA have significant ties as well just going by what I know about these things.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:37:03 PM

Well... time to bring in the Golden Company I guess. Oh wait, do we even have funds for that? Cheesy

Would Russia or China offer anything comparable to Blackwater?

The Maoist NPA already has small arms complements of China so giving the normal citizenry a way to fight back is not going to hurt anything.  Plus the NPA, as nasty as they can be, would probably be the first to fire at the CIA planted 'Jihadis.'  That's a total guess on my part, though, since I don't know jack about it.  Yet.  Chances are that the NPA and the CIA have significant ties as well just going by what I know about these things.

You can never be sure when it comes to commies. These people after all attack civilians, not just the police and army. Also, these commies and jihadis operate in different areas, it's not as likely for them to come across each other. It's more common here for these jihadi groups to go attack each other as they jostle for territory.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: