Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:02:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Avalon Avalon2 Setup [HD]  (Read 31268 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 12:23:45 PM

New question.
Before I thought about it I had bought two Avalon2 miners. The other arrived today. I know the address of the 1 is 192.168.0.100 When you are setting up the miner. The one is running on that address. How would I access the new one? Do I change the address on the 1st one? If so how? Then use the common address for the 2nd one?

Thanks,

Jeff

Change the address of the first one, yes. Easiest way is to set its address type to DCHP, then your router will give it an address.

O.K. When I change the address. Does it give me a new address to use to log in with? How do I log into the old Avalon2 via the web browser?

When you go DCHP, login to your router and find the list of devices to find the IP your router gave the first device. DCHP just means instead of the Avalon going: "IM AT THIS IP FUCK YOU ALL" it gets what its given.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jeffie_3

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 10:38:53 AM

New question.
Before I thought about it I had bought two Avalon2 miners. The other arrived today. I know the address of the 1 is 192.168.0.100 When you are setting up the miner. The one is running on that address. How would I access the new one? Do I change the address on the 1st one? If so how? Then use the common address for the 2nd one?

Thanks,

Jeff

Change the address of the first one, yes. Easiest way is to set its address type to DCHP, then your router will give it an address.

O.K. When I change the address. Does it give me a new address to use to log in with? How do I log into the old Avalon2 via the web browser?

When you go DCHP, login to your router and find the list of devices to find the IP your router gave the first device. DCHP just means instead of the Avalon going: "IM AT THIS IP FUCK YOU ALL" it gets what its given.

Thank you so much for your help. I run a machine shop. When I learned to program it was back in the 8088 and 286 days. I have been reading up and learning allot.
jeffie3z

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:18:49 PM

Can you run more than one Avalon2 miner off of one Raspberry Pi?
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:32:37 PM

Can you run more than one Avalon2 miner off of one Raspberry Pi?

Probably a few modules, but after that the Pi might start maxing out.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:36:58 PM

BFGMiner 4.6 (just released) can now support Avalon2 devices - even alongside other devices or more Avalon2 devices.

xR1pp3Rx

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:48:37 PM

ive got a avolon2 and can not for the life of me figure out how to communicate with it. I have changed the ip and gateway on ipv4 and still can not get any were. why is this so hard to do? can some one send me to a video on how to install firmware on a 703n? I see several how to videos on other tp links but not the 703n and that's the only thing I havnt done yet. can anyone help? if not I have some equipment to sell  Undecided
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 06:58:28 PM

ive got a avolon2 and can not for the life of me figure out how to communicate with it. I have changed the ip and gateway on ipv4 and still can not get any were. why is this so hard to do? can some one send me to a video on how to install firmware on a 703n? I see several how to videos on other tp links but not the 703n and that's the only thing I havnt done yet. can anyone help? if not I have some equipment to sell  Undecided

Its identical to other tplinks. But seeing as bfgminer just updated, you can use USB to a windows based PC if that's easier for you?

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 02:31:52 AM

Totally revamped this guide, updated with new HD pictures, updated to latest style and uploaded to dogiecoin.com

poncawarrior

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:05:25 AM

I was fooling around and bought this on ebay - - - Avalon2 BitCoin 105G IT comes with the power adapter and usb cable - - - whats the easy way to hook it up through my computer - If their is suck away - I have another power supply to power this.  Thanks Steve
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:15:48 AM

I was fooling around and bought this on ebay - - - Avalon2 BitCoin 105G IT comes with the power adapter and usb cable - - - whats the easy way to hook it up through my computer - If their is suck away - I have another power supply to power this.  Thanks Steve
Plug it in, install the driver: http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41
Download BFGMiner 3.8, and run it: bfgminer -S avalonmm:all

poncawarrior

Activity: 48

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 04:27:02 AM

Thank You Very Much - - - Luke-Jr - I appreciate - Have a Good-One Steve
dogepls

Activity: 16

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 02:19:20 AM

when i try the raspberry pi method i used the image file included and my raspberry pi just load a bunch of stuff then freezes and it wont connect to the router.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 11:58:45 AM

when i try the raspberry pi method i used the image file included and my raspberry pi just load a bunch of stuff then freezes and it wont connect to the router.

You absolutely sure you imaged the SD card rather than just copying the file onto it?

dogepls

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 05:56:39 PM

You absolutely sure you imaged the SD card rather than just copying the file onto it?
yep i used windiskimager on a formatted sd card
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 06:18:10 PM

Hmm I'm not sure, its definitely the right file.

dogepls

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 06:24:44 PM

i have the raspberry pi b+, do i need the raspberry b or a for it to work? (im a noob with raspberry pi's)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 07:09:10 PM

i have the raspberry pi b+, do i need the raspberry b or a for it to work? (im a noob with raspberry pi's)

Not a clue if b+s need a different image, sorry.

jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:18:02 PM

Not a clue if b+s need a different image, sorry.

You need a B. The A doesn't have an Ethernet port, so you'd need a USB-Ethernet adapter. The image should work fine for the B+ (I think)
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 07:20:34 PM

BFGMiner 4.6 (just released) can now support Avalon2 devices - even alongside other devices or more Avalon2 devices.

Do you have decent fan logic/thermal control? The stock avalon2 cgminer driver has a limitation where fans don't ramp until >59degC which is just way too hot for my application.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 08:14:13 PM

Do you have decent fan logic/thermal control? The stock avalon2 cgminer driver has a limitation where fans don't ramp until >59degC which is just way too hot for my application.
I'm not sure that's something the host has control over...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: